Del Taco Comes To Medford.

Author
1bbqboy
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4644
2005/04/22 14:20:38 (permalink)

Del Taco Comes To Medford.

We got new phone books yesterday, so I looked at the reataurant section. i got excited. We get a Del Taco! Well, as far as chains go, Del Taco is among my favorites. 24hr. drive thru,
cal-mex+american menus. It's all good. Located next to Lava Lanes, home of the Medford Open on the PBA tour. We're almost to the big small time.
http://www.deltaco.com

10 Replies Related Threads

Lucky Bishop
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1049
    RE: Del Taco Comes To Medford. 2005/04/22 14:48:08 (permalink)
    Crud. I was hoping you meant Medford MA. I miss Del Taco.
    1bbqboy
    Filet Mignon
    RE: Del Taco Comes To Medford. 2005/04/22 14:58:24 (permalink)
    Sorry Lucky. Funny thing is, when I go down to Redding, Ca. to hit the junk trail, I alternate between bringing In & Out and Del Taco back the 140 miles across the mountains. My kids love both, mostly because they're not here, I think. In talking to those folks previously, I knew that the guy who owns that one had plans for the Rogue Valley, as he also controls Jack in the Boxes for our area. Im Happy. Their hottest hot sauce is A-OK.
    Redding is the northern edge of In & Out's commissary run , I think. Since everything's fresh, they have a limit in mileage or hours or something. It's a nice drive past Mt. Shasta to get a hamburger for us.
    mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15321
    RE: Del Taco Comes To Medford. 2005/04/22 16:16:41 (permalink)

Bill-
    I can't help but wonder if there is some sort of symbolic relationship between the Del Taco menu and the location of it's "WORLD HEADQUARTERS" (so the sign on the building proclaims) built up against the wall of the Laguna Hills Leisure World just off the 5 at Lake-Forest Rd.. I'm sure that access to that semi-captive market of 40,000 Grey Power Members has something to do with it !!
    mr chips
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4727
    RE: Del Taco Comes To Medford. 2005/04/29 03:20:20 (permalink)
    I look forward to trying Del Taco when I visit the Rogue valley this fall.
    mar52
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 8315
    RE: Del Taco Comes To Medford. 2005/04/29 19:02:07 (permalink)
    I had some of the best Mexican food I ever had in Medford, Ore. and I come from Los Angeles.

This was maybe 10 years ago and they might not be there anymore.

I was headed North to Seattle and got off the 5 at the first Medford exit. I went left and then right.

Just looked at a map and it could have been on Riverside, St. Rt. 99 or Central.

It was a little mom and pop place and had the old chili sauce/hot sauce like in the old days. Made with chilies! Not pico de gallo, fresh tomato salsa. This was GOOD! I'm hoping that they are still in business!
    1bbqboy
    Filet Mignon
    RE: Del Taco Comes To Medford. 2005/04/30 11:02:27 (permalink)
    Hi ya Mar52, it was probably La Burrita. It's still happenin', but in a new location. Owing to the large amount of orchards around here, we've
    always had a vibrant latino aspect to the Rogue Valley, but there's been a marked upswing in the variety and number of Mexican Restaurants. There are so many, in fact, that the Chevy's they built here was unsuccessful and was closed and remodeled into an Olive Garden. we've just gotten something different for us, a more upscale "old world version" that I'm looking forward to trying.
    http://www.dailytidings.com/2005/0426/042605back.shtml
    BBq King
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 123
    RE: Del Taco Comes To Medford. 2005/04/30 11:56:07 (permalink)
    Bill--
    I went by Pipon's last night at 7PM and it was packed. We were on our way to Beasy's which was empty which was a good thing because they "lost" our reservations. I'm going to give Pipon's a try soon. By the way, Del Taco won't open until this summer at the earliest.
    --Steve Schulman
    Phoenix, OR
    mar52
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 8315
    RE: Del Taco Comes To Medford. 2005/05/04 00:52:10 (permalink)
    Hi Bill!

Glad to hear that they're still around. Not only was their food good, but they were very nice people.

My cousin's business is in Medford and he lived there for years before moving to Ashland.

Speaking of Ashland I had the best Asian spicy noodle type soup I've ever had at the Ashland Bakery. I wrote them for the recipe, but they never answered.

I love it up there but rarely have any time to make the drive.

I always drive unless it's impossible.
    BBq King
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 123
    RE: Del Taco Comes To Medford. 2005/05/04 22:58:21 (permalink)
    Bill-
    Made it to Pipon's this evening. In my humble opinion, it's not even as good as Si, Casa Flores or Casa Ramos.
    Rev.Bucky
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 57
    RE: Del Taco Comes To Medford. 2005/05/10 05:25:36 (permalink)
    Wow, who knew there were this many (Medfordites?...Medfordians?...)er
    Southern Oregonians into Mexie food around here. I'm glad theres a Del Taco coming, but isn't funny I have to come here to find that out, and I live less than two miles away from where it will be.

We are really fortunate here. La Burrita(s) Muchas Gracias, and a bunch of others that range from M@P to small chains. If the food isn't good, it won't last. I went to Chevys once, and would never ever go back, but then again, I'm not real into Tex Mex!

Has anybody tried (I'm sure I have the name wrong) La Morenas? It's down the street from the Old Bowling alley, on Riverside. I haven't yet, but have a friend who swears its so much better than Muchas Gracias (my personal fave, good food, super cheap prices, 24 hour drive through!! Of course that's gonna get my vote.) so I gots to try it soon.

Anybody know about Grants Pass? There was a place near some train tracks, a real dive, with the best Chile Rellenos tacos I have ever had. I have no idea where it is, and would love to find it again.

Maybe we should all hook up and do a Mexie food crawl?
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1