Does anyone like Quiznos?

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
zdawg
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 2
RE: Does anyone like Quiznos? 2006/06/03 08:04:33 (permalink)
Quiznos is alright,primerib sub actually has taste.
BhamBabe
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 879
RE: Does anyone like Quiznos? 2006/06/03 23:10:38 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by RC51Mike

I don't think I'll ever know. I still can't get past those singing rat things in the last ad campaign. I have it in my mind that's what is in the sandwiches.

I agree! Those things were nasty looking. They actually have a name, spongmonkeys. How gross is that?

I've only eaten there once. They were very skimpy on everything, more tough bread than anything.

I prefer Firehouse Subs. My favorite is the Hook and Ladder, smoked turkey breast and virginia honey ham smothered with monterey jack fully involved. Man, those are so good! Bread is fresh, many different kinds to pick from, meat is real meat, so packed I can't even eat half of a 6 inch. Cleanest ff place I've ever eaten at. All decorated with Firehouse stuff. They are expanding quickly so hopefully more folks will get to try them.
Adjudicator
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5065
RE: Does anyone like Quiznos? 2006/06/04 07:17:46 (permalink)
Firehouse is indeed good, however I have noticed they are a bit stingy on the meat at times. Also, STAY AWAY from their meatball sub -- tastes like Chef Boyardee meatballs (oops, how would I know THAT...)

http://www.firehousesubs.com/index.cfm
porkbeaks
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2215
RE: Does anyone like Quiznos? 2006/06/05 15:45:11 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Parses6

quote:
Originally posted by Adjudicator

Firehouse is indeed good, however I have noticed they are a bit stingy on the meat at times. Also, STAY AWAY from their meatball sub -- tastes like Chef Boyardee meatballs (oops, how would I know THAT...)

I actually like the Chef's meatballs. I always have a can around for a late night snack

Why am I not surprised? pb
Adjudicator
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5065
RE: Does anyone like Quiznos? 2006/06/05 19:23:24 (permalink)
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by porkbeaks

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Adjudicator

I actually like the Chef's meatballs. I always have a can around for a late night snack

Why am I not surprised? pb

uhh because I have love Chef Boyardee spaghetti and meatballs since I was akid and the taste has stuck with me??

GOOD FOR YOU. The Firehouse meatball sub becons. It is quite tasty (IMO), until you slice into a meat?ball. The gag relflex got me the first time, though.
salsailsa
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 405
RE: Does anyone like Quiznos? 2006/06/05 21:16:57 (permalink)
Back to the original question- Do I like Quiznos?

To quote my old man "It was not memorable."
stricken_detective
  • Total Posts : 2330
RE: Does anyone like Quiznos? 2006/06/05 23:50:11 (permalink)
Yes, I have been to Quizno's. I don't like the toasting of the bread at all. I would get the turkey bacon guac. There is enough salt in this food to choke a horse.

Now they've got Subway asking if I want my sandwich toasted. You can't toast spinach leaves, morons!!!
Pat T Hat
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 968
RE: Does anyone like Quiznos? 2006/06/06 01:05:28 (permalink)
I have never been there. I won't go there! The commercials I see make them look soooooooo delicious! They have the absolute best looking sandwiches on the tube. I know I will be sorely disappointed! Would'nt it be great if the tv spots showed the food as we actually get it! I'm getting to old (and cranky) for my high visual expectations to be busted. If you can't fill that expectation don't give me one! Show me a spot with a guy dusting it off after he drops it on the floor, I'll try it. It's like going to see a great masterpiece and noticing numbers under the paint. Then discovering they could'nt even stay within the lines. Next time you go tell them it has to look like the picture in the commercial or you'll keep sending it back till it does . Warning!!! Don't try this if your really hungry or short on time!
offlady
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 343
RE: Does anyone like Quiznos? 2006/06/27 22:13:40 (permalink)
I tried Quiznos once, and won't go back. It didn't taste good and it was way overpriced. The commercials made it look so good so it was a disappointment.
mar52
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 7770
RE: Does anyone like Quiznos? 2006/06/28 00:46:55 (permalink)
I finally tried Quiznos and kept asking myself....

If a restaurant serves mainly sandwiches, shouldn't the bread be good?

It had no taste and the texture was off.

Not going back.

Give me Subway.
AndreaB
  • Total Posts : 1303
RE: Does anyone like Quiznos? 2006/06/28 04:47:46 (permalink)
I don't know why they have those singing rat things. I find it disgusting and it makes me think of filth. I'll stick with Subway when I'm pressed for time and want a sub.

Andrea
roossy90
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6695
RE: Does anyone like Quiznos? 2006/06/29 02:23:14 (permalink)
Still NO,.. They suck.
roadrash
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 231
RE: Does anyone like Quiznos? 2006/06/29 12:25:15 (permalink)
I don't like any of the chain "deli" places, quite honestly. None of them come close to the real deal, in my opinion.
WVHillbilly
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 406
RE: Does anyone like Quiznos? 2006/06/29 14:40:59 (permalink)
Been there, didn't like it.
I really like sandwiches. NY Deli sandwiches are my favorite.
Quisnos is crap on a bun. They put a bunch of salty spicey sauces on their product, make a big deal of toasting it and people wallow in their sub standard fodder.
I'd rather go down to the local Go-Mart convenience store and get a Blimpies.
Big Ugly Mich
  • Total Posts : 1302
RE: Does anyone like Quiznos? 2006/07/08 02:49:28 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by TJ JacksonThanks for the clarification.

I remain happy to hear that any given restaraunt can be accurately described by a single word. I've never been able to do that, but hey, I guess you're just a better man than me.

I never saw a one word description of a GOOD restaurant here.
Big Ugly Mich
  • Total Posts : 1302
RE: Does anyone like Quiznos? 2006/07/08 02:59:56 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by WVHillbillyI'd rather go down to the local Go-Mart convenience store and get a Blimpies.

Blimpies is like Subway except the bread is drier and less flavorful.

And one of the Subways in town serves fruit smoothies. MAY JOR YUM!!!
propertydamage
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 18
RE: Does anyone like Quiznos? 2006/07/15 20:23:38 (permalink)
If you know what is good for you you will stay out of Quiznos - I have tried 3 different locations on three different occessions - their sandwiches were awlful! The taste was just plain weird almost chemically. All three times. I will never try them again. As a side bar a number of them that have opened up in the Pittsburgh area do not appear as though they are doing much business.
DamnTheCowboys
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 69
RE: Does anyone like Quiznos? 2006/07/16 16:16:32 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Big Ugly Mich

quote:
Originally posted by WVHillbillyI'd rather go down to the local Go-Mart convenience store and get a Blimpies.

Blimpies is like Subway except the bread is drier and less flavorful.

But in credit to Blimpies, they DO give you plenty of meat, whereas Subway gives you nothing.

Quizno's is as overrated as it gets, but you may want to try the prime rib sub with a side of salt & vinegar chips

Scorereader
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5546
RE: Does anyone like Quiznos? 2006/07/17 13:23:26 (permalink)
Ok, some backround before the Quiznos details:
last Tuesday I went to Oyamel Cocina in Crystal City VA. Oyamel Concina serves authentic regional Mexican fare by chef José Andrés. It's served kind of like tapas style, in that you get small portions and can try lots of dishes. There's no "combination plate" at Oyamel.
At lunch, there are specials. For $10 inlcuding tip (Rachel Rae would be PROUD!) I got three hand sized tacos (5.95), a side of beans and rice (1.50) and water (0.00). It was absolutely delicious.
I tell you this, because my office just moved to Crystal City, VA so our office is checking out all the new restaurants there are.

The next day, my buddy and I decide to eat "cheap and easy" and go to Chipotle. The line was so long, it would've killed our entire lunch hour just waiting for a burrito, so we went to Quiznos, where the line was very short.
I got the pastrami, with chips and a medium fountain soda. The total= $10.88.
The quality was very poor. The meat looked good, but tasted...almost synthetic. The bread was mediocre at best. The toasting of the bread almost makes it drier and too crumbly. My buddy was also very disappointed. Not only were we quite blase about the food, we didn't feel it was a good value. Even though the quantity of food was greater than at Oyamel, the quality was so poor, we both felt we had a better value at Oyamel.
So, we'll never go back to Quiznos. I do occasionaly go to Taco Hell and McD's, and and even more rarely to Subway, but I know for sure, I won't be entering the doors of a Quiznos ever again. And I doubt I'll hit Subway again, unless it's the only sandwich shop on the highway.

In fact, the best tasting sandwhich I can remember at a fast food joint in recent memory, was Arby's Market Fresh Sandwich.

roossy90
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6695
RE: Does anyone like Quiznos? 2006/07/17 15:19:07 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Scorereader

In fact, the best tasting sandwhich I can remember at a fast food joint in recent memory, was Arby's Market Fresh Sandwich.

Scorereader,
I agree with you here.
I just had (for the first time) a Corned Beef Rueben at Arbys.
I was so surprised at how decent it was..
I am assuming those are all made to order. Bread was lightly steamed, and not too much dressing on it.. All in all, I would get another one.
Wallyum
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 627
RE: Does anyone like Quiznos? 2006/07/17 16:37:25 (permalink)
I'll admit that I was quite impressed with Quizno's when they were new to the Cincinnati area. On several occasions we drove out of our way to visit one of the stores, which back then were few and far between. I liked the pepper bar and they had one sandwich that I really enjoyed when it was loaded with pepper rings and the "Batch ??" sauce that they have with the pepper bar. After a long wait they finally opened one closer to home in a restaurant starved section of our county. This place would have been a monster if it had been run right, but the few times we tried it we found it dirty and the staff indifferent at best; stupid at worst. It wound up closing after barely a year, and the owners had the nerve to post a sign on the door that made it sound like it was the fault of the customers, not a quality issue. Since that experience we've stopped in at other locations from time to time, but the bloom is off the rose now. Quizno's is no better than average these days, a possibility for lunch in a pinch, but definitely not something to drive out of your way for. Maybe they were just seeking their natural level.
HollyDolly
  • Total Posts : 1069
RE: Does anyone like Quiznos? 2006/09/21 16:24:49 (permalink)
There are a couple by me.One in Universal City and one in Schertz up next to the new Walmart.I have a coupon so i may try them.And you are right,they are more expensive than Subway.Haven't tried the Firehouse Subs in the Olympia Forum next door to EZ's Brick Oven Grill.EZ's is a local San Antonio chain that serves,nachos,hamburgers, roast chicken,bean burgers,fries,onions,salads,well you get the idea.
xannie_01
  • Total Posts : 1481
RE: Does anyone like Quiznos? 2006/09/21 16:28:30 (permalink)
if there's one in the area and the hubster's hungry
(seldom when he isn't) he'll get one. he likes the italian.
PapaJoe8
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5504
RE: Does anyone like Quiznos? 2006/09/21 16:39:20 (permalink)
They sure make that prome rib thing look good on TV. I bet it dosen't come out looking like that, or tasting like prime rib. Someone say I'm wrong, please!
Joe
Scorereader
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5546
RE: Does anyone like Quiznos? 2006/09/21 16:46:26 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by PapaJoe8

They sure make that prome rib thing look good on TV. I bet it dosen't come out looking like that, or tasting like prime rib. Someone say I'm wrong, please!
Joe

you are 100% correct. Read my above description of the pastrami sandwhich I had, which is the same type of sandwhich as that prime rib. It does look "ok" (though not nearly as mouth watering as the one on the tv commercial )but tastes very bland. My buddy got the prime rib and he was not impressed in the least. Like I said, we had no intention of returning to Quizno's then and we have kept to those intentions. Quizno's is off my list. Please don't get suckered like we did.
CajunKing
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6355
RE: Does anyone like Quiznos? 2006/09/21 17:08:17 (permalink)
Quiznos is ok,
Firehouse Subs, is LOTS better
Subway - Jared can have it
Jersey Mike's - I like them alot
Penn Station - Oh man, I am in heaven

sk bob
  • Total Posts : 1801
RE: Does anyone like Quiznos? 2006/09/23 13:24:56 (permalink)
I ordered the prime rib when it first come out. it looked real good when they were assembling it, nice rare beef, then they ran it through the toaster and that just killed the beef. itwas edible but not like it should have been.
buffetbuster
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10083
RE: Does anyone like Quiznos? 2006/09/26 19:30:16 (permalink)
I was shocked last week to see that the local Quizno's had closed down. I only ate there once, but they always seemed to be so busy. Obviously, some other factors at work.
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1