Do you flour your Scrapple first?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
SeeTheUSA
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 12
Re:Do you flour your Scrapple first? 2011/03/18 13:55:19 (permalink)
Phishmonger

By golly, this brings me back to my teen years, when my "Uncle Bill", my widowed Mom's second husband came into our lives. A native of PA,, he brought a love of Scrapple to our table. At first, I was leary, but quickly became a convert. Haven't had any in at least 50 years. I've gotta go out to the local markets and see if I can find some. I'll fry it neat, and have with maple syrup and eggs over easy for breakfast till it's all gone! Can't say any more...must hurry out to hunt for it. Wish me luck. Bye.

Phishmonger,
   Saw your note about the scrapple and you were going to try to find some. Hope you made out OK.....  if you didn't however I did some surfing on the net and found that
certain (maybe not all) locations of the following food marts in Connecticut might carry
FROZEN SCRAPPLE (well, it comes out on locator as  SCRAPPLE, frozen)...anyway, let
me know how you make out if  SCRAPPLEQUEST 2011  (GRIN)......
stores"
Stop and Shop, Geissler's, C&S distributors, Lozzuto's (spelling?)

Take Care,
SeeTheUSA

agnesrob
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1790
Re:Do you flour your Scrapple first? 2011/03/20 07:49:48 (permalink)
Phishmonger

By golly, this brings me back to my teen years, when my "Uncle Bill", my widowed Mom's second husband came into our lives. A native of PA,, he brought a love of Scrapple to our table. At first, I was leary, but quickly became a convert. Haven't had any in at least 50 years. I've gotta go out to the local markets and see if I can find some. I'll fry it neat, and have with maple syrup and eggs over easy for breakfast till it's all gone! Can't say any more...must hurry out to hunt for it. Wish me luck. Bye.

Check your freezer section. For years I've been able to get only frozen, Parks(OK) or Jones(better) where they keep frozen breakfast sausage. I then found frozen Hatfield's( really good) at a local butcher.
Just a couple of month's ago at my local Shop rite I found Dietz & Watson scrapple(not frozen) in the section where they keep bacon & taylor ham. It's really good! Nice not to have to partially defrost to slice. Good luck in your search.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1