Do you eat inside fast food restaurants?

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
RibRater
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1862
2007/09/15 05:57:38 (permalink)

Do you eat inside fast food restaurants?

I don't.

I don't eat much fastfood to begin with (popeyes being the primary exception) but when I do I never eat there...haven't since I was 16 and working at a fastfood joint. When my kids were very young, I would sit with them while they ate some fries and played at the playland but I wouldn't eat.

I find it odd/weird when I see people sitting in a fastfood joint eating. I don't know why and I'm sure this is a normal practice for many people.

Even when I'm traveling with the crew and need a bathroom/drink break..if we grab a quick bite to eat I'd rather stand outside by the car and eat then sit in the restaurant. I guess if I was honest about it, in my own odd way of thinking, it's the same reason I won't eat at a buffet unless I'm the first person there...it's the germ thing.

Do me a favor and 'fess up so I don't have to seek counseling

32 Replies Related Threads

enginecapt
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3486
    RE: Do you eat inside fast food restaurants? 2007/09/15 06:36:42 (permalink)
    Only one: The Farmer Boys down the street. It's clean, they bring the food to your table, refill your coffee, and the food's good.

But 85% of the time I hit the drive-through and take it home.

If I'm on the road I do everything in my power, including using Roadfood.com, to pre-plan my food stops so that I avoid fast food.
    Jimeats
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3175
    RE: Do you eat inside fast food restaurants? 2007/09/15 06:42:00 (permalink)
    Clue me in here. If your that much of a germaphobic you would expose your own kids to this but protect yourself?
    I just don't understand. You do need counseling now before the grandkids come along. Chow Jim
    RibRater
    • Total Posts : 1862
    RE: Do you eat inside fast food restaurants? 2007/09/15 06:57:39 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Jimeats

Clue me in here. If your that much of a germaphobic you would expose your own kids to this but protect yourself?
    I just don't understand. You do need counseling now before the grandkids come along. Chow Jim

I didn't think about the germs reason back then Jim...I just didn't eat there. I don't know if the germs issue was in the back of my mind or not but it certainly wasn't on the front.

Grandkids? It better be years before I even have to think about that...you won't mind of I skip the counseling and just teach them good habits would you? (cleanliness is next to godliness and all that..)

(howie mandell lives in a different house when one of his kids gets sick...and you think I need counseling )

regardless of how I feel about germs, eating at a fastfood joint is still odd to me.
    mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15335
    RE: Do you eat inside fast food restaurants? 2007/09/15 12:46:20 (permalink)

Individual circumstances govern our decision about 'eat-in or take-out'. We use the Culver's in nearby Corydon as a lunch break when running errands in that area. I prefer to sit down and eat at their table rather than haul the food around to a parking lot somewhere. Culvers is high on the point scale for cleanliness. I have yet to stop at one that wasn't maintained very well. Out West we like the Farmer Boys also. Since the one we usually stop at (Miliken Ave near ONT) is located next to a major rail line, eating at their outdoor picnic tables is a double treat for me.
    Most other chains are drive-thru targets for me.
    John A
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4295
    RE: Do you eat inside fast food restaurants? 2007/09/15 14:00:55 (permalink)
    It's been my experience that the majority of the fast food places are cleaner than the locally owned places. The citing of eateries by the health department published in the newspaper bears that out.
    Davydd
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6430
    RE: Do you eat inside fast food restaurants? 2007/09/15 14:09:11 (permalink)
    We will sit down and eat at a Culvers. Culver's is the nearest fast food restaurant to our house and like the Mayor actually don't mind going there. When on the road we often stop for coffee at a McDonalds on the interstates (what else is there?) and always go inside to order it mainly because our 9'-6" high campervan will not fit under the 9'-0" drive up canopy that McDonalds designs. Other than that we generally avoid fast food joints in anticipation of road food adventure. But I agree with John A. On the average most corporate fast food joints are much cleaner than local independents.
    felix4067
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3653
    RE: Do you eat inside fast food restaurants? 2007/09/15 18:03:30 (permalink)
    Depends on if I'm in a hurry or if we're just there because it's cheap and convenient. About 99% of the time I get fast food I'm eating while driving to work, so no. But my SO and I will go in and sit down rather than dealing with them being able to figure out two orders in the drive through. As to why we don't go in and order take-out, we figure we've already made the effort to walk in, we might as well eat while it's still hot.

They wipe down the tables every time someone leaves or every 20 minutes or so, whichever comes first. I'm not fussed about germs.
    Rt66Mike
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 155
    RE: Do you eat inside fast food restaurants? 2007/09/15 21:42:08 (permalink)
    99% of the time, I go through the drive thru and eat it in my car on the parking lot on my lunch hour.

Fast food joints tend to be full of screaming kids, and that usually doesn't do much for the enjoyment of my meal.

About the only time I eat in at a FF place is sometimes early on a Sunday morning, I will get breakfast at McDonalds, read the Sunday paper while glancing over at the Sunday Morning news shows on one of their LCD TVs.
    stricken_detective
    • Total Posts : 2346
    RE: Do you eat inside fast food restaurants? 2007/09/16 02:09:07 (permalink)
    I never do unless I'm with my mother. And sometimes with my grandpa in Sheboygan. They both enjoy "going out to eat" and my mother hates hates HATES the drive thru. Hates. I hate wasting my time eating in the dining room, and she hates trying to eat while driving. She usually wins. She enjoys people (ie, the other people in line, the cashier, the person putting the food on our tray) and talking to them, and she enjoys sitting down to eat.

Since I am perpetually late, I usually cruise through the drive thru.
    bbqjimbob
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 428
    RE: Do you eat inside fast food restaurants? 2007/09/16 02:43:21 (permalink)
    I don't eat fast food very often, but when I do, it's always the drive-thru. I cannot remember the last time I ate inside a fast food establishment.
    Nancypalooza
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3778
    RE: Do you eat inside fast food restaurants? 2007/09/16 09:24:26 (permalink)
    It depends on what I get. It's almost never one of the normal chains, but we have a couple of local chain burger-chicken-shake places (Rush's and Zesto's) where I'll eat about once a month or so, and if I'm getting fries I go in, because I don't like them to get cold. Not that I won't still eat them (/me pats belly) but I like them hot so I go in.
    desertdog
    • Total Posts : 1946
    RE: Do you eat inside fast food restaurants? 2007/09/16 09:46:25 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by bbqjimbob

I don't eat fast food very often, but when I do, it's always the drive-thru. I cannot remember the last time I ate inside a fast food establishment.

Same with me.....I will however, go in and get something to go.

It amazes me sometimes when I see people sitting in the drive thru line that is a mile long, and inside there is no waiting.

Are we so lazy these days that we can't park and take a few steps inside to order?

DD

CajunKing
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6559
    RE: Do you eat inside fast food restaurants? 2007/09/16 15:44:40 (permalink)
    FF is to go for me

I eat inside our local Frisch's after every Lions meeting, but that is more socializing with the guys than eating FF.

When traveling if I don't have a RF place picked out, then it is FF for a bathroom stop and food to go.

I have found that most of the McD's have fairly clean restrooms.
    Davydd
    Sirloin
    RE: Do you eat inside fast food restaurants? 2007/09/16 15:52:10 (permalink)
    When you retire aren't you supposed to go to McDonalds every morning and meet with the boys and have a coffee and a Danish? :::haven't done it yet:::
    Nancypalooza
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3778
    RE: Do you eat inside fast food restaurants? 2007/09/16 16:33:29 (permalink)
    You're too busy having those to-die-for breakfasts and taking the pretty, pretty pictures Davydd.
    Davydd
    Sirloin
    RE: Do you eat inside fast food restaurants? 2007/09/16 17:54:23 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Nancypalooza

You're too busy having those to-die-for breakfasts and taking the pretty, pretty pictures Davydd.

The Minnesota Northern Exposure Tour Number 3 this year begins on Wednesday.
    Tedbear
    • Total Posts : 1832
    RE: Do you eat inside fast food restaurants? 2007/09/16 18:05:00 (permalink)
    [quote Are we so lazy these days that we can't park and take a few steps inside to order? DD

I think that merely glancing at the width of the butts of the majority of the patrons should give you a pretty good indication that--YES, many people are indeed too lazy to park and take a few steps inside to order. Isn't that a sad commentary on life in these times?

Besides making their butt wider each time that they opt to sit on it rather than walk, these people are also wasting an incredible amount of gasoline and are also adding unnecessarily to the pollution of the air. All because of laziness!
    Davydd
    Sirloin
    RE: Do you eat inside fast food restaurants? 2007/09/16 18:18:10 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Tedbear
    Besides making their butt wider each time that they opt to sit on it rather than walk, these people are also wasting an incredible amount of gasoline and are also adding unnecessarily to the pollution of the air. All because of laziness!

What does this have to do with eating inside or eating in your car or taking fast food home? Like 20 additional steps are going to give you exercise? Keep in mind most road food aficionados here are not exactly a svelte bunch. They like their food. And I expect many expend a lot on gasoline seeking out good road food stops. That is kind of what this whole forum is all about. But not me. I expend diesel and I took a 5 mile walk this morning in the Minnesota Arboretum so I could pig out today.
    ces1948
    • Total Posts : 1512
    RE: Do you eat inside fast food restaurants? 2007/09/16 19:44:19 (permalink)
    I guess I'm completely the opposite. I eat in the restaurant 99% of the time. In fact one of the reasons I hardly ever eat at Sonic is because they have no inside dining. I really hate to eat in the car.
    Greymo
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3756
    RE: Do you eat inside fast food restaurants? 2007/09/16 20:50:30 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Tedbear

[quote Are we so lazy these days that we can't park and take a few steps inside to order? DD

I think that merely glancing at the width of the butts of the majority of the patrons should give you a pretty good indication that--YES, many people are indeed too lazy to park and take a few steps inside to order. Isn't that a sad commentary on life in these times?

This is one of the funniest things that I have ever read. You really have no idea of how people are different.

First of all, how in hell can you deternime the size of a person's butt by seeing them go through a drive thru?

Something that you may have not thought about is e that a handicapped person finds it far more convenient to not have to get out of their car. For example, why in heck would anyone take a wheelchair bound person into a fast food place when they can go through drive-thru?

Fast food is not a great dining experience; it is for convenience and that is how most people take advantage of it.

It has nothing to do with someone having a fat ass or being lazy.[
    drpep
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 335
    RE: Do you eat inside fast food restaurants? 2007/09/16 21:32:15 (permalink)
    "It amazes me sometimes when I see people sitting in the drive thru line that is a mile long, and inside there is no waiting." (from desterdog's post)

Twice this month I hit the local Wendys for lunch and found the line inside way too long. I got back in the car and went thru the empty drive thru, got my order, parked, went inside and sat down while the person who entered ahead of me still had not placed an order
    Tedbear
    RE: Do you eat inside fast food restaurants? 2007/09/17 05:13:55 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by drpep

"It amazes me sometimes when I see people sitting in the drive thru line that is a mile long, and inside there is no waiting." (from desterdog's post)

Twice this month I hit the local Wendys for lunch and found the line inside way too long. I got back in the car and went thru the empty drive thru, got my order, parked, went inside and sat down while the person who entered ahead of me still had not placed an order

Frequently, the opposite is true. For instance, at the bank, I can go inside, take care of my transaction, and find that the six cars that were on line when I went inside are still idling outside. A drive-up at a FF restaurant usually moves faster than one at a bank, but it can still be more efficient to get out of one's car and go inside than to sit idling in line outside.
    lostnthemail
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 427
    RE: Do you eat inside fast food restaurants? 2007/09/17 07:31:29 (permalink)
    Don't eat fast food very often, but did last night. Walked my large butt into Popeye's and had the red beans & rice. Don't think that walk offset my calories, but hubby doesn't like to eat & ride. And once I got in there I noticed the extra tender for 99 cents & the apple pie. Passed on the pie, but I did enjoy a tender. Oops, butt was bigger leaving than coming.
    tamandmik
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 949
    RE: Do you eat inside fast food restaurants? 2007/09/17 09:23:47 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by John A

It's been my experience that the majority of the fast food places are cleaner than the locally owned places. The citing of eateries by the health department published in the newspaper bears that out.

Not inside, outside, or anywhere else. That said, when it comes to hygiene and cleanliness, since most of these places are franchised, I think it comes down to individual ownership when it comes to maintenance and upkeep. When I used to go to these places, there was a wide variance in how well a place appeared to look. When I used to go to these places, I always looked at the restrooms as a gauge on how clean the place might be. The employees, by and large, use the same restrooms, and they are the ones handling and preparing the food.
    zataar
    • Total Posts : 1440
    RE: Do you eat inside fast food restaurants? 2007/09/17 09:47:44 (permalink)
    My biggest reason for not eating inside a fast food place is the ugliness factor. Yes, I know it's all in the eye of the beholder,but all that plastic and hideous color does not make for a pleasant dining experience. And the graphic design, all of those crappy photos and typography, and the hanging signs. The lighting is usually hideous as well. That being said, I sure do miss In and Out!
    HollyDolly
    • Total Posts : 1077
    RE: Do you eat inside fast food restaurants? 2007/09/17 10:25:05 (permalink)
    I confess,I do eat in one on occassion.Today,If I go to Pets Mart in the Forum to buy canned catfood,I may stop at Chic Fila or Wendy's and get it to go,and take it back to work to eat it.
    But on a Saturday, or Sunday,and get something to eat,I will eat inside since I'm not rushed.
    Also,in all the road trips we made over the years,we always ate in the fast food place,unless we went to some place that was a drive in, and then we ate in the car.
    Tedbear
    RE: Do you eat inside fast food restaurants? 2007/09/17 10:29:34 (permalink)

Currently, there is a commercial (for Subway, perhaps?) that parodies fast food places and the caloric content of their menu offerings. Two women in the commercial ask another office worker to get them the "Can my butt possibly get any bigger meal", and one of the men in the office asks for the "Please keep your shirt on meal".

While sitting in the drive-up line for this stuff doesn't help, the obvious problem is the menu offerings themselves, portion sizes, and lack of self-control on the part of some customers.
    KOK
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 333
    RE: Do you eat inside fast food restaurants? 2007/09/17 11:19:22 (permalink)
    As Joe Pesci noted in one of the Lethal Weapon movies: "You always get f#&%ed at the drive-thru"

I usually go to the drive thru except for Popeye's. There is ALWAYS a problem of some sort at Popeye's for me, regardless of location, so I only go there when I have the time to eat in and ensure it's hot and fresh.

Thanks,

Kevin
    buffetbuster
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10516
    RE: Do you eat inside fast food restaurants? 2007/09/17 11:42:50 (permalink)
    Like KOK and Mr. Pesci said, I never go through the drive-thru. Too many times of getting my food and it is completely wrong.
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1