Demise of BurgerBoy/Greasy Spoon

Author
wallhd
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 435
2004/08/24 07:00:00 (permalink)

Demise of BurgerBoy/Greasy Spoon

In yesterday's mail I received what turned out to be the final issue of the little newsletter/magazine Greasy Spoon, formerly known as Burger Boy.

In an editorial inside the front cover of issue # 18 the publisher, Dirk Burhans, said he's ready to move on (and go fishing too).

I don't think Greasy Spoon had a very large circulation at all, but it was a fun little magazine to get.

Best wishes to Dirk Burhans (even though he never had a story about Clare & Carl's!).

Wally
Plattsburgh NY

2 Replies Related Threads

marberthenad
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 509
    RE: Demise of BurgerBoy/Greasy Spoon 2004/08/24 08:12:15 (permalink)
    Looks like it was a lot of fun to read. Saw on their website that they profiled "The Waffle Shop" in downtown DC. Great looking place, but I have yet to have a good meal there ...

Website says that back issues and a bound copy of all issues can be ordered. Was it food reviews or more about history/architecture?
    quote:
    Originally posted by wallhd

In yesterday's mail I received what turned out to be the final issue of the little newsletter/magazine Greasy Spoon, formerly known as Burger Boy.

In an editorial inside the front cover of issue # 18 the publisher, Dirk Burhans, said he's ready to move on (and go fishing too).

I don't think Greasy Spoon had a very large circulation at all, but it was a fun little magazine to get.

Best wishes to Dirk Burhans (even though he never had a story about Clare & Carl's!).

Wally
    Plattsburgh NY

wallhd
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 435
    RE: Demise of BurgerBoy/Greasy Spoon 2004/08/24 08:55:28 (permalink)
    GS/BB was probably a little more slanted towards the history/arch. aspect, but there were some food reviews from time to time as well.

Wally
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1