Drunken silliness in KC

Author
Laughing Goddess
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 89
2003/10/10 18:05:46 (permalink)

Drunken silliness in KC

OK, my best friend Sally is turning 40 on Halloween weekend. She's already decided not to go out and have a big dinner, because we're renting a limo and don't want to 'waste' two hours in a nice restaurant. (Besides, it'd be fun to go through a fast-food drive-thru in a limo, don't ya think?)

So, the plan is to make good use of the limo by just cruising around and getting drunk! " />

What I need to know is: where are the good bars, from the punk to the classy. KC/KS and KC/MO fine. (She lives in Shawnee, KS, so anything amusing in that area would be great).

And: is there a strip club with male dancers in the KC area? Let's see the boyz dance for US, for once.

What would you recommend as the best drive-thrus for us? Any Steak N Shakes, Jack In the Boxes, something I haven't heard of? Krystals or White Castles, maybe?

And where do we go for the 3 am breakfast? Waffle Huts in KC? Will be happy to consider any and all suggestions! Especially the nekkid men suggestions!

So, if any of you see two drunken blondes from Boston on Saturday Nov. 1, staggering out of a limo and giggling our butts off, be sure and say hi! (How will you know we're from Boston? Because we'll be saying stuff like, "I pahhked my cahh in Hahhvahhd Yahhd.")

Thanks in advance for any help!

Bonnie in Fayetteville AR

16 Replies Related Threads

Lone Star
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1730
    RE: Drunken silliness in KC 2003/10/10 23:05:19 (permalink)
    Can't help you with any locations as I am in Texas, but I wanna go too!

Woooooohoooooo!
    Bushie
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2902
    RE: Drunken silliness in KC 2003/10/10 23:05:37 (permalink)
    LG, I won't be much help here, but I want you to know that I would LOVE to spend a little time with y'all that night! (Except, of course, the time involving the nekkid men. )

Don't know of any clubs in that area; I did most of my drinking at the Marriott down there. There IS a White Castle on Metcalf not too far south of the I-35 intersection, and further south a few miles is a Krispy Kreme.

You might consider Stroud's for dinner. The south (original) location is not too far from Shawnee. Great fried chicken, and I guarantee you they'd love to have a couple of "drunken blondes from Boston" in a limo stop in.

Hopefully, some young ladies will chime in and give you better advice. Have fun, and Happy Birthday to your friend!
    Mayhaw Man
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 589
    RE: Drunken silliness in KC 2003/10/11 00:16:21 (permalink)
    Bushie was too classy (I do not suffer from that problem, ask anybody)to tell you about Stroud's Proud Slogan

We Choke our Own Chickens

How can you not want to pull your limo into a fine place like that. Incidentally, if you are like me (taste impaired" />) you might enjoy one of their t shirts as a souvenir of your evening either for yourseld or as a gift to impress your friends.

Have fun, sounds like a great time.
    lleechef
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6629
    RE: Drunken silliness in KC 2003/10/11 01:32:45 (permalink)
    Woooooohhoooooooo is right! Us Bahson sistahs know how to pahty!!
    Laughing Goddess
    Hamburger
    RE: Drunken silliness in KC 2003/10/11 08:54:17 (permalink)
    Heehee, well, there's room in the limo for anyone who'd like to meet up with us!!! Come on up, LoneStar!

Oh, so Stroud's is the famous "we choke our own chickens" place that I've heard of -- didn't realize we'd be so close. Thanks for the recs, Bushie and Mayhaw.

And we'll definitely be "taste impaired" that evening! I'm going to the local smut shop (on Dickson St., Mayhaw -- it's called Condom Sense, if you want to check it out next time you're in our fair city) and getting stuff like penis hats. In fact, I'm going to get us each a big bottle of Hypnotiq and penis straws to drink it with!

BTW, guys, did either of you get up here for the Bikes Blues and BBQ fest last weekend? There were 70,000 bikers in town!! The organizers are expecting the Fayetteville fest to be the biggest bikers gathering in the country next October -- it's been getting bigger and bigger each year. Here's the website: http://www.bikesbluesandbbq.org/
    SharonTriv
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 44
    RE: Drunken silliness in KC 2003/10/14 10:13:27 (permalink)
    Great 40th birthday plan! You guys definitely need to hit a Winstead's--a KC tradition and they're all over the place. Fabulous shakes (which might not mix with the alcohol you plan to consume), and great cherry cokes (which will). Yes, they have drive thru. The Winnies on the Plaza used to have carhop service which was great--don't know about that now. Also, Sonic Drive-In's are everywhere and that would be a fun thing to do with a limo.

Have a great time and keep that limo driver sober.
    CoreyEl
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 156
    RE: Drunken silliness in KC 2003/10/14 12:47:54 (permalink)
    Get thee down to Westport in midtown on the MO side! It's the happenin' place for nightlife--was in my day and still is today. WWW.johnnyroadtrip.com has a good sampling of the current clubs and addresses. We used to hang out at the Grand Emporium Saloon, which is now just the Grand Emporium. Westport's got everything from great blues clubs to whatever you like. You'll have a blast!

And I'd second Winstead's for something good to make a base for all that alcohol--awesome steakburgers.
    spadoman
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 228
    RE: Drunken silliness in KC 2003/10/14 15:02:02 (permalink)
    OK, so, you get stinkin' drunk and are having the time of your life. Then, you crash, crash hard and sleep until you wake up.
    You wake up, you're groggy and hung over and in a terrible mood.
    But wait, you gotta have a good cup of 'Joe', coffee, java, the morning after pick-me-up.

In KC, go to City Market Coffeehouse downtown at the market area, (around main and 3rd) . I installed a roaster there last year and they roast all their own coffees now. You'll be sure to get a good hot fresh cup to help you with your hangover!
    Good Luck.
    Kristi S.
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 712
    RE: Drunken silliness in KC 2003/10/14 16:54:18 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by SharonTriv

Fabulous shakes (which might not mix with the alcohol you plan to consume

If I were them, I'd just say 'the heck with it' and mix the booze in with the milkshake. Voila! Instant Mudslides!
    topferment
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 79
    RE: Drunken silliness in KC 2003/10/14 23:34:49 (permalink)
    For cheap drinks go to Kelly's in Westport or Tomfooleries(happy hour 5-7pm and 10-2am) on the Plaza. Classic Cup is a great place to get a drink and people watch on the Plaza.

Before you really hit the sauce you might want to try Rudy's Tenampa Taqueria on Westport Rd and State Line. Exceptional Mexican food and in my opinion the best Margarita in town.

Jerusalem Cafe always has a truck selling great gyros after hours in Westport. Or go to Chubby's(3756 Broadway) to soak up some of that liquor. The're open all night and have good burgers.

Sorry, can't help you with the dancers.
    1bbqboy
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4580
    RE: Drunken silliness in KC 2003/10/29 14:25:02 (permalink)
    Hope I'm not too late here, LG, but cruise the southwest Blvd. strip, and hit the bar on top of Westin crown center hotel. The Savoy Grill at 9th & Central is a great 100yr.old cafe with a bar, that deserves a birthday drink from your party. Grand Emporium is great before the bands start playing. Drinking establishments litter the landscape in westport and on the plaza. One you should hit is jimmy's jigger, at 39th and State Line. A bar I hope is still there by shawnee is at 55th and Merriam lane, should still be Rieke's. BB's lawnside BBQ is on 85th street east of Stroud's. Both have well stocked bars just waiting for a birthday girl party. Rouse's BBQ in shawnee has drive thru. Make that your opening stop. Supposed to be a new Mex/BBQ drive in on Rainbow south of 39th.A must stop is Go-Chicken-Go,ask for a wingpak and a gizzard pack + mashed potatoes and gravy-open late with drive thru at 7th St. north of Central in KCK, or Troost at about 57th street.
    Late Night eats: I long for Town Topic, 20th and broadway, open all night with eggs and fresh hamburgers, Nichol's lunch, at 39th and SW trafficway, a traditional meeting place of a wide array of residents who are up at 3:30 AM is always a good bet. Ask, your driver, he'll have some good ideas. For a birthday meal the next day you might consider this new place in Parkville called Piropos that serves Argentenian food. A notch above roadfood, but my friend back there says it is stupendous.
    .http://www.piroposkc.com/menu_printer.html
    Also consider Lidia's, downtown, and 40 sardines,
    http://www.fortysardines.com/ out in Johnson County for something besides stroud's and Q if you guys have a "real" meal later in the weekend. Don't forget, different laws apply in Ks.and Mo. 3:00 AM in Mo.
    SharonTriv
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 44
    RE: Drunken silliness in KC 2003/11/05 08:54:51 (permalink)
    LG--Did you have fun in KC? Where did you end up going for the birthday bash? Let's hear from you.
    Spudnut
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 655
    RE: Drunken silliness in KC 2003/11/05 09:47:20 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by SharonTriv

LG--Did you have fun in KC? Where did you end up going for the birthday bash? Let's hear from you.

Do they actually allow you to send e-mails from prison? It sounded like that was the only way this excursion could have ended up.
    Laughing Goddess
    Hamburger
    RE: Drunken silliness in KC 2003/11/06 21:12:57 (permalink)
    Sorry it's taken me so long to respond -- had a computer virus, I think I've fixed it now.

Anyway, no arrests for us that night! That's the whole point of having someone else drive -- to keep us out of any (serious) trouble.

Well, there were four of us in the limo along with the birthday girl, Sally. And it was one of those nights when nobody wanted to eat -- we just drank all night! I still can't believe we ate *nothing* that night.

The limo was nice - it had a big bar with glasses, coffee service, ice, water, mixers. We bought four cases of beer, two bottles of Hynotiq, two bottles of champagne, a bottle of rum... and more that I'm forgetting.

We mostly just cruised, listening to the great CD system and being really loud. The limo had a DVD player with a nice flat screen TV, but who wants to watch movies? We did go to one bar in Westport - can't remember the name -- but none of us liked it and we left after one drink.

Then, Sally wanted to hear Irish music, and someone suggested Blaney's in Westport. They didn't have Irish music that night but had blues instead, and both blues bands were great! One of them played "Mustang Sally" for the birthday girl -- oh, did we have a blast, dancing and drinking!

Next morning, my bra was gone, and I remembered that I had left it in the limo. So, there's some limo driver somewhere in the KC area today who's waving around a purple lace bra, telling his buddies some stories...
    Laughing Goddess
    Hamburger
    RE: Drunken silliness in KC 2003/11/06 21:16:02 (permalink)
    EEk! I forgot to thank everyone for their suggestions and good wishes -- thank you, Roadfooders! Even if we did end up to damn drunk to take any of your suggestions -- I'm filing them away for next time!

Thanks again,

Bonnie
    Bushie
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2902
    RE: Drunken silliness in KC 2003/11/06 22:12:08 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Laughing Goddess

Next morning, my bra was gone, and I remembered that I had left it in the limo. So, there's some limo driver somewhere in the KC area today who's waving around a purple lace bra, telling his buddies some stories...

Glad to hear you had a good time. Also, thanks for the "mental picture". I'll be having some good dreams tonight...
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1