Distributors in Los Angeles

Author
mattsdeli
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 10
2014/06/11 18:13:46 (permalink)

Distributors in Los Angeles

i've been reading the forums for months now and would first like to say thanks to all for contributing and allowing me to learn from your discussions. i am in the beginning stages of opening my own stand at farmers markets and am in need of a deli provision distributor such as dietz&watson, boar's head, and thumann's. i have contacted them all and am awaiting thumann's reply but the general consesus is that they do not deliver to food vendors even though i will be operating a health department certified stand and out of a health department certified commissary. does anyone know of any deli meat distributors in the los angeles area that i can get in contact with? im looking to purchase franks, bratwurst, pickles, and bulk meats and cheeses to slice.

thanks in advance guys!!

4 Replies Related Threads

EdSails
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4041
    Re:Distributors in Los Angeles 2014/06/11 18:35:55 (permalink)
    mattsdeli

i've been reading the forums for months now and would first like to say thanks to all for contributing and allowing me to learn from your discussions. i am in the beginning stages of opening my own stand at farmers markets and am in need of a deli provision distributor such as dietz&watson, boar's head, and thumann's. i have contacted them all and am awaiting thumann's reply but the general consesus is that they do not deliver to food vendors even though i will be operating a health department certified stand and out of a health department certified commissary. does anyone know of any deli meat distributors in the los angeles area that i can get in contact with? im looking to purchase franks, bratwurst, pickles, and bulk meats and cheeses to slice.

thanks in advance guys!!

Have you tried Restaurant Depot. They have a really nice selection. I was there a month ago and their deli meats were really nice. I was at the Fountain Valley location but it looks like they have several other locations and I'm sure the choices will be the same.

http://www.restaurantdepot.com

This month it looks like their flyer has bulk pastrami, roast beef, ham, mortadella, Italian sausage, capicola, hot dogs, hot links and more. Asiago wheels, provolone loafs----you should do just fine there!

mar52
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7959
    Re:Distributors in Los Angeles 2014/06/13 10:04:56 (permalink)
    Hope you find Thumann's.  I'll be sure to visit!
    mattsdeli
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 10
    Re:Distributors in Los Angeles 2014/06/13 16:17:01 (permalink)
    Still waiting for the word back from thumann's new jersey to give me a distributor contact. fingers crossed.

as for restaurant depot, it looks very promising and the prices are just right!
    thanks for the suggestion, pending thumann's reply i may be stocking up solely at RD, thanks!
    EdSails
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4041
    Re:Distributors in Los Angeles 2014/06/13 17:47:31 (permalink)
    mattsdeli

Still waiting for the word back from thumann's new jersey to give me a distributor contact. fingers crossed.

as for restaurant depot, it looks very promising and the prices are just right!
    thanks for the suggestion, pending thumann's reply i may be stocking up solely at RD, thanks!

You're welcome, let us know when you've got a location!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1