Dining in at Pizza Hut ROCKS!!

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
DamnTheCowboys
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 69
2006/11/01 15:02:19 (permalink)

Dining in at Pizza Hut ROCKS!!

Man, last night brought back memories. First time I'd dined in Pizza Hut in five years. It's one of the last dine-in ones in the area and it's right near my high school....which brought back a fond memory of when I was in winter track in high school and ran into that PH and had pizza

This one still has the old school logo outside

They were busy but mostly delivery last night....nobody dining in. So we go there and it had the classic dank atmosphere, pretty clean dining area.

Here's what you need to know in taking advantage of this palce. Always order the salad bar. Now I don't even like salads but their is just classic. Pretty small but hit up a small salad and it hits the spot before the pizza comes. We grabbed a thin and crispy pepperoni/ground beef, which was PERFECT.

Here's how I made it even more money ....keep the salad plate on your table....go up there and grab some red onions, mushrooms from the salad bar and eat them raw on the pizza. Also, I grabbed a couple cucumbers and put vinegar on them....then slapped one on a pizza slice. Not bad!

Hell, even drizzle a little oil onto the pie. Some old couple came in and were at the salad bar and saw me standing up there at the salad bar putting onions on a slice, and they said "thats a good idea!" I was like "I know, you should try it!"

it's fun getting up and jump sampling stuff on your pizza. Even you retards who eat pineapple on your pizza....there's that, too! Bacon bits- didn't try that. I kept getting up and experimenting, asking my bro and his o/l, "does anyone here need ranch for dippage?"
They were shocked as I returned with thousand island sauce and ranch, as I mixed the two together to dip the crust in.

Pizza Hut ROCKS!

37 Replies Related Threads

jellybear
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1135
    RE: Dining in at Pizza Hut ROCKS!! 2006/11/01 15:05:35 (permalink)
    I ate at Pizza Hut twice!The first and the last time!
    NebGuy
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 875
    RE: Dining in at Pizza Hut ROCKS!! 2006/11/01 15:22:00 (permalink)
    Here's a better idea. Why don't you have them meet you at the salad bar with your pizza before they cook it then you could pile on all the free veggies you want.

BTW: Their ground beef looks like rabbit doo doo to me.
    Greymo
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3710
    RE: Dining in at Pizza Hut ROCKS!! 2006/11/01 15:53:56 (permalink)
    I think the title of this should beDining in at Pizza Hut SUCKS!!
    DamnTheCowboys
    Hamburger
    RE: Dining in at Pizza Hut ROCKS!! 2006/11/01 16:01:14 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by NebGuy

Here's a better idea. Why don't you have them meet you at the salad bar with your pizza before they cook it then you could pile on all the free veggies you want.

That would take part of the fun away. At least you get some exercise going back and forth! The best part about last night?

They didn't even charge us for the salads!
    Lotus
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 3
    RE: Dining in at Pizza Hut ROCKS!! 2006/11/01 16:55:28 (permalink)
    I really hope you were intoxicated during your Pizza Hut dining "experience". Otherwise, insanity is the only other reason you would say that slop you ate "ROCKS"
    Tedbear
    • Total Posts : 1832
    RE: Dining in at Pizza Hut ROCKS!! 2006/11/01 17:20:18 (permalink)
    Unless the OP is a shill for Pizza Hut, I can only assume that either:

He (or is it she?) has very low standards for pizza

Or

There are no REAL pizzarias in Richmond, VA

In NY, NJ & CT, only kids and those who have never tasted REAL pizza would eat at Pizza Hut more than once.

Scorereader
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5546
    RE: Dining in at Pizza Hut ROCKS!! 2006/11/01 17:27:51 (permalink)
    considering national pizza chains, such as pizza hut, are the most sold and eaten pizzas in the country, it's not surprising that people actually enjoy the stuff. How else do they stay in business!?!

As a teenager, I, too, enjoyed the salad bars. I haven't been back to a Pizza Hut in years and years, but it sounds like the salad bar hasn't changed. Which is actually a good thing. If I had to go back, I'd probably stick to only the salad bar.

I have come to detest the pizza, however. It was great as a high schooler when going out in a group for a cheap night, but even back then there were local pizzarias that I truly prefered. Now, since pizza is more harmful to my waistline compared to back then, I must be sure to only eat quality pizza and not triffle with the national chain junk.

my only rift with your love for pizza hut is in the ironicism you create when you come to a roadfood site and whole heartedly endorse a national chain pizza, but then in turn slam people for putting pineapple on pizza, as if you're a pizza purist - which clearly you are not considering your affinity to PH.

But, hey man, you love what you love and I'm sure PH is glad to know they have a satisfied customer.

DamnTheCowboys
    Hamburger
    RE: Dining in at Pizza Hut ROCKS!! 2006/11/01 17:50:32 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by DamnTheCowboys

quote:
    Originally posted by Scorereader

considering national pizza chains, such as pizza hut, are the most sold and eaten pizzas in the country, it's not surprising that people actually enjoy the stuff. How else do they stay in business!?!

As a teenager, I, too, enjoyed the salad bars. I haven't been back to a Pizza Hut in years and years, but it sounds like the salad bar hasn't changed. Which is actually a good thing. If I had to go back, I'd probably stick to only the salad bar.

I have come to detest the pizza, however. It was great as a high schooler when going out in a group for a cheap night, but even back then there were local pizzarias that I truly prefered. Now, since pizza is more harmful to my waistline compared to back then, I must be sure to only eat quality pizza and not triffle with the national chain junk.

my only rift with your love for pizza hut is in the ironicism you create when you come to a roadfood site and whole heartedly endorse a national chain pizza, but then in turn slam people for putting pineapple on pizza, as if you're a pizza purist - which clearly you are not considering your affinity to PH.

But, hey man, you love what you love and I'm sure PH is glad to know they have a satisfied customer.

Good takes all around. I guess it was more the experience and the nostalgia more than anything. I honestly dont eat chain pizza, hardly ever. I hit good pizzerias or I'll eat a Tombstone.

Dominos would have my business if they brought back the DoubleMelt, that's for sure.
    Scorereader
    Sirloin
    RE: Dining in at Pizza Hut ROCKS!! 2006/11/01 18:01:15 (permalink)
    oh, by the way - LOVE your handle name!

Adjudicator
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5065
    RE: Dining in at Pizza Hut ROCKS!! 2006/11/01 19:53:03 (permalink)
    The only pizza I ever liked from Pizza Hut was "The Edge" pizza; full of toppings but no outer edge crust. I guess it was too expensive to market because I only remember seeing it for a short while.
    PapaJoe8
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5504
    RE: Dining in at Pizza Hut ROCKS!! 2006/11/01 20:10:14 (permalink)
    I used to know of a PH that made a pizza I liked, pan pizza meat lovers w/ extra cheese . They would do 2 layers of cheese, one under the meat, one on top. Maybe not real pizza but it was good.
    Joe
    startrooper00
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 110
    RE: Dining in at Pizza Hut ROCKS!! 2006/11/01 23:09:05 (permalink)
    I love the pan pizza from Pizza Hut ....Mine is always extra cheese and sausage!!!!
    ellen4641
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3531
    RE: Dining in at Pizza Hut ROCKS!! 2006/11/02 00:13:49 (permalink)
    there are way too many "real" pizza joints here in jersey!!... so no thank you to Pizza Hut...

there IS actually a Pizza Hut I could easily walk to right from my condo....with the salad bar and everything. The only times (twice) I went to it was during a big snowstorm (when it was easier to walk than to dig the car out), and the other time when I decided to just have their salad bar to take out . I was on some kind of "weight loss mission" that day.

Fieldthistle
    • Total Posts : 1948
    RE: Dining in at Pizza Hut ROCKS!! 2006/11/02 06:40:56 (permalink)
    Hello All,
    We had 2 Pizza Huts in Harrisonburg, Va., and both were good.
    I never had a pizza here I didn't like.
    I went to one in Williamsburg, Va., and it was gawd-awful.
    My daughter and I used to go the local ones often, a place to
    have a special father/daughter relating time. We always ordered
    a thin crust with sausage.
    She's away at college and I miss going with her to Pizza Hut.
    Take Care,
    Fieldthistle
    DamnTheCowboys
    Hamburger
    RE: Dining in at Pizza Hut ROCKS!! 2006/11/02 09:07:59 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Fieldthistle

Hello All,
    We had 2 Pizza Huts in Harrisonburg, Va., and both were good.
    I never had a pizza here I didn't like.
    I went to one in Williamsburg, Va., and it was gawd-awful.
    My daughter and I used to go the local ones often, a place to
    have a special father/daughter relating time. We always ordered
    a thin crust with sausage.

She's away at college and I miss going with her to Pizza Hut.
    Take Care,
    Fieldthistle

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT RIGHT THERE. Something about the inside of certain Pizza Huts that go beyond just the food. I also like this guy's self-sacrifice by getting a topping that mostly only children like- sausage. Hopefully you can rekindle that bond and old times by going during Thanksgiving break with her to PH, say on that Friday night. EPIC.

And rack you for bringing up the H-Burg PH. I went to both of them when I was in college up there and each time was pretty freaking classic. I had a friend who worked there part-time, at one point....he lived right beside me in the dorm and occasionally would come back from work at night with a free pie. He got me into appreciating the red onions.

I know that the locally owned joints may have better quality, but I just disagree with people who say PH tastes like crap. You're not impressing anyone by trying to be high and mighty and better than Pizza Slut. There are people starving out there who would kill to hit the PH lunch buffet and all some of you can do is fold your arms, tilt your snouts up and say " I have higher standards"

kland01s
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2835
    RE: Dining in at Pizza Hut ROCKS!! 2006/11/02 10:02:06 (permalink)
    Years ago we would sometimes go for their lunch buffet with the work crowd but they closed that store and built a Pizza Hut/Taco Bell combo. Not too long ago we were out doing a Sunday drive and were'nt coming up with many things open in the little farm towns were we going through. We were starving and almost ready to find a grocery to get snacks when we came upon a Pizza Hut. The place was packed, pretty much everyone was doing the buffet where everything was fresh, hot and well attended by the staff. The food wasn't too bad and our drinks were kept fresh by the very friendly staff. We have a great local pizza place at home but for being out on the road with little options, this PH was pretty good, it was clean, had friendly efficient staff and everyone seemed to enjoy being there.
    AndreaB
    • Total Posts : 1303
    RE: Dining in at Pizza Hut ROCKS!! 2006/11/02 10:09:10 (permalink)
    My best Pizza Hut memories are from high school and college and I too found the dark and dank atmosphere to be relaxing, especially at night. It was just a great place to relax, take your time, and eat with friends. We used to get the pizzas right when they slid onto the buffet. You could also order off the menu if you wanted, but why bother? At our local independently owned Pizza Hut, the salad bar was included in the pizza buffet.
    Pizza Hut was the only sit-down pizza place in our little town. Other pizza choices were Little Caesars or Dominoes.

Andrea
    doggydaddy
    • Total Posts : 1847
    RE: Dining in at Pizza Hut ROCKS!! 2006/11/02 10:31:27 (permalink)

DTC's wrote:

==== Even you retards who eat pineapple on your pizza....there's that, too... ...I honestly dont eat chain pizza, hardly ever. I hit good pizzerias or....====

I say put pineapple or as you do, the salad bar toppings on their pizza. Anything to enhance their pizza helps. They do try to create unique pizzas to attract customers such as the lasagna and their new Brooklyn style with its ads of a cab driver eating one. Let me rephrase that, trying to eat one as and he is talking about how it has to be eaten folded but unable to do it. I ask myself, is the crust too tough?? It probably will appeal to folks who have heard of NY style but never had one.

But I cannot accuse you of being a shill for Pizza Hut as you have posted on a variety of restaurants such as Taco Bell's Cheesy Gordita Crunch, Ruby Tuesdays Triple Prime Burger, Burger King's Stacker and Best ways to combine fast food items.(...add Pepto Bismal?)
    But this is why there is a Fast Food section, they can't be avoided as you travel across the country. We all have an affinity for junk food of some type.
    I was watching The Daily Show the other night where they were reporting from different regions of Ohio. Each reporter was standing in front of an Applebees...

====...I'll eat a Tombstone.====

HHHmmmmmm

mark
    lleechef
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6653
    RE: Dining in at Pizza Hut ROCKS!! 2006/11/02 21:35:08 (permalink)
    While I can't disagree that certain establishments when re-visited can bring back old memories, I certainly hope noone thinks that Pizza Hut has good pizza. My gawd. That is NOT pizza! I don't know what it is but it sure as heck is NOT pizza.
    Billfish
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 397
    RE: Dining in at Pizza Hut ROCKS!! 2006/11/02 21:49:04 (permalink)
    I was surprised by the characterization of sausage as being "mostly something only kids like".I wouldnt be surprised if it was the US' second favorite pizza topping,outsold by pepperoni (which is,if you think about it,just a kind of sausage).I have often heard that in Chicago,certainly a major pizza town,sausage is the most popular topping.
    DamnTheCowboys
    Hamburger
    RE: Dining in at Pizza Hut ROCKS!! 2006/11/02 22:10:07 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Billfish

I was surprised by the characterization of sausage as being "mostly something only kids like".I wouldnt be surprised if it was the US' second favorite pizza topping,outsold by pepperoni (which is,if you think about it,just a kind of sausage).

Hey, I was just saying. I've always likened a "sausage pizza" to "ketchup on a hot dog"..... eventually you grow up.

roossy90
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6695
    RE: Dining in at Pizza Hut ROCKS!! 2006/11/03 12:57:59 (permalink)
    I dont buy from any chain Pizza..

IMHO, they all suck and there are so many mom and pop "real" Pizza joints, why bother going to a chain..
    Dominos, Pizza Hut, Papa Johns... nope..nope..nope!!!
    They NEVER see me in there.
    They only time you see me eat a slice, is if someone has brought one in and offered it.
    And when I do, It just reconfirms my reasoning for not ordering from them.
    Scorereader
    Sirloin
    RE: Dining in at Pizza Hut ROCKS!! 2006/11/03 14:20:18 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by lleechef

While I can't disagree that certain establishments when re-visited can bring back old memories, I certainly hope noone thinks that Pizza Hut has good pizza. My gawd. That is NOT pizza! I don't know what it is but it sure as heck is NOT pizza.

dough, sauce, toppings, cheese. It's a pizza. It's a lousy pizza, but it's a pizza. sorry.

Look, and not to pick out lleechef - I only used this quote as an example, but it's one thing to not like the food, it's another thing to get snobby about it.
    It's pizza. Which is why it's called Pizza Hut. They make pizza. So does Papa John's, Little Ceasars, and the rest if them. It's pizza.
    So local delivery places (even in NY) make the same lousy pizza becasue that's the highest selling pizza so they figure, why not get in the market.
    It's all pizza.

Some pizza is better than other pizza. But, it's subjective to the type of pizza you're accustomed to. Take for example the people who want to FedEx Sir Pizza. In my opinion, that's ludicrous, because Sir Pizza is more foul than most of the chains. I'd gladly eat Papa John's over it. But, it's my opinion -which is based on the fact that I grew up in a highly italian populated place with great pizza all over the place. I could rattle off ten or twenty pizzaria in that town off the top of my head that has better pizza, but even up there, people still order pizza hut. It's pizza. It may not be good pizza in your or my opinion, but it's still pizza.
    Hell, if that crap in PA along I-81 with cardboard tasting dough with tomato paste that tastes like ketchup can be passed off as pizza, then certainly Pizza Hut has earned the right to use the name.

tkitna
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 622
    RE: Dining in at Pizza Hut ROCKS!! 2006/11/04 00:25:12 (permalink)
    I havent been to one in years, but my biggest complaint is that i've never been to a clean one. I can usually eat a slice or two of the thin crust pizza, but not the pan pizza junk with the three pounds of butter that saturates the dough. Anyways, the food on the floors and tables just put me off to the point where theres no way i'll ever go again.
    RibRater
    • Total Posts : 1862
    RE: Dining in at Pizza Hut ROCKS!! 2006/11/04 05:49:51 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by tkitna

... but my biggest complaint is that i've never been to a clean one.

yeah, it was the flies that drove me away. Pizza Hut was a great place to go for pizza and beer...back in the early 80's. Have only been a few times since then and the flies (at all three places) were the most memorable part of the visit. I despise flies.

Tedbear
    • Total Posts : 1832
    RE: Dining in at Pizza Hut ROCKS!! 2006/11/04 07:19:25 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by tkitna

I can usually eat a slice or two of the thin crust pizza, but not the pan pizza junk with the three pounds of butter that saturates the dough.

Yes, I agree that there is some kind of fat/grease/shortening saturating that dough. Aside from the so-so taste of Pizza Hut's product, on the few occasions when I ate it, I found that it sat like a lump of lead in my stomach for a few hours afterward. I suspected that it was loaded with some kind of fat in the crust since it was so heavy, so I am glad to hear someone who is of the same opinion.

However, I very much doubt that it would be butter. More likely, it is some very cheap type of shortening, possibly one loaded with trans-fats so that it can be kept for an eternity without going rancid. Luckily, in the NY/NJ area, there is absolutely no need to patronize a Pizza Hut, as we have a host of Mom & Pop pizza places that range from adequate to extraordinary.
    MandalayVA
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 367
    RE: Dining in at Pizza Hut ROCKS!! 2006/11/04 11:45:37 (permalink)
    Living in Richmond myself but being brought up in New Jersey where excellent pizza is commonplace, I can assure you that you can find decent non-chain pizzerias in the area. My favorites are Anna's on Hull Street Road and Candela's on Huguenot Road. The only bad part is that they use canned mushrooms, but avoid those and you're fine.

I do like Pizza Hut pizza, but only when it's hot. Once it's cold it gets disgustingly greasy and stays that way, even if you reheat it. I also like Domino's, but avoid Papa John's and Little Caesar's and CiCi's like the plague.
    Greymo
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3710
    RE: Dining in at Pizza Hut ROCKS!! 2006/11/04 16:15:48 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Scorereader

quote:
    Originally posted by lleechef

dough, sauce, toppings, cheese. It's a pizza. It's a lousy pizza, but it's a pizza. sorry.

Look, and not to pick out lleechef - I only used this quote as an example, but it's one thing to not like the food, it's another thing to get snobby about it.

Well, I do not think she was being snobby at all. If one is used to really good pizza, one does not think of Pizza Hut as a place to get pizza. (I would rather go without and have done so.) And the pizza that you referred to on Rt 81 is something that I call tomato pie and it is a heck of a lot different than what I consider a real pizza. I have a daughter whose's family loves that stuff and serves it at every party.We all have our opinions on every food and I have never found a chain that serves really good pizza.
    roossy90
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6695
    RE: Dining in at Pizza Hut ROCKS!! 2006/11/05 04:10:13 (permalink)
    I am not snobby either.
    I just think that all chains are a major cop out with the coupons being a huge draw to lure business away from local's.
    There are SO MANY mom and pop restaurants in close proximity to any chain pizza joint. Why would you want to eat crappy pizza, when I am sure maybe a couple miles down the road, there is a local genuine pizza restaurant?
    Of course, in this day and age, these chains have changed the way families do eat with the price being a major factor.
    I would rather pay 16 bucks at a local joint for one large pizza, than get 5 for the same price with inferior product slathered all over it.
    Yuck. Its all marketing, and sometimes people will just sacrifice taste for cost.

IMHO.... No.. not snobby.. just like good 'za!
    I can see the fire aimed at me now....
    Like I say.. Just MY OPINION!
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1