Does anyone like Quiznos?

Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Author
Saint Matt
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 183
2006/02/16 14:59:11 (permalink)

Does anyone like Quiznos?

A new Quiznos is just about to open near my home. While it's nothing I'm excited about, it would be a convenient place to grab a quick bite.

If you like Quiznos, what do you order there?

Thanks,
Matt
Aptos, CA

87 Replies Related Threads

QFan
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 642
    RE: Does anyone like Quiznos? 2006/02/16 15:11:46 (permalink)
    It sure beats the heck out of Subway in my opinion. Try the classic Italian for starters. The fact that they toast all their subs and pay a little more attention to the variety of toppings seems to make their subs (hoagies, grinders or what ever name you prefer) a little better for a chain joint. I certainly wouldn't pretend it's roadfood.

QFan
    Bonita Springs, FL
    huntryce
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 115
    RE: Does anyone like Quiznos? 2006/02/16 15:24:03 (permalink)
    I've tried them twice. Both times found the sandwiches good but not great. Overpriced IMO. And on second trip, both my friend and I received incorrect orders. Probably won't go back.
    tmiles
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1965
    RE: Does anyone like Quiznos? 2006/02/16 15:27:04 (permalink)
    I've eaten there several times. IMO Subway is better. Subway must feel the competition, though, because they now toast sandwichs Quiznos style. Our local pizza shops make a better sandwich than either. I only go to Subway or Quiznos when I have a very good coupon.
    renfrew
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 696
    RE: Does anyone like Quiznos? 2006/02/16 15:45:04 (permalink)
    They are overpriced, and not as flavorful as I would expect with all the complexity of their sandwiches.

A lot of my co-workers are fanatic about them though. Down the road from my work is a Quiznos and a local joint that is way better. But Quiznos has outdoor seating so in the summer, I go to my place, co workers go to thiers and we meet up at quizno's.

I would give them a try though, satisfy your curiosity.
    berndog
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 674
    RE: Does anyone like Quiznos? 2006/02/16 16:25:06 (permalink)
    We have a Quizno's in the new ferry terminal, but I have not gone there yet. I keep planning to make the drive some lunch time to give a little business to the people who started the businesses there last summer, then saw their traffic grind to a halt when the ferry went out of business after three months.

But when I want a really good sub, I go to Dibella's.
    Poopy
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 101
    RE: Does anyone like Quiznos? 2006/02/16 16:34:00 (permalink)
    Quiznos is o.k., but I wouldn't go out of my way to eat there. I agree that they are overpriced. The worst thing about Quiznos is their stupid ads with that talking baby!
    Brookerme
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 52
    RE: Does anyone like Quiznos? 2006/02/16 16:41:41 (permalink)
    The first time I tried Quizno's I liked it but after a few tries I found that their secret sauces seem to be salt, saltier, and saltiest. There are better sandwiches available at local places.
    TJ Jackson
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4538
    RE: Does anyone like Quiznos? 2006/02/16 16:45:16 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Parses6

I ate there once--totally average. I don't like my hoagie (sub) toasted. It is certainly better than Subway (absolute dreck) but of course that is not saying much.

just to clarify - is "vomit" better or worse than "dreck" on the quality scale? since you're reducing descriptions of fast food joints to single denegratory words, I thought it best to get them clarified, at least in a relative sense.
    The Travelin Man
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3728
    RE: Does anyone like Quiznos? 2006/02/16 17:05:33 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by TJ Jackson

since you're reducing descriptions of fast food joints to single denegratory words...

It's about time SOMEONE did.
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18267
    RE: Does anyone like Quiznos? 2006/02/16 17:25:03 (permalink)
    quote:

quote:

quote:

I ate there once--totally average. I don't like my hoagie (sub) toasted. It is certainly better than Subway (absolute dreck) but of course that is not saying much.

just to clarify - is "vomit" better or worse than "dreck" on the quality scale? since you're reducing descriptions of fast food joints to single denegratory words, I thought it best to get them clarified, at least in a relative sense.

Oh my heavens TJ vomit is much worse than dreck--here is a scale to educate you a little:--worst to bad

Diarrea
    $hit
    Vomit
    Filth
    Pondscum
    Dreck

I can't help wondering why you put two words for human excretement at the top of your list and a third word for the same thing at the bottom.
    Theedge
    • Total Posts : 1196
    RE: Does anyone like Quiznos? 2006/02/16 17:51:09 (permalink)
    I would describe them as "almost good". If they upped the quality a bit more they would be good.
    Tedbear
    • Total Posts : 1832
    RE: Does anyone like Quiznos? 2006/02/16 18:30:47 (permalink)
    I only tried a Quizno's sandwich once, but once was enough for me. I can't figure out how it is possible to put all of those ingredients on a sandwich, and then toast it, and still wind up with something that is virtually without taste. Insipid would be a kind term for the flavor of what I was served at Quizno's.

While I could probably say things that are more derogatory about my experience, and I could possibly denigrate Quizno's, I certainly couldn't come up with anything denegratory to say, but that is because my dictionary doesn't list that word!
    roossy90
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6695
    RE: Does anyone like Quiznos? 2006/02/16 19:05:02 (permalink)
    quote:

quote:

TJ, You read my mind on that one....I was laughing when I read "dreck", and had the same question in my mind.
    I like my sub toasted and dont like Quiznos FYI, Saint Matt...
    Tried "Q" once, and wont go back.
    But everyones tastes are not all alike...
    I say try it and see how you like it.. That way you know.
    I had the "Italian Beef" sub.. Blah..
    BT
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3589
    RE: Does anyone like Quiznos? 2006/02/16 19:08:58 (permalink)
    There's a Quizno's across the street from my place in SF (yes, I live on what may be the only "chain fast food row" in town) and a very nice family of Indians (I think they are actually Sikhs judging by the turbans and beards on the men) own the franchise. Because I like them and because their's is one of the places in my 'hood that puts the soda machine out where you can get free refills, I go there a fair amount to sit and read my newspaper. All I ever get, though, are a large soda (yes, with free refills I could get a small one and refill more often, but that seems like abusing the system) and, sometimes, a bowl of chili which is OK, nothing special. I almost never get a sandwich because their sandwiches all look so ultra-caloric and fat-laden.
    RC51Mike
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 443
    RE: Does anyone like Quiznos? 2006/02/16 19:12:54 (permalink)
    I don't think I'll ever know. I still can't get past those singing rat things in the last ad campaign. I have it in my mind that's what is in the sandwiches.
    Southern Fried
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 67
    RE: Does anyone like Quiznos? 2006/02/16 22:24:00 (permalink)
    I like the Cabo Chicken sandwich at Quiznos. It has oven-roasted chicken (sliced), bacon, cheddar, quacamole, tomato, red onion, spring mix, mild chipotle mayo. It is very good.
    ellen4641
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3531
    RE: Does anyone like Quiznos? 2006/02/16 22:43:23 (permalink)
    I tried Quiznos once, and that was enough..........the turkey tasted so processed !
    berndog
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 674
    RE: Does anyone like Quiznos? 2006/02/16 23:38:17 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Poopy

Quiznos is o.k., but I wouldn't go out of my way to eat there. I agree that they are overpriced. The worst thing about Quiznos is their stupid ads with that talking baby!

I thought the older ads with the weird little animal creature were horrible, but I love the talking baby ads. They are so funny. My favorite is the new one where someone infers to the baby that Santa Claus isn't real. The look on the baby's face as he comprehends what was just said is priceless.
    Pitts
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 78
    RE: Does anyone like Quiznos? 2006/02/17 00:15:12 (permalink)
    Quiznos is better than Subway. They make a pretty good raisin oatmeal cookie.
    Regards
    P.S. Look for coupons in the week-end papers.
    TJ Jackson
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4538
    RE: Does anyone like Quiznos? 2006/02/17 09:25:10 (permalink)
    quote:

quote:

quote:

Oh my heavens TJ vomit is much worse than dreck--here is a scale to educate you a little:--worst to bad

Diarrea
    $hit
    Vomit
    Filth
    Pondscum
    Dreck

Thanks for the clarification.

I remain happy to hear that any given restaraunt can be accurately described by a single word. I've never been able to do that, but hey, I guess you're just a better man than me.
    Poopy
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 101
    RE: Does anyone like Quiznos? 2006/02/17 09:26:02 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by berndog

quote:
    Originally posted by Poopy

I thought the older ads with the weird little animal creature were horrible, but I love the talking baby ads. They are so funny. My favorite is the new one where someone infers to the baby that Santa Claus isn't real. The look on the baby's face as he comprehends what was just said is priceless.

I miss the rats. I used to walk around work singing "We love your subs..."
    baughman
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 116
    RE: Does anyone like Quiznos? 2006/02/17 09:45:02 (permalink)
    been to Quiznos twice didnt like it both times. First time it was the sub. If I want it toasted I want it all nice and warm , but the bread was nice and warm and rest was cold. didnt like the contrast. Second time the girl behind the counter must of thought she was the hottest skank in town , all I told her was I wish the sub to be run threw the mini belt oven twice and it was like I had opened the gates of hell. For taste I would rank subway and jersey mikes above Quiznos .
    Rusty246
    • Total Posts : 2413
    RE: Does anyone like Quiznos? 2006/02/17 10:15:33 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by baughman

been to Quiznos twice didnt like it both times. First time it was the sub. If I want it toasted I want it all nice and warm , but the bread was nice and warm and rest was cold. didnt like the contrast. Second time the girl behind the counter must of thought she was the hottest skank in town , all I told her was I wish the sub to be run threw the mini belt oven twice and it was like I had opened the gates of hell. For taste I would rank subway and jersey mikes above Quiznos .

"Skank"? Wow, I haven't heard that in FOREVER! Isn't the baby's name "Bob"? I think they do a pretty good job of matching the lip movement with the words. In fact, I think that's the only thing good about Quizno's.
    kland01s
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2835
    RE: Does anyone like Quiznos? 2006/02/17 10:43:26 (permalink)
    I live in an area where there is no such thing as a deli or even a sandwich shop so between Quiznos and Subway, there are no other options. Subway is closer to me but there is a language barrier with the people who operate it and I usually avoid the hastle of trying to get what I want. I've been to Quiznos a few times and they are ok considering the options and I do like their pepper bar and usually ad a liberal amount of that to my sub.
    tiggs
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 22
    RE: Does anyone like Quiznos? 2006/02/17 10:50:43 (permalink)
    They just opened a Quiznos in my neighborhood in the heart of South Philly. I cannot see it staying in business as there are far superior cheese steak and hoagie places within walking distance.
    The Travelin Man
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3728
    RE: Does anyone like Quiznos? 2006/02/17 11:20:29 (permalink)
    Nope.

But, then I grew up in an area where we had real subs with real sub rolls and didn't have to resort to some passing fad to make them edible. I understand that the people around here like them, though. But, this is central Florida -- and you can find the bashing of the local cuisine elsewhere on this site. Unique and regional foods are tough in this area because people are from all over -- so, the only thing that binds them together is the homogenous crap that they already knew about from somewhere else.

The thought of a corporate sub to me is just out of my realm, though. We have a number of places that sell Boar's Head meats and all the bread is substandard, but will do in a pinch. I will do that when I need a sandwich instead.
    strongy78
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 66
    RE: Does anyone like Quiznos? 2006/02/17 12:32:45 (permalink)
    Quiznos is decent. I actually went there yesterday. They had a buy one get one free coupon. 2 Sandwiches for around 6 bucks. Cant beat that price but you can definately beat the taste here in San Diego. Phillys Best, Gaglione Brothers, Philadelphia Sandwich Company and sometimes even Vons makes a better sandwich.
    essvee
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 425
    RE: Does anyone like Quiznos? 2006/02/17 13:14:44 (permalink)
    I've eaten at Quiznos twice and I'd have to describe it as "foul." (Sorry, TJ. I guess I'm a better man than you.) Both sandwiches were sopping with 'sauce', greasy as all get out, and the last time I ordered a 'steak' (in retrospect, I have no idea why, stupid of me), and what came out was this nasty processed pink stuff with black pepper-like crud all over the outside. It was much closer to (really bad) pastrami than steak. In fact, I thought it was pastrami, so I brought it back to the counter, told the manager (nicely) that I thought they may have misunderstood my order as this was pastrami and I had asked for steak, only to be informed that "we don't serve pastrami, sir." Hmmm. I took a few bites and threw away the rest of an eight-dollar sandwich. Yuk.
    Big Ugly Mich
    • Total Posts : 1302
    RE: Does anyone like Quiznos? 2006/02/17 13:36:28 (permalink)
    just to clarify - is "vomit" better or worse than "dreck" on the quality scale?

Dreck is yiddish for, uh, that which comes out the opposite hole than vomit.

Quizno's sandwiches are okay at best, but it's the ONLY place I know that serves Snickerdoodles (major yum, them snickerdoodles). I order the soup in a breadbowl if I must. My last trip to Quiznos was AWESOME, but only because we stopped before hitting Debbie's for Good and Plenty, candy buttons on paper, three kinds of candy cigarettes, Bazooka bubble gum (WITH COMICS!! YAY!!!) and fairy food. Why all my clothes shrank at once after that trip is beyond me!
    Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1