Derby Treat- Not for the Budget-Minded

Author
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 15214
2008/04/14 14:08:28 (permalink)

Derby Treat- Not for the Budget-Minded

I received this offer today from my friends at Woodford Reserve. I have yet to purchase one in this annual tribute to the Derby, but maybe some of you High Rollers would be interested.
They're Off! Presenting the 2008 Woodford Reserve $1,000 Mint Julep Cup!

As a fan of Woodford Reserve, we're proud to let you know about the excitement of this year's Woodford Reserve $1,000 Mint Julep Cups!

To honor the 35th anniversary of Secretariat's record-setting victory in Kentucky Derby 99, there will be a total of 99 cups for purchase or auction this year. The sterling cups, plated in 24-karat gold, feature LeRoy Neiman's Secretariat 35th Anniversary artwork, as featured on the 2008 Woodford Reserve Kentucky Derby bottle. Each cup comes with an oak box crafted from the same wood as Woodford Reserve bourbon barrels and is lined with custom-designed satin depicting the pattern of Secretariat's blue and white silks. Proceeds from the sales of the cups will benefit The Secretariat Foundation.

Secretariat Cups
97 of the 99 total cups will feature a full-color medallion reproduction of LeRoy Neiman's Secretariat 35th Anniversary artwork, are carefully engraved with Secretariat's name, and offered with a sterling silver sipping straw. The 97 gold cups will be on sale beginning April 14 for $1,000 on a "first come, first buy" basis.

Legendary Silks Cups
One carat total weight of sapphires and diamonds embellish each of the two Legendary Silks cups and represent the blue and white silks from Big Red's distinguished career. The cups are also adorned with LeRoy Neiman's artwork and are presented with an exclusive 24-karat gold-plated sipping straw. Consumers can bid on one of the two Legendary Silks cups during the online auction which begins on April 14 and ends at noon (EDT) on April 29.

How to Purchase
For more information, to purchase your cup, or to get in on the auction action, just visit www.woodfordreservemintjulep.com. Sales and the auctions start at noon EDT on Monday, April 14, 2008, so don't wait too long. If you're interested, we wouldn't want you to miss out on this one-of-a-kind tribute to "crown jewel of horse racing" and a Kentucky classic - the Woodford Reserve $1000 Mint Julep Cup!
Experience life as a racehorse owner at
www.WoodfordReserveStables.com

Stakes are high.
Please enjoy Woodford Reserve responsibly.
This message is intended only for those of legal drinking age.

Woodford Reserve Kentucky Straight Bourbon
Whiskey, 45.2% Alc. By Vol.,
The Woodford Reserve Distillery, Versailles, KY ©2008.

3 Replies Related Threads

David_NYC
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2164
    RE: Derby Treat- Not for the Budget-Minded 2008/04/14 14:28:07 (permalink)
    Well, it is a fund raiser for The Secretariat Foundation, a non-profit charitable organization.
    Robearjr
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1102
    RE: Derby Treat- Not for the Budget-Minded 2008/04/15 19:13:21 (permalink)
    Yes, no doubt that $990 of the $1,000 is eligible for a tax deduction.
    Jimeats
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3175
    RE: Derby Treat- Not for the Budget-Minded 2008/04/16 07:35:41 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Robearjr

Yes, no doubt that $990 of the $1,000 is eligible for a tax deduction.
    Don't count on it.
    I tryed to deduct the "Donations" that I made to the poneys one year and the IRS called me in on that. Chow Jim
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1