DiFara's Has Competition?

Author
peppertree
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 302
2011/09/19 08:24:45 (permalink)

DiFara's Has Competition?

Walked down Avenue J yesterday (not to eat) and saw a new pizza place two doors down from DiFara's with a large sign advertising $13.99 Whole Pie Special, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. (DiFara's is closed Monday and Tuesday). I intend to try their pizza soon but was wondering if anyone here has and how is their pizza. This is not the Kosher Jerusalem pizza place, it is new and on the same block two doors down.

My thought is, that if this place is going to compete with Dominick he must have something good. I want to find out and would like to know if anyone here has tried it.

It would be interesting if this place was stiff competition and a price war developed. In my dreams, it could end up like a Pats vs Gino's corner in South Philly. And Midwood is not even an Italian neighborhood.

1 Reply Related Threads

wanderingjew
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7749
    Re:DiFara's Has Competition? 2011/09/19 08:35:45 (permalink)
    When I lived in Midwood from1988-1990- (before the hype and also when I thought that DiFara's pizza was much better than it has been in recent years) aside from the kosher Pizza Places, there was another Italian Pizza place called Ave J Pizza Center- I thought their regular slices were better than Difara's, however DiFara's still had it way over them on the Sicilian slices.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1