Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Disneyland LA Restaurant Help

Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 4 of 6, messages 91 to 120 of 164
mar52

• Total Posts: 7590
Re:Disneyland LA Restaurant Help Mon, 04/4/11 4:25 PM (permalink)
Did someone mention lunch?

pnwchef

• Total Posts: 2226
    Re:Disneyland LA Restaurant Help Mon, 04/4/11 8:18 PM (permalink)
    EdSails, We went to KanKou Chicken, my wife is hooked on the garlic spread. We went to the Bakery next door, thats a report all in it self. My wife had the Chicken and I had the TRi-Tip Shawerma. I'll do a report and some pictures when I get more time. The Jordanian Cab driver, called his wife for the garlic spread recipe....................Thanks for the tip.......pnwc

EdSails

• Total Posts: 3546
      Re:Disneyland LA Restaurant Help Mon, 04/4/11 8:44 PM (permalink)
      You're welcome.

stricken_detective

• Total Posts: 2330
        Re:Disneyland LA Restaurant Help Mon, 04/4/11 9:47 PM (permalink)
        Glad to hear you arrived safe, like your hotel & are having a good time.

We stayed @ Castle Inn & Suites right down the street from HoJo. I hope you're taking pics as I want to live vicariously through your 10 year old's eyes & love love love DLAND.

pnwchef

Re:Disneyland LA Restaurant Help Mon, 04/4/11 9:56 PM (permalink)
          stricken_detective

Glad to hear you arrived safe, like your hotel & are having a good time.

We stayed @ Castle Inn & Suites right down the street from HoJo. I hope you're taking pics as I want to live vicariously through your 10 year old's eyes & love love love DLAND.

Then why is seeing Disneyland through my 10 year olds eyes killing my feet........

pnwchef

Re:Disneyland LA Restaurant Help Tue, 04/5/11 9:35 AM (permalink)
            mar52

That garlic sauce/spread is excellent.  I've heard it's made with potatoes.  I'd go with the chicken because I think that the wrap takes away from the flavor.

EdSails, this is a perfect time to meet up.  It should be fun.

Here's a copycat recipe from food.com

Mar, it looks like your spot on with this recipe. My Jordanian cab driver called his wife for the recipe for Garlic spread thats used at ZanKou Chicken. She came up with mashed potatoes, oil, Mayo, lemon, and salt. The only difference is the mayo, my new friend "Nabih" told me his wife always says " Chicken is nothing without Garlic spread" I think I agree. I'm going to make this sauce when I get home, it a easy way to use the left over mashed potatoes in the refer and add a bit of Mayo with the mixture to get the right consistency

pnwchef

Re:Disneyland LA Restaurant Help Tue, 04/5/11 10:08 AM (permalink)
              KanKou Chicken a Lebanese walk up counter restaurant in Anaheim. My wife have the 1/4 white roasted chicken, comes with Hummus, pickles, pita bread, garlic spread. My wife and little girl devoured the chicken and my wife loved the garlic spread. She also had a side salad, but that wasn't the kind of salad she was looking for. I had the Tri-Tip Shawerma wrap, the marinated meat is cook flame broiled like "Gyro Meat" then carved off as needed for each order. The meat was very tender piled on Hot Pita bread with tomatoes and Tahini. This was real good, they wrap it up like a burrito, they should wrap it like a Gyro because Pita bread doesn't wrap well and should be treated gently if you want it to stay together. I rewrapped it so it do well for me, I also added purple onions from my wifes salad and also used so garlic spread. THis restaurant was a lot of fun for us with out 10 year old, it gave her a chance to try a few different kinds of foods............Thanks to EdSails for his recommendation.......pnwc....................Next up the Lebanese Bakery next door to KanKou Chicken

stricken_detective

Re:Disneyland LA Restaurant Help Tue, 04/5/11 10:03 PM (permalink)
                That sounds delicious & I am curious about the garlic sauce. What is the consistency? Tzatziki?

pnwchef

Re:Disneyland LA Restaurant Help Wed, 04/6/11 9:42 AM (permalink)
                  stricken_detective

That sounds delicious & I am curious about the garlic sauce. What is the consistency? Tzatziki?

The sauce is a white sauce but not like Tzatziki sauce. The sauce is used on chicken in the Middle East Countries. I never really thought of using a sauce for roasted chicken, but this one works real well. I'm going to make this sauce when I get back home next week. From what I gather from Mar's recipe post and talking with a Jordanian person that makes it, it's made something like this. Take lemon juice, garlic cloves, salt, make an emulsion by mixing with a steady stream of Canola oil, then add the mashed potatoes and chill for about an hour. If this isn't as smooth are you like I would add Mayo to make it a bit more creamy. I'll know more about this sauce after I make it..............

stricken_detective

Re:Disneyland LA Restaurant Help Wed, 04/6/11 9:42 PM (permalink)
                    Thank you. What did you guys do today?

pnwchef

Re:Disneyland LA Restaurant Help Wed, 04/6/11 11:15 PM (permalink)
                      stricken_detective

Thank you. What did you guys do today?

Hi SD, I hope your doing well today. This trip revolves around Mollie, it's her spring break and she pretty much gets what she wants. She was out late last night with the fire works, so she got a late start to Disneyland and California adventure. It's starting to get cool here, so we spent some time at the pool and water slide at our hotel this afternoon. I took the family to Kings Fish house for a late lunch/dinner. Mollie had Fish & Chips, My wife had Linguini with clam sauce,and I had my favorite Cioppino. Kings isn't a roadfood restaurant but they did a real nice job with great serve, they took real good care of Mollie. ..................I have pictures, but can't post until after 30 days. ...............pnwc

chefbuba

• Total Posts: 1951
                        Re:Disneyland LA Restaurant Help Wed, 04/6/11 11:43 PM (permalink)
                        Are the fire works still at 10pm? I lived near Katella & Euclid in the late 80's and had to listen to that noise while trying to watch tv.

pnwchef

Re:Disneyland LA Restaurant Help Thu, 04/7/11 8:55 AM (permalink)
                          ChefBuba, 9:30PM sounds like a wars going on. The restaurant we went to yesterday was on Katella, just a few blocks from where the Ducks play..................

stricken_detective

Re:Disneyland LA Restaurant Help Thu, 04/7/11 11:21 PM (permalink)
                            Did you guys get your mouse ears yet at the Mad Hatter?

chefbuba, did you also find the remnants from the fireworks on your lawn like Gwen Stefani's family used to?

<message edited by stricken_detective on Thu, 04/7/11 11:23 PM>

pnwchef

Re:Disneyland LA Restaurant Help Tue, 04/12/11 11:59 AM (permalink)
                              mar52

That garlic sauce/spread is excellent.  I've heard it's made with potatoes.  I'd go with the chicken because I think that the wrap takes away from the flavor.

EdSails, this is a perfect time to meet up.  It should be fun.

Here's a copycat recipe from food.com

EdSails and Mar, I made the KanKou Garlic Spread this morning "Not easy tasting a garlic spread at 7Am" but I had to season it with the right amount of salt. I went by a few of the ingredients in this recipe, I used lemon juice not real lemons, I also used olive oil and not Canola oil. I will post some pictures later...........I wanted to make this spread early so it has 6 to 8 hours to chill down to the right consistency. I'm roasting a Chicken later today, I'll let you know how it is.....................pnwc

mar52

Re:Disneyland LA Restaurant Help Tue, 04/12/11 12:15 PM (permalink)
                                Anxious to hear the results!

EdSails

Re:Disneyland LA Restaurant Help Tue, 04/12/11 1:23 PM (permalink)
                                  Looking forward to it!

pnwchef

Re:Disneyland LA Restaurant Help Tue, 04/12/11 7:32 PM (permalink)
                                    Peeled the garlic and put into blender with lemon juice salt and olive oil, blend until smooth..

add the potatoes and mayo ........

this is the finished product, nice smooth spread........
                                    Seasoned potatoes and carrots to serve with the Roast Chicken

seasoned raw chicken ready for the oven...

Cook ready to serve Roasted chicken, potatoes, carrots and onions

The KanKau Garlic spread was good with the chicken, how could garlic and lemon be bad.......I would use real lemons and adjust the lemon flavor as you go. This is a basic old world spread, the countries that make this kind of spread used what they have available. It is a good way to us left over mashed potatoes (like I did) I like having a spread to dip for chicken, this one is easy and works fine..............

mar52

Re:Disneyland LA Restaurant Help Tue, 04/12/11 7:45 PM (permalink)
                                      Excellent!  How is the consistency?

Did you write down your measurements?

Sharing?

pnwchef

Re:Disneyland LA Restaurant Help Tue, 04/12/11 8:02 PM (permalink)
                                        mar52

Excellent!  How is the consistency?

Did you write down your measurements?

Sharing?

Mar, I came real close to the recipe you posted, only using olive oil in place of Canola oil. I also added a good heaping tablespoon of mayo. I think using  real lemons are a good idea, the consistency was right on.....

mar52

Re:Disneyland LA Restaurant Help Tue, 04/12/11 8:42 PM (permalink)
                                          Fabulous!  So is your roasted chicken.

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
                                            Re:Disneyland LA Restaurant Help Tue, 04/12/11 8:52 PM (permalink)
                                            Beautiful!!!

Twinwillow

• Total Posts: 4895
                                              Re:Disneyland LA Restaurant Help Tue, 04/12/11 9:25 PM (permalink)
                                              Michael Hoffman

Is this a great place, or what? So much information and help being offered.

EdSails

Re:Disneyland LA Restaurant Help Wed, 04/13/11 12:41 AM (permalink)
                                                Looks great!

pnwchef

Re:Disneyland LA Restaurant Help Wed, 04/13/11 6:45 PM (permalink)
                                                  We went to King's Seafood Grill a few miles from Disneyland. We started off with a nice crisp tossed green salad.

My Little girl said Papa take a picture of my food and tell a story, a true Roadfood little helper. She had the Fish & Chips and finished the whole basket. Her report was, look at the basket, the food is gone, that says it all.........

My wife had the Linguini with in clam sauce. She loved the sauce, and mopped up the plate with a warm piece of crispy sourdough bread

I had the Cioppino, It was good, offers everything I love in one meal, shrimp, clams, mussels, crab, fish, spicy tomato seafood sauce, garlic bread. They did a good job.

<message edited by PNWCHEF on Wed, 04/13/11 6:47 PM>

mar52

• Location: Marina del Rey, CA
                                                    Re:Disneyland LA Restaurant Help Wed, 04/13/11 9:08 PM (permalink)
                                                    Darn, is my mouth is watering!

Good to see that your little girl is headed in the right direction!

I would have had what you had.  How were the muscles? I've found that muscles served as an integral part of a dish here in the Los Angeles area have a horrible scent and taste.... and I love good muscles.

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17800
                                                      Re:Disneyland LA Restaurant Help Wed, 04/13/11 9:36 PM (permalink)
                                                      Mussels
                                                      Or maybe not.

mar52

Re:Disneyland LA Restaurant Help Wed, 04/13/11 9:38 PM (permalink)
                                                        I can't believe I did that!

Hanging my head in shame.

Mussels!  Mussels!  

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
                                                          • Location: West Allis, Wisconsin
                                                          Re:Disneyland LA Restaurant Help Wed, 04/13/11 9:39 PM (permalink)
                                                          I love good muscles, too.....

mar52

Re:Disneyland LA Restaurant Help Wed, 04/13/11 9:40 PM (permalink)
                                                            Did you notice the flexing?

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 4 of 6, messages 91 to 120 of 164

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com