Drinking 1 beer

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Ort. Carlton.
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3589
Re:Drinking 1 beer 2009/01/14 22:41:20 (permalink)
Dearfolk,
   Yes, I have been known to drink one beer and stop with that, but usually it's because of one of these factors:
1) I have let my belt out a notch and feel guilty about it. Oof!
2) I have to crawl out of bed the next day at a reasonable hour (say, noon or 1:00 P. M.).
3) What I'm drinking is high-gravity and I've gotta drive home.
4) I'm driving on unfamiliar roads in a faraway city.
5) All the place has is national brand beer, it's 104 degrees, and I've come in to eat, not drink.
   Now: can ANYONE drink only one draught of Jever Pilsener?!?!?!? Yumsville.
      Moderately In Moderation, Ort. Carlton in All-Too-Often-Immoderate Athens, Georgia.
Foodbme
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10356
Re:Drinking 1 beer 2009/01/15 00:06:07 (permalink)
I limit myself to 3 beers---From a Bottle----From a Can--- from a Tap. That's it!
ken8038
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1601
Re:Drinking 1 beer 2009/01/15 08:45:14 (permalink)
When I'm out to eat or on a food day trip to somewhere, usually I will have between zero and two beers, tops. Oddly enough, I'm not particularly fond of beer with food, so if it's a food trip, if I have a beer at all, it's after I've made all the food stops, and will stop at a local tavern for a draught beer and to soak up the local color before heading home.

Friday nights I will usually head down to my basement music room to listen to tunage. Over the course of the night I will probably have 3 or 4 beers. This Friday night "tradition" dates back over 20 years to when my daughter was a baby and my wife wanted some peace and quiet from 9 to 11 PM in order to watch "Dallas" and some other show I forget the name of. So I'd take my daughter up to the attic in our old house and do the same thing, have a few beers and listen to music.

Over the past 23 years I'd say I've done this for at least 80% of all the Friday nights, sometimes with a guest or two but mostly just me. It's my down time after a hard work week.
leethebard
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6349
Re:Drinking 1 beer 2009/01/15 12:51:05 (permalink)
Sipping a good beer...and enjoying music in the background...perfect together!!!
porkchopexpress
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 798
Re:Drinking 1 beer 2009/01/19 19:21:39 (permalink)
joerogo

Do they serve beer at White Castle??

Back in the late 90's The Krystal's in New Orleans sold beer. Boy was it good.
Beer&Snausages
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 418
Re:Drinking 1 beer 2009/01/22 13:43:57 (permalink)
At home usually one to two with dinner. Presently in the fridge waiting to be savored are:
Warsteiner Dunkle
Victory Baltic Thunder
North Coast Old Rasputin
Avery Old Jubilation
Smuttynose Winter Ale
Magic Hat Participation Ale

If I head up to Kclingers in Hanover http://www.kclingers.com/ or Max's on Broadway http://www.maxs.com/ depending on what they had on tap and whether I've had it before I'll have between 2 or 3. It also depends on whether my wife is adding to her collection or not.

rebeltruce
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 702
Re:Drinking 1 beer 2009/01/23 06:29:47 (permalink)
One beer!...Ok as long as it's from the Eternal Tap at the Straub Brewery in St. Marys, PA....where one beer lasts Eternally....

sk bob
  • Total Posts : 1801
Re:Drinking 1 beer 2009/01/24 17:09:54 (permalink)
one beer? don't tease me man.
Beer&Snausages
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 418
Re:Drinking 1 beer 2009/01/25 10:05:58 (permalink)
Last night's beers with dinner at Kclingers: Otto's (State College, PA) Ottenator Dopplebock on draft and a bottled Wostyntje Mustard Ale from Belgium.
Tristan Indiana
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 328
Re:Drinking 1 beer 2009/01/25 17:57:27 (permalink)
I always stop at one........well maybe 1:30

Sorry, old joke.
Ort. Carlton.
Filet Mignon
Re:Drinking 1 beer 2009/01/26 01:20:09 (permalink)
rebeltruce One beer!...Ok as long as it's from the Eternal Tap at the Straub Brewery in St. Marys, PA....where one beer lasts Eternally....

Oh, Rebeltruce,
   Thank you immensely for that picture! Drinking from this famed spigot is one pleasure I've never had, although I have sampled fresh bottles of Straub's on several occasions. And a good friend of mine, whose word I can trust, tells me that Straub's Light Beer is utterly the best light beer brewed in America (light beer's what she usually drinks, and her favored brand is Yuengling Light "[Anything with at least SOME taste!" she asserts.].)
   Oh, my... you've just made me very, very glad I stopped by here tonight!
      Sundayly Unthirstily, Ort. Carlton in Makes One Week Athens, Georgia.
Ort. Carlton.
Filet Mignon
Re:Drinking 1 beer 2009/01/26 01:28:45 (permalink)
Dearfolk,
   I've found myself in the midst of a dilemma lately. Copper Creek Brewing (our GREAT! local brewpub) has on draught right now BOTH a Winter Warmer AND a so-labelled "English Pale," which is served on a nitrous tap and is none other than a fine replica of an English Ordinary Bitter. It weighs in at around 4%, so it's one of those "session" beers that one can come close to making a career out of drinking over the course of an evening and still be able to function afterwards. (They also have two other brews: Espresso Stout [extraordinary!] and "Un-American" Pale Ale [named such because it's made with Pilsener malts instead of Ale malts! Ingenious and delicious!!])
   Now, in addition to ALL THAT, Trappeze has Victory Donnybrook Stout (3.7%) on tap, so I can flop out of Copper Creek, slosh the two downhill blocks to Trappeze, lunge in the door, plead for a Donnybrook for dessert, and hardly be refused. Oh, the utter slurpiness of it! Gadzooks, I'm hooked. It may not be possible for me to drink just one beer at a glugging right now....
      Unalementally, Ort. Carlton in Healthy Athens, Georgia.
rebeltruce
Double Cheeseburger
Re:Drinking 1 beer 2009/01/26 06:52:22 (permalink)
Ort. Carlton.

rebeltruce One beer!...Ok as long as it's from the Eternal Tap at the Straub Brewery in St. Marys, PA....where one beer lasts Eternally....

Oh, Rebeltruce,
   Thank you immensely for that picture! Drinking from this famed spigot is one pleasure I've never had, although I have sampled fresh bottles of Straub's on several occasions. And a good friend of mine, whose word I can trust, tells me that Straub's Light Beer is utterly the best light beer brewed in America (light beer's what she usually drinks, and her favored brand is Yuengling Light "[Anything with at least SOME taste!" she asserts.].)

My pleasure Mr. Carlton!

We usually make the trip two or three times a year. It's a beautiful motorcycle trip from Virginia to St. Mary's. Although touring the brewery is always on the agenda, this year we are planning our first trip around a day that they will be bottling.....we've heard that on a bottling day the tour guide will grab a freshly bottled Straub from the line for each tour member to try!!

Foodbme
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10356
Re:Drinking 1 beer 2009/01/27 00:14:55 (permalink)
rebeltruce

Ort. Carlton.

Oh, Rebeltruce,

My pleasure Mr. Carlton!

We usually make the trip two or three times a year. It's a beautiful motorcycle trip from Virginia to St. Mary's. Although touring the brewery is always on the agenda, this year we are planning our first trip around a day that they will be bottling.....we've heard that on a bottling day the tour guide will grab a freshly bottled Straub from the line for each tour member to try!!

Rebel Truce,
As you may recall from previous posts, St. Marys, PA is my hometown! It's great to see you enjoying The Eternal Tap! Makes me a little homesick, (But not in Jan-Feb!) My HS Class of 1958 had our 50th Reunion last July. As you might imagine there were copious quantities of Straubs consumed![ll]
I just noticed in the picture they now give you plastic cups. Back in the day, they only had 6-8 oz glasses and when you were finished sipping the nectar of the Gods, you had to wash your glass in the sink. House Rules.!

post edited by Foodbme - 2009/01/27 00:22:34
rebeltruce
Double Cheeseburger
Re:Drinking 1 beer 2009/01/27 06:53:40 (permalink)
Foodbme

rebeltruce

Ort. Carlton.

Oh, Rebeltruce,

My pleasure Mr. Carlton!

Rebel Truce,
As you may recall from previous posts, St. Marys, PA is my hometown! It's great to see you enjoying The Eternal Tap! Makes me a little homesick, (But not in Jan-Feb!) My HS Class of 1958 had our 50th Reunion last July. As you might imagine there were copious quantities of Straubs consumed![ll]
I just noticed in the picture they now give you plastic cups. Back in the day, they only had 6-8 oz glasses and when you were finished sipping the nectar of the Gods, you had to wash your glass in the sink. House Rules.!

The glass glasses are still there and the same rules still apply!!!! It just so happened that there were only four or five available and others were using them at the time. Rather then wait I opted for a plastic cup.... I love using the real glass though, I like using the bar glass washer even better!!!...LOL!
Phildelmar
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 861
Re:Drinking 1 beer 2009/03/11 17:46:38 (permalink)
One Samuel Smith is good enough.
MellowRoast
  • Total Posts : 2009
Re:Drinking 1 beer 2009/03/11 18:10:14 (permalink)
I have a firm "1 beer rule" in restaurants, but I can't remember the last time I drank more than 1 at home.
JayL
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 229
Re:Drinking 1 beer 2009/03/12 00:44:52 (permalink)
I'm not much of a beer drinker so I can, and regularly do, stop at just one.  And it's probably going to be a Carib lager.
brittneal
  • Total Posts : 1265
Re:Drinking 1 beer 2009/03/12 01:15:46 (permalink)

When I was a kid, we all got a tint glass of red wine with a holiday dinner.  Thats about the only "Adult" beverage I remember enjoying.  As far as drinking goes Im the kind that cant seem to stop once started.  Ive never had just one drink with I dinner.  I think it ruins the food(especially beer!)/  Id much prefer sweetened tea with a meal.
ken8038
  • Total Posts : 1601
Re:Drinking 1 beer 2009/03/13 21:52:45 (permalink)
<My HS Class of 1958 had our 50th Reunion last July. As you might imagine there were copious quantities of Straubs consumed!>>

That is just so cool to have graduated from St Mary's High School (or whayever it's called). If I could pick one HS reunion I'd like to attend, that would have been the one. Every single person there must have nostalgic memories of growing up in the town with one of the last remaining old time small town breweries. 
NYPIzzaNut
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3151
Re:Drinking 1 beer 2009/03/13 22:08:45 (permalink)

http://rodeo.cincinnati.com/getlocal/gpstory.aspx?id=100184&sid=141151

...one Little King on a hot summer day working the property makes me very happy....

ynotryme
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 562
Re:Drinking 1 beer 2009/03/13 23:13:30 (permalink)
Shiner bock draught especially with Que or oysters.
wmceaton
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 315
Re:Drinking 1 beer 2009/03/18 19:24:23 (permalink)
Coupled with other myths.....

1) Bill Gates wants to share his fortune
2) Something great will happen if you forward this e-mail
3) The government will help you
4) Politicians are honest & really work for you
5) Fresh lobster in Kansas
6) "It's just a cold sore"
7) Ted Kennedy didnt know that Mary Jo was still in the car

Drinking one beer has been proven to be impossible...I worked an "If / Then" flowchart on a Mylar board at my house & came to the conclusion that it's not possible...you can't dispute science.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1