The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Denver Burgers

CoreyEl

• Total Posts: 156
Denver Burgers Fri, 05/30/03 11:18 PM (permalink)
Two of my Denver faves: Jim's Burger Haven on 88th Street, and Johnny's Diner on Havana Street. The sauce they put on the burgers at Johnny's is what Big Mac's wish they could be.

blake76

• Total Posts: 41
    RE: Denver Burgers Tue, 07/22/03 6:33 PM (permalink)
    Classic Hamburgers, on Nevada Ave., in Colorado Springs, has the best burgers in town (with all due respect to Conway's Red Top, which gets way more publicity for way more burger). For my money, I'll take less burger and a minimally longer life for my arteries. It's a teeny-tiny joint, where they make your burger to order ("you wantcher onions chopped or grilled?"), and toss and season the fries in a towel. Plus, they have boysenberry (?!) shakes. Yum.

Biscuit

• Total Posts: 73
      RE: Denver Burgers Tue, 07/22/03 10:28 PM (permalink)
      My favorte burger in Denver is the 'Hot Hamburger' at Pete's Kitchen at Colfax and Race St's.
      The hot hamburger is actually from another Greek diner, Pete's Coney Island, that used to be downtown on 15th. St. and was torn down to make way for the convention center.
      What the hot hamburger is, is take two slices of white bread and place them on top of each other on a large oval plate. Then, place a hamburger patty on top of the slices of bread. Next, place a bunch of hashbrowns next to the open face burger. And finally, cover the whole thing with chili con carne.
      It was better at the Coney Island, because the chili was better, but I still stop in for one at Pete's just for old times sake. The breakfast burrito is not to be missed, also.

CoreyEl

• Total Posts: 156
        RE: Denver Burgers Tue, 07/22/03 11:42 PM (permalink)
        quote:
        Originally posted by Biscuit

My favorte burger in Denver is the 'Hot Hamburger' at Pete's Kitchen at Colfax and Race St's.
        The hot hamburger is actually from another Greek diner, Pete's Coney Island, that used to be downtown on 15th. St. and was torn down to make way for the convention center.
        What the hot hamburger is, is take two slices of white bread and place them on top of each other on a large oval plate. Then, place a hamburger patty on top of the slices of bread. Next, place a bunch of hashbrowns next to the open face burger. And finally, cover the whole thing with chili con carne.
        It was better at the Coney Island, because the chili was better, but I still stop in for one at Pete's just for old times sake. The breakfast burrito is not to be missed, also.

Oh wow--Pete's! That really takes me back--I used to live a few blocks away, and would duck in often for a breakfast burrito or pancake sandwich.

Biscuit

• Total Posts: 73
          RE: Denver Burgers Wed, 07/23/03 9:44 AM (permalink)
          I sill live not too far away. My uncle, who is 84, also lived near there after getting out of the service after WW II. and ate there regularly. It can get pretty crowded in there at times now, but the food is still pretty good

The Satire Lounge, which is next door, has also been there for many years. It's owned by the same guy who owns Pete's and used to have excellent mexican food, cheap. The last time I ate there it had declined quite a bit, though.

Grizzly

• Total Posts: 36
            RE: Denver Burgers Wed, 09/17/03 1:29 PM (permalink)
            One of the prime spots for City employees to eat is Griff's on Broadway and I-25. They make a triple cheeseburger that is fabulous. The combo it's in is called the Monster Combo. Its a 3/4 lb triple with everything, with fries and a 32oz drink for $4.99. The whole thing must be 2000 calories, but damn is it good. Sometimes a little greasy, but oh so good. They also make good onion rings and the thickest shakes I have seen in a while.

Pwingsx

• Total Posts: 2170
              RE: Denver Burgers Wed, 09/17/03 2:18 PM (permalink)
              Where in Denver can you find a good burger in a place that's non-smoking and not in LoDo? AND who will do it rare if you ask for it that way? I've yet to find anything very good. I don't mind smoking, but my boyfriend can't stand it, literally starts choking up. And we don't like to go downtown if we can help it. He lives in Aurora and I live in Lafayette, so we're willing to drive all over the metro area to different restaurants.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                • No New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                • Locked w/ New Messages
                • Locked w/o New Messages
                • Read Message
                • Post New Thread
                • Reply to message
                • Post New Poll
                • Submit Vote
                • Post reward post
                • Delete my own posts
                • Delete my own threads
                • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com