The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Domino's joins the burger business??

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 38 of 38
eruby

• Total Posts: 585
  • Roadfood Insider
Re:Domino's joins the burger business?? Tue, 10/4/11 3:11 PM (permalink)
I was wrong.  Pizza Hut didn't win the Carroll County Times' Reader's Choice award for the past 5 years. They've won it for the past 13 years. 

NYPIzzaNut

• Total Posts: 3127
    Re:Domino's joins the burger business?? Tue, 10/4/11 3:53 PM (permalink)
    Very strange.

leethebard

• Total Posts: 6081
      Re:Domino's joins the burger business?? Tue, 10/4/11 3:55 PM (permalink)
      tuxr99

leethebard

Sorry.you young whipper snapper...but my point was that today ,some of your food isn't the quality it once was...a few steps backwards..... milk, eggs,fresh meat from a real butcher,or like I said fresh lilled chicken....tasted unlike much of the mass produced stuff today!!!

DawnT, Depressing...but true.We indeed base a big part of what we like on what we are used to......In the 50's we bought fresh killed and dressed chickens at a chicken store(we picked our chicken choice out of the cage). Never will get that taste wrapped in celephane. We picked up fresh eggs at an egg farm, and the taste of store bought can't match the fresh laid today taste. We also had Pasturized milk delivered by a milkman, You shook it up to blend it and drank the sweetest milk!I guess we sacrifice taste for convenience....but I sure miss the fresh food of the 50's!!!

Back in my day!!!....... give it a break granny. 40 years from now, the kids today will be saying the same thing, nothing ever changes.

NYPIzzaNut

• Total Posts: 3127
        Re:Domino's joins the burger business?? Tue, 10/4/11 4:07 PM (permalink)
        leethebard

tuxr99

leethebard

Sorry.you young whipper snapper...but my point was that today ,some of your food isn't the quality it once was...a few steps backwards..... milk, eggs,fresh meat from a real butcher,or like I said fresh lilled chicken....tasted unlike much of the mass produced stuff today!!!

DawnT, Depressing...but true.We indeed base a big part of what we like on what we are used to......In the 50's we bought fresh killed and dressed chickens at a chicken store(we picked our chicken choice out of the cage). Never will get that taste wrapped in celephane. We picked up fresh eggs at an egg farm, and the taste of store bought can't match the fresh laid today taste. We also had Pasturized milk delivered by a milkman, You shook it up to blend it and drank the sweetest milk!I guess we sacrifice taste for convenience....but I sure miss the fresh food of the 50's!!!

Back in my day!!!....... give it a break granny. 40 years from now, the kids today will be saying the same thing, nothing ever changes.

Whippersnappers will always be whippersnappers.  They will never know what us wise old folks are talking about or experience what great food once was consumed regularly.

leethebard

• Total Posts: 6081
          Re:Domino's joins the burger business?? Tue, 10/4/11 8:03 PM (permalink)
          Yes,thanks for understanding NYPIZZANUT...we,the pre-MickeyD era,understand..Mickey D doesn't sell a hamburger, Pizza Hut doesn't sell a real pizza, old pasturized milk you had to shake,tasted like heaven...etc   etc   etc.....'til they invent a time machine, the under 50's will just have to take our word for it!!!

DawnT

• Total Posts: 1286
            Re:Domino's joins the burger business?? Sun, 10/30/11 5:48 AM (permalink)
            Our local A&E rag; Miami New Times ran this story last week about Domino's founder, Tom Monaghan's Ava Maria University/Town. Well worth the read and makes one wonder how he's going to pull off his military burger venture with this huge mess on his hands.

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/2011-10-20/news/ave-maria-university-a-catholic-project-gone-wrong/ 

HollyDolly

• Total Posts: 1065
              Re:Domino's joins the burger business?? Wed, 11/2/11 11:40 AM (permalink)
              Dawn T, thanks for the link.Boy that place is scary.I'm Catholic, and I think he has a screw loose. Wonder if th whole thing will eventually go belly up?

2005Equinox

• Total Posts: 219
                Re:Domino's joins the burger business?? Mon, 11/7/11 1:46 AM (permalink)
                No good can come of this.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                  Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 38 of 38

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                  • No New Messages
                  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                  • Locked w/ New Messages
                  • Locked w/o New Messages
                  • Read Message
                  • Post New Thread
                  • Reply to message
                  • Post New Poll
                  • Submit Vote
                  • Post reward post
                  • Delete my own posts
                  • Delete my own threads
                  • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                  What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com