Do any of you own a corn dog concession stand?

Author
nibiru_3600
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 43
  • Joined: 2003/12/10 19:17:00
  • Location: Bermuda, TX
  • Status: offline
2004/06/24 23:25:14 (permalink)

Do any of you own a corn dog concession stand?

Or have you ever owned one? If so, do you use your own batter or the batter from a corn dog company? Also, do you use regular hot dogs or some other type of sausage? I want to sell them at a local fair but so far they haven’t been turning out that great. I’ve used regular hot dogs and have practicing in my own kitchen using homemade batters. But no luck so far. If it doesn’t go well I wont sell them period. Maybe you guys can help me out. Thanks.

Oh, some other guys are selling regular hot dogs anyway, so that's out. I want to do something original.
#1

7 Replies Related Threads

    Theedge
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1196
    • Joined: 2003/11/16 14:10:00
    • Status: offline
    RE: Do any of you own a corn dog concession stand? 2004/06/25 07:12:01 (permalink)
    My brother worked in fairs for several summers. One of the stands he worked in was the pronto-pup stand. In my opinion they make the best batter. You can check them out at www.prontopup.net.

    Tony
    #2
    chicagostyledog
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3308
    • Joined: 2003/09/10 16:13:00
    • Location: Hot Dog University Chicago, IL
    • Status: offline
    RE: Do any of you own a corn dog concession stand? 2004/06/25 09:34:27 (permalink)
    A delicious carnival favorite, the Vienna Beef Corn Dog features an all-beef Vienna Frank dipped in whole grain, stone-ground corn meal batter, pre-fried crispy and golden, then refrigerated. They're also available is a unique Polish sausage variety. To serve them for retail sales, Vienna Corn Dogs can be heated in a conventional oven uncovered for 10-15 minutes at 375 F or deep fried for 3-4 minutes at 350 F. They're 3.25oz/dog and 24/case, sold commercially to hot dog stands, restaurants, and vendors. Call 1-800-FONDOGS for info.
    #3
    nibiru_3600
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 43
    • Joined: 2003/12/10 19:17:00
    • Location: Bermuda, TX
    • Status: offline
    RE: Do any of you own a corn dog concession stand? 2004/06/25 15:51:04 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by chicagostyledog

    A delicious carnival favorite, the Vienna Beef Corn Dog features an all-beef Vienna Frank dipped in whole grain, stone-ground corn meal batter, pre-fried crispy and golden, then refrigerated. They're also available is a unique Polish sausage variety. To serve them for retail sales, Vienna Corn Dogs can be heated in a conventional oven uncovered for 10-15 minutes at 375 F or deep fried for 3-4 minutes at 350 F. They're 3.25oz/dog and 24/case, sold commercially to hot dog stands, restaurants, and vendors. Call 1-800-FONDOGS for info.
    Thank you chicago. I really appreciate it.
    #4
    nibiru_3600
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 43
    • Joined: 2003/12/10 19:17:00
    • Location: Bermuda, TX
    • Status: offline
    RE: Do any of you own a corn dog concession stand? 2004/06/25 22:14:07 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Theedge

    My brother worked in fairs for several summers. One of the stands he worked in was the pronto-pup stand. In my opinion they make the best batter. You can check them out at www.prontopup.net.

    Tony
    Thank you too Tony.
    #5
    kdiammond
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 133
    • Joined: 2003/02/28 21:12:00
    • Location: McLean, VA
    • Status: offline
    RE: Do any of you own a corn dog concession stand? 2004/06/25 22:17:19 (permalink)
    Had a corn dog recently at a fair that had a sweet hot jalepeno sauce put on it. Really enjoyed that one. Maybe you could add a few rather thick sauces or dips too?
    #6
    Pwingsx
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2170
    • Joined: 2003/05/15 17:58:00
    • Location: Somewhere in time...and Colorado
    • Status: offline
    RE: Do any of you own a corn dog concession stand? 2004/06/26 01:20:11 (permalink)
    Sorry, Nibiru, I can't help you with the corn dogs, but I would like to welcome you back to our orbit. Nice to see you again -- been a long long time.
    #7
    nibiru_3600
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 43
    • Joined: 2003/12/10 19:17:00
    • Location: Bermuda, TX
    • Status: offline
    RE: Do any of you own a corn dog concession stand? 2004/06/27 22:00:33 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by kdiammond

    Had a corn dog recently at a fair that had a sweet hot jalepeno sauce put on it. Really enjoyed that one. Maybe you could add a few rather thick sauces or dips too?
    Good idea. I experimented with more corn dogs today though. Sadly, everytime I try them my enthusiasm wanes more and more.Glad to be back Pwingsx.
    #8
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1