Helpful ReplyDriving to Cheboygan, MI, up along the east coast from Saginaw Bay -- where to eat?

Author
richlin
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 2
2011/07/26 19:46:34 (permalink)

Driving to Cheboygan, MI, up along the east coast from Saginaw Bay -- where to eat?

Any suggestions?  We're driving up on Saturday, leaving Ann Arbor then taking 23 up to Saginaw Bay and on up north.  We looked online at Harrisville and Alpena but didn't come up with much.  Looking for lunch/dinner.

Amy
Sfreader
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 503
Re:Driving to Cheboygan, MI, up along the east coast from Saginaw Bay -- where to eat? 2011/07/27 16:19:17 (permalink) ☄ Helpful
Kelly's Venture Inn just south of Roger's City, was good, though I have not been there for a few years.

Do you want places in Cheboygan?
richlin
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 2
Re:Driving to Cheboygan, MI, up along the east coast from Saginaw Bay -- where to eat? 2011/07/27 19:25:34 (permalink)
Thanks so much!  I'd be interested to hear about Cheboygan, too, since we'll be staying there for a week -- my husband grew up there, but hasn't been back in a long time. 

A.
pigface
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 406
Re:Driving to Cheboygan, MI, up along the east coast from Saginaw Bay -- where to eat? 2011/07/27 20:31:31 (permalink)
Iva's Chicken Dinner in Sterling, Michigan, outside of standish
my first post in many years 
Sfreader
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 503
Re:Driving to Cheboygan, MI, up along the east coast from Saginaw Bay -- where to eat? 2011/07/28 15:47:29 (permalink)
Here are my favorites within about 15 miles:

The Carnation Restaurant on Main Street in Cheboygan does a good job on breakfast and serves it at anytime.

Rusty Anchor, on the Cheboygan River, does a good job on steaks and has a nice view.

Hack Ma Tack Inn is a hundred plus year old restaurant on the Cheboygan River near Douglas Lake. Last time I was there, the service was poor but the food was good (particularly the lobster bisque).

Cafe Noka, south of Cheboygan in Topinabee, has good chili and a great Reuben Sandwich. The restaurant is only open for breakfast & lunch, has 5 tables & 5 stools, and is right across M-27 Highway from Mullet Lake.

Mackinaw City has some good places. The Key Hole Bar has great perch and good burgers. Darrow's Restaurant is a plain place with good salads, soup, pie and whitefish. Scalawags Whitefish & Chips has good fish & hush puppies for takeout, though I don't think much of the chips. The Chippewa Room at Audie's Restaurant is the best for slightly upscale.

The Dam Site Inn, just south of Pellston, has pretty good fried chicken and a nice view of wild birds. Its a bit pricey.

The Roadfood highlight is Levering Cafe (in Levering). A little country restaurant with large servings of good food at a very reasonable price.
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1