Ding-A-Ling Supper Club (Hanover, WI)

Author
ScreamingChicken
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5075
2010/11/27 16:54:57 (permalink)

Ding-A-Ling Supper Club (Hanover, WI)

Last night we went to the Ding-A-Ling Supper Club in Hanover, which is an unincorporated community a little southwest of Janesville.  From the outside it doesn't look like anything more than a bar and it's about the same inside, with some tables in the bar area and maybe 7 or 8 more tables snugly packed into a small attached dining room.  We got there about 5 and only 1 other table was occupied, but when we left not quite an hour later nearly all the tables were taken.

Since it was Friday we decided on fish; I had the cod special and Kathy had perch, which came with a basket of rolls and the soup/salad/cottage cheese options along with the main course. The clam chowder was thick and flavorful and my French onion soup was baked with small croutons and cheese, and wasn't choked with so many onions that it was more of a stew than a soup.

Ding-A-Ling offers cod with a regular batter and a beer batter so I started with the latter and it was nice and crisp, and when I ordered a refill I tried the regular version, which wasn't as crunchy but the fish was equally mild and flaky.  But the clear winner was the perch.  It had a coarse, thin, slightly salty breading and the fish itself, served as 2 filets, was excellent and neither of us would hesitate to order it on a future visit.

Unfortunately I was disappointed with my potato pancake which was too sweet and contained too much onion for my liking, although it was well-cooked with a crisp outside and creamy inside.

2 dinners and 3 drinks set us back less than $37, and since we used a $50 certificate we have $13 and change for our next visit.

Brad

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1