Dirty Frank's Hot Dog Palace Columbus, OH

Author
chicagostyledog
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3283
2009/01/01 23:13:19 (permalink)

Dirty Frank's Hot Dog Palace Columbus, OH

I spent a day at the Vienna Beef Factory with the crew from Dirty Frank's Hot Dog Palace. They're a great group of restaurant professionals who'll be opening a Chicago style hot dog stand in Columbus in the very near future.
http://cmhgourmand.wordpress.com/2008/11/17/hot-dog-daze-a-dirty-franks-field-trip

CSD PhD Professor of Hot Dogs
post edited by chicagostyledog - 2009/01/02 08:41:10

2 Replies Related Threads

signman
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1743
    Re:Dirty Frank's Hot Dog Palace Columbus, OH 2009/01/02 00:53:59 (permalink)
    Great link Mark, Thanks.
    Mrs.Crunch
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 199
    Re:Dirty Frank's Hot Dog Palace Columbus, OH 2009/07/09 11:21:01 (permalink)
     Ohh my goodness! I'm so disappointed in my first visit to Dirty Franks in downtown Columbus.....(sigh) I really do respect the fact that the owners have been though so much with the year delay in opening but they have really got to work on better quality food preparations. 
    All four of our hotdogs were not even warm let alone hot. We loved the hot dog combinations on the menu offered but buns seemed to just totally swallow up the hot dog. I ordered the chili dog and all the cheddar cheese pretty much fell off the dog since it was blocky and shredded, obviously from a bag (the cheese reminded me of something you'd get from any institutionalized building- like a school cafeteria) We ordered the mac and cheese and it tasted like a glorified Kraft mac and cheese. We asked our server which potato side we should order and she said " I'd get the french fries (as opposed to the tots) because they are real potatoes." 
    The service was really friendly and i know all the locals are giving this new place extremely High praise due to the fact that this place just opened but I just want to be honest here so the owners can improve the quality of food so this place sticks around for a long time, it has great potential.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1