Does anybody buy foodtruck parts from Pacific Cater Truck?

Author
Vic Cardenas
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 177
2012/02/22 00:13:38 (permalink)

Does anybody buy foodtruck parts from Pacific Cater Truck?

I need to find another parts go-to person. I've been doing business with AA cater truck but I feel their customer service is lacking as far as me asking technical questions. I found Pacific and they sell a lot of the parts I need. I sent them a few emails and got no response. I'll call them tomorrow but I'm just wondering if anybody deals with them, or could recommend a website that sells general "purpose built" food truck parts?

6 Replies Related Threads

Dr of BBQ
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3716
    Re:Does anybody buy foodtruck parts from Pacific Cater Truck? 2012/02/22 00:45:43 (permalink)
    Do a search here (top of the page) for food truck Links. You'll find several listed.
    chefbuba
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2052
    Re:Does anybody buy foodtruck parts from Pacific Cater Truck? 2012/02/22 01:54:01 (permalink)
    I used to have trucks serviced at Pacific that were built by them. That was several years ago though.......
    What kind of parts are you looking for? There are lots of parts that are made in house.....all to custom size.
    Shoot me some questions, I worked movie trucks for many years, built like your taco truck, but on steroids......many of the same parts and construction methods.
    Vic Cardenas
    Cheeseburger
    Re:Does anybody buy foodtruck parts from Pacific Cater Truck? 2012/02/22 11:26:29 (permalink)
    chefbuba

I used to have trucks serviced at Pacific that were built by them. That was several years ago though.......
    What kind of parts are you looking for? There are lots of parts that are made in house.....all to custom size.
    Shoot me some questions, I worked movie trucks for many years, built like your taco truck, but on steroids......many of the same parts and construction methods.

Hey great, how were they as far as technical knowledge of their own parts? That's the problem I'm having with AA.
    I need to buy all the refrigerator components except for the cold plate. Plus I bought some fryer controls and my fryer is just shooting out dinky little flames. I need to figure out if it was the right stuff. Pacific, I noticed sells the exact same controls I bought from AA listed on their website. And they have slightly better 'specs' as the description on their fridge parts.  And I need other random stuff like fridge door latches, etc...

Dr of BBQ

Do a search here (top of the page) for food truck Links. You'll find several listed.

I figured you'd come in this thread and say "do a search". I already did. I found your thread titled 'Food Truck Parts and supplys'. It lists lunchtruckparts . com. Which seems to be a terrible website that rarely works for me. And Armenco, they don't even have parts listed on their website. I'd find that difficult to describe parts that I'd need to order that I don't know the name of. Then you have Mill Supply, which is a great company! But they only sell parts pertaining to the body and mechanicals of the stepvan.

I found your thread titled 'Food Truck Links'. That thread lists many websites with news, blogs and personal websites. No parts.

Perhaps we can expand on your thread now?

DWags541
    Cheeseburger
    Re:Does anybody buy foodtruck parts from Pacific Cater Truck? 2012/02/26 02:26:47 (permalink)
    Vic, I am considering Pacific Cater Truck as well, for many of the reasons you stated with using other sites. I'd be curious to know what kind of customer service you get and how your experience it.

-Dave

Vic Cardenas
    Cheeseburger
    Re:Does anybody buy foodtruck parts from Pacific Cater Truck? 2012/02/26 14:38:01 (permalink)
    I'll let you know. I sent a few emails through their inquiry form on the website. I got no response. I called them a few days after that and talked to Zhorzh. He seems like a really nice guy. He said the website forms might not be working because he never saw anything, but was glad I told him about it so he can fix it.  He suggested I send an email to pacificcater@sbcglobal (dot) net. I got the pricing for about 20 parts I need but I asked him several technical questions, mostly about the refrigeration parts, I've yet to hear back from him, but it's only been two working days. I'll call him tomorrow to see about that stuff. I'm sure he gets busy about this time of year so it's understandable.
    DWags541
    Cheeseburger
    Re:Does anybody buy foodtruck parts from Pacific Cater Truck? 2012/02/26 16:54:23 (permalink)
    Thanks for that info Vic!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1