Drake's Boston Cream pies

Author
frogger67
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 156
2007/02/26 17:28:31 (permalink)

Drake's Boston Cream pies

Living in VA, our selection of Drake's cakes are limited to Devil Dogs, Yodels, Coffee Cakes and Funny Bones. [No Yankee or Sunny Doodles--darn!]
But at one time a few years ago, the stores here sold a Boston Cream pie. I was in NY recently and a supermarket there had all Drake's cakes, but no Boston Creams. Have they been discontinued?

2 Replies Related Threads

Joisey
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 150
    RE: Drake's Boston Cream pies 2007/02/28 11:59:28 (permalink)
    I have not seen them here in nj. I keep a searching for the Drake's Lemon pies, but I feel they have been discontinued
    Eric B
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 103
    RE: Drake's Boston Cream pies 2007/03/04 12:41:40 (permalink)
    Oh, so Drake's are back in the DC area? I know they had pulled out years ago, when the Baltimore area operation folded, but since I have joined this board; I hear of them being found in VA. But they never were big down there. 20 years ago, I would only see them in the big supermarkets in the family packs. They are probably shipped, so you won't have as wide a selection as you would in Drake's core areas. Youll just have the basic stuff (though I would think the Yankee/Sunny Doodles would be more popular than the Funny Bones. Perhaps they should call them "Dixie Doodles" in the south?
    As it is, the Lemon Pies come and go every once in awhile. And the Boston Cremes come and go sometimes as well. IIRC, I think I do still see them in boxes in the supermarkets, at least fairly recently.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1