Do you share your own recipes?

Author
mar52
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 7981
2011/07/01 10:48:30 (permalink)

Do you share your own recipes?

Generally I do.

Many years ago I was asked to make several dishes for a friend's brother's wedding reception that was going to be held in the Rec room of her mother's apartment...  plastic wine glasses and all.

I had won a contest with a weird concoction I had made so I included it in what I made....  curried egg salad.

The contest was put on my the Underwood people and it was a hit at the wedding.

Anyway a few days after the reception my friend tells me that her mother would like the recipe because she told one of the guests that she made it.

Normally I would have but...  her mother said she made it???
Well I did give her the recipe, but somehow I forgot to mention the magic Underwood ingredient that pulled the entire dish together.

It was normal egg salad with a can or more depending on how much you make with Madras curry powder and Underwood Deviled Chicken stirred in and topped with crushed peanuts.  See...  I told you weird, but somehow it works.

So, do you share?

3 Replies Related Threads

TomatoMustard
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 25
    Re:Do you share your own recipes? 2011/07/01 10:51:08 (permalink)
    I share all of mine because I'm proud of them. I'm a musician and I know that when I write music that any chord progression I come up with has been done before.. I feel the same way about food. I'm not really creating anything new; maybe just a twist on a classic.

I don't blame you, though, for not sharing. I think it's a personal choice.
    felix4067
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3515
    Re:Do you share your own recipes? 2011/07/01 12:58:03 (permalink)
    Absolutely! Not necessarily with all people, but I share pretty much everything. In fact, the last few years a money has gotten tighter my standard wedding gift has become a three-ring binder with my recipes in plastic sleeves. As time goes on, the binders keep getting bigger. I cook a LOT.

I have been known to do exactly what you did, though, in the case of obnoxious people. And if I give away a recipe I make sure I include a "From the kitchen of" notation. Not that they can't re-copy it and claim it as their own, but it makes me feel better.
    mar52
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7981
    Re:Do you share your own recipes? 2011/07/01 14:20:18 (permalink)
    I give a similar gift...

All of my recipes and those of probably close to a thousand others are on my computer.  I put them on a memory stick and wrap that up as one of my gifts.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1