The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Day trip to Nashville for my daughters birthday

Boop333

• Total Posts: 97
Day trip to Nashville for my daughters birthday Mon, 08/16/10 10:49 AM (permalink)
We started off with breakfast at Puckett's Grocery in Leipers Fork....it was delicious! (as expected...hahaha)

My breakfast

After a wonderful drive through the country, enjoying the beautiful scenery, we headed back to the city to Marti & Liz shoes and a quick trip to Trader Joes to see what samples they were handing out...always a fun experience for our grandson.  Next we headed to Elliston Place which is located just west of downtown near the Vanderbilt University campus and has a variety of options for dining and nighttime entertainment. Of course, no trip to Elliston Place is complete without a stop at the Elliston Place Soda Shop. I've included a picture from the menu that tells the history of this little gem that seems to have frozen in time and has stayed the same since it opened in 1939.

Freshly made Orangeade (of which I was being begged not to order because I wouldn't like it...hahaha) LOVED our sweet server! I can't believe I didn't ask her name *duh*

My grandson told our server he wanted a "burger with a salad on it"

She kept waving his drink in and out of the picture..haha

Great meal, Great service, Great place!

Next we headed downtown to Gigi's Cupcakes....ohhhhhhhh, the scent of that store when you walk through the door *faints*

My daughter had to have the "Birthday Surprise" since it was her birthday. It's a white cake cupcake with fluffy pink buttercream icing and colorful sprinkles

Our grandson wanted the "Texas Milk Chocolate."  A milk chocolate cupcake topped with chocolate buttercream, chocolate sprinkles and a bright yellow fondant star.

My husband and I shared a "Wedding Cake" which is a white cake cupcake topped with a vanilla buttercream icing and sprinkled with  white nonpareils.

All three were absolutely amazing and we will be bringing home an assorted box next visit...YUM!

On our way to White House, TN to visit the Disney Outlet store, on the 300 block of Broadway, downtown I spotted this and thought I would share.............

Haha....he was dancing a little jig (probably had a little swig) on the corner...gotta LOVE Nashville!

<message edited by Boop on Mon, 08/16/10 10:57 AM>

Nancypalooza

• Total Posts: 3778
    Re:Day trip to Nashville for my daughters birthday Mon, 08/16/10 7:10 PM (permalink)
    Those are some absolutely gorgeous cupcakes!  And what an interesting fellow to finish it off!

Ahi Mpls.

• Total Posts: 922
      Re:Day trip to Nashville for my daughters birthday Mon, 08/16/10 7:59 PM (permalink)
        What a nice day!
       Happy belated to your daughter, I'm lovin' that lil' peanut with BIG burger photo; how did he do?  
         thanks for including menu pics. I LOVE reading menus! 

buffetbuster

Re:Day trip to Nashville for my daughters birthday Mon, 08/16/10 8:52 PM (permalink)
        Boop

It is nice to see our friend Poverty Pete is doing well!

Boop-
        Looks like you guys had a great time.  Thanks for the nice report and photos! 

irisarbor

• Total Posts: 603
          Re:Day trip to Nashville for my daughters birthday Tue, 08/17/10 11:46 AM (permalink)
          YUM! Looks like I'll have some great stops when I finally get down Nashville-way again...
          Thanks for a fun report!

ULVER

• Total Posts: 226
            Re:Day trip to Nashville for my daughters birthday Thu, 09/9/10 11:17 PM (permalink)
            Glad you had a good time! Cute kids...
            Next trip I suggest you try "Arnold's." If you like roast beef and REAL fresh veggies, it can't be beat. Most all of Nashville will agree!
            Great review on this site, too!

leethebard

• Total Posts: 6086
              Re:Day trip to Nashville for my daughters birthday Fri, 09/10/10 4:54 AM (permalink)
              Elliston Place indeed looks like a place locked in time,,,It should be there forever. Thanks for sharing your adventure.

Davwud

• Total Posts: 504
                Re:Day trip to Nashville for my daughters birthday Fri, 09/10/10 12:04 PM (permalink)
                I'm putting EPSS on my "To do" list.

DT

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                  • No New Messages
                  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                  • Locked w/ New Messages
                  • Locked w/o New Messages
                  • Read Message
                  • Post New Thread
                  • Reply to message
                  • Post New Poll
                  • Submit Vote
                  • Post reward post
                  • Delete my own posts
                  • Delete my own threads
                  • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                  What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com