Discovered Great BBQ in Meriden, CT

Author
Hotdog-Gal
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 40
2008/06/06 14:07:06 (permalink)

Discovered Great BBQ in Meriden, CT

There is a wonderful take out bbq place in Meriden, CT. I've heard of this place and driven by it many many times. I finally gave it a try and WOW. I personally have never had BBQ like this. It's the real deal as far as southern food goes.
The name of the place is SouthernQue. It is on 70 Pomeroy Avenue right off of East Main Street in Meriden. Very easy on and off from both Routes 15 and 91.
They have chickin, ribs, pulled pork, delicious sides like mac and cheese, baked beans, green beans, yams, collard greens etc. Great corn biscuits. They have dinners and he also does catering. This is run by Don Washington on the side of his home. I am posting a link here to a review that was written.
So if you're in the Meriden area stop by SouthernQue. It is well worth a trip.

http://tedlorson.blogspot.com/2007/02/southernque-meriden-ct.html

2 Replies Related Threads

billyboy
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2445
    RE: Discovered Great BBQ in Meriden, CT 2008/06/06 14:19:11 (permalink)
    I dying to hear more!! What was it about the food that won you over? Is their BBQ indicative of a particular region? Memphis? North Carolina? KC? What did you eat when you went? Were the meats smoked? Would love to hear more details about the food you tried!!
    Hotdog-Gal
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 40
    RE: Discovered Great BBQ in Meriden, CT 2008/06/08 10:31:38 (permalink)
    Hi billyboy,
    I have posted another link below with a review and pictures.
    To answer your question, it was the whole experience. I had ribs with mac and cheese and baked beans with a cornbread muffin. My mate had 1/2 chicken with mac/cheese, green beans and muffin.
    For me who really has just had the typical chain fair of baby back ribs this was entirely different. The sauce was not thick which I am accustomed to and was very good. Hard to explain other than it tasted like real southern cooking to me. The review I've attached says the ribs were dry. They were not the day I had them. I did have the pulled pork months ago at a friends house. It was the first time I ever had it and it was delicious. I believe Don came north from the Carolina's. Anyway, I'm hooked and glad I live 10 minutes away pass this place on my way home from work! Only live < 1 min away from Ted's Famous Steamed cheeseburgers! 2 minutes away from Little Rendezvous Pizza. It don't get much better than that!!!

http://pigtrip.net/review-SouthernQue.htm
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1