Dinner at The Little "Bigger" Place (w/pics!)

Author
billyboy
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2445
2008/03/22 17:17:00 (permalink)

Dinner at The Little "Bigger" Place (w/pics!)

I had a craving for Mexican food last night, so I took my gf out to one of our favorite local Mexican restaurants, The Little "Bigger" Place. It's called that because they were originally The Little Place, but then expanded recently. We had never eaten there before, but only had delivery and it has always been great. The flavors of the chiles, meats and vegetables always shine through. Here are some pics:

Outside. The decided to keep the name on the sign and just add "Bigger" to it.

Some of the specials on the sidewalk board.

Obviously not my best camera work (after about 8 shots, I just hoped for the best). I had the chiles rellenos which were very tasty, but I don't think that they were fried in an egg batter.

Some of the artwork painted on to the ceiling inside.

More specials.

The menu.

My "Chiles Rellenos" $13.50-(grilled poblano peppers filled with beef and covered in cheese, tomato sauce, sour cream) served with 3 warm corn tortillas, black beans and rice. These were great! Nice charred flavor from the grilling, the carne inside was tender, but could have benefitted from some seasoning. The black beans and rice there are always spot on and I wish I could make it taste like that at home. The tortillas were most helpful at cleaning my plate.

My gf had the "Guadalajara Fajitas" $10.25-(baby shrimps, tomatoes, onions, jalapenos and cilantro served over rice) with guacamole.

Another shot of the Chiles Rellenos, showcasing the peppers a bit more.

Our complimentary chips and salsa. Very good! The chips weren't greasy and had just the right amount of salt on them. The salsa had a nice mix of flavors and had a slight creeping heat to it.

It's a little pricey, but it's not a taco stand/shack. It's more of a sit-down/upscale place. I'd definitely go back for more. Hopefully, my next report will be from a taco stand in SOHO called Calexico. I've been hearing good things about it.

2 Replies Related Threads

enginecapt
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3486
    RE: Dinner at The Little "Bigger" Place (w/pics!) 2008/03/22 17:35:23 (permalink)
    Sure looks good. One thing you don't see in Mexican restaurants around here is the word "veggie". I'd probably faint dead away if I saw that. And true to form is the California Burrito, a menu item you'll find in just about every state but California.
    leethebard
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6321
    RE: Dinner at The Little "Bigger" Place (w/pics!) 2008/03/22 17:52:52 (permalink)
    Oh man those Chile Rellenos are what I'd order. My favorite...and those look super!!!Thanks for sharing.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1