Do Younger People Know The Word Soda Cracker or What It Is

Author
DawnT
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1286
2013/01/13 22:27:54 (permalink)

Do Younger People Know The Word Soda Cracker or What It Is

A few years ago, I got a PM on another board asking me what were soda crackers that I listed as ingredients in a recipe. Turns out, lots of younger folks never heard the term. You only see Saltines anymore on the boxes. Last time I looked, Keebler was still selling round cans with the words "Export Sodas" and some of the latin companies labeled them the same way.

That also got me thinking about the packaging. When I was a kid, they came in embossed metal cans that look like the boxes nowadays with a lid on the end. The crackers where in sheets of four and in several stacks wrapped in wax paper, not in the 1 cracker wax paper tubes like today. When did they stop doing that? They still were that way in the early 70's, but in cardboard boxes. I used to take some in a sandwich tupperware like container for my thermos of soup.

2 Replies Related Threads

CCinNJ
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7778
    Re:Do Younger People Know The Word Soda Cracker or What It Is 2013/01/13 22:39:18 (permalink)
    But for the fact that many tins are found in small markets in the area...I would be a young unknowing person...unaware of the soda crackers.
    ChrisOC
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1042
    Re:Do Younger People Know The Word Soda Cracker or What It Is 2013/01/13 22:41:00 (permalink)
    I remember those four cracker sheets.  Have no idea when they stopped.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1