Dumb questions of the day....

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
Author
Dr of BBQ
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3716
Re:Dumb questions of the day.... 2012/06/06 15:38:41 (permalink)
FriedTater

Dr. cool idea. Hope the young kid makes it to 6 paychecks!

I hope he does. He was so excited about getting a job that I was impressed. I don't know if I'll remember him if he comes back but I promise he told a couple of friends or family members about what went on. It was fun.
Dr of BBQ
Filet Mignon
Re:Dumb questions of the day.... 2012/06/06 15:47:13 (permalink)
Hot Dog Empire

That's awesome. Sometimes you never know what stay's in peoples head and what influence that it had on them.

A few years ago I used to drive the same route to this particular job site. Every day there was a homeless guy standing there with a "Homeless Vet" sign asking for money. After about a week, I timed the traffic light so I would be right next to him. He walked over with his cup and I asked him if he had any skills. He replied "No". I offered him a job as a laborer with a carpenters apprentice position in 3 months if he stuck around. He said "no, I cant." Which upset me because he was willing to stand there asking for a handout, but given the chance to change his life - was too much.

As he was walking away I commented about how he probably wasn't even a Vet but was playing on peoples patriotism. He just kept walking and I never seen him again. But i'm willing to bet that you'll see that kid again.

Well if he does come back I'll certainly ask how works is going. LOL The other part of your post is sad. I think those that lie about military status  or even inflate rank or rate deserve pity. It is an honor to serve your country and those that do deserve respect. Not that I have anything against those that didn't go but don't "not serve" and then lie that you did.
lornaschinske
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1610
Re:Dumb questions of the day.... 2012/06/06 20:09:20 (permalink)
Dr of BBQ

I have had a customer or two over the years ask if they could have extra BBQ on a sandwich. Yes I know what they want but it just grates me to no end. It's a transitive verb not a a noun. It's a process...and it makes me crazy, when someone ask for "More BBQ"!

Re-read this thread. Made me think of my daughter's boyfriend (we don't like him). Anyway, BBQ is not only a meat is it a method of cooking meat as well as a verb and a cooker. You eat BBQ (pork) that you BBQ'ed on the BBQ grill. BBQ is PORK BBQ, other meats must be specified as in Beef BBQ, Chicken BBQ, Turkey BBQ, etc. It's also an event ("We're gonna have a BBQ this Saturday. Y'all come and bring a veggie. How bringing some macaroni & cheese"). We have a hard time convincing my daughter's boyfriend that Mac & Cheese IS a vegetable. Everyone in the South knows BBQ is pork and Mac & Cheese is a vegetable. It's a Southern Thang!
Dr of BBQ
Filet Mignon
Re:Dumb questions of the day.... 2012/06/06 21:33:26 (permalink)
BBQ is a process.  If they want more on their sandwich it's either more brisket, more pulled pork, or more sauce.  If you invite someone to a BBQ it's just that - people partying while the chef is smoking or grilling meats.  You don't invite someone to a brisket or a rack of ribs, or a pulled pork.  You invite them to the process of making the meat of choice. LOL It still makes me crazy. People talk like that because they are lazy.

Another thing that drives me up a wall is "I'm going to change that (whatever item) out. Example: He changed the light bulb out. Grrrrr! Stop with the out. You may be taking one out and replacing it with a new item but that's it. Now I have to drink more beer to calm down. LMAO

Jack Out!
lornaschinske
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1610
Re:Dumb questions of the day.... 2012/06/07 13:14:54 (permalink)
I pick on my Michigan born husband all the time for his "Yankeeisms". He picks on me for what he calls "made up words".  And his family (all Yankees) literally can't understand what my NC mountain born & raised kids say. We have to translate.
Buck & Vi's
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 832
Re:Dumb questions of the day.... 2012/06/08 09:24:27 (permalink)
we have a pulled pork sandwich as a special maybe every 2 weeks, when we first offerd it I advertised it as pulled pork sandwich not B.B.Q pulled pork(because I didnt smoke it ...okay shastize me ...I....slow cooked it..)..anyways I was asked if it was B.B.Q  I  said define B.B.Q, he said does it have B.B.Q sauce on it..I said yup  sure does! I make about 20-25 lbs. and we sell out everytime  we offer them...go figger
Foodbme
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10324
Re:Dumb questions of the day.... 2012/06/09 04:24:16 (permalink)
Buck & Vi's
we have a pulled pork sandwich as a special maybe every 2 weeks, when we first offerd it I advertised it as pulled pork sandwich not B.B.Q pulled pork(because I didnt smoke it ...okay shastize me ...I....slow cooked it..)..anyways I was asked if it was B.B.Q  I  said define B.B.Q, he said does it have B.B.Q sauce on it..I said yup  sure does! I make about 20-25 lbs. and we sell out everytime  we offer them...go figger

Do you cook your pork in a crockpot? If so, you can always add a little BBQ Sauce to it so it gets absorbed into the meat.
jimmysmoot
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 21
Re:Dumb questions of the day.... 2012/06/14 11:24:58 (permalink)
amazing.. can't believe some people
Dr of BBQ
Filet Mignon
Re:Dumb questions of the day.... 2012/06/15 09:46:15 (permalink)
A Connecticut man knows how he likes his sandwich, and so does the 911 dispatcher who took his call on Wednesday afternoon complaining about how it was made.

“I specifically asked for little turkey, and little ham, a lot of cheese and a lot of mayonnaise and they are giving me a hard time. I wonder if you can stop by and just  …” he said when he called 911 from Greatful Deli in East Hartford on Wednesday afternoon.

The video is here
http://www.nbcconnecticut...h-Order-159090975.html
Buck & Vi's
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 832
Re:Dumb questions of the day.... 2012/06/17 10:13:43 (permalink)
Foodbme

Buck & Vi's

Do you cook your pork in a crockpot? If so, you can always add a little BBQ Sauce to it so it gets absorbed into the meat.

yes i use 2 of them,I have a special concoction that i put on while its cookin then a little liquid smoke at the end,, everyone seems to love em.
Foodbme
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10324
Re:Dumb questions of the day.... 2012/06/18 02:13:22 (permalink)
Dr of BBQ
A Connecticut man knows how he likes his sandwich, and so does the 911 dispatcher who took his call on Wednesday afternoon complaining about how it was made.
“I specifically asked for little turkey, and little ham, a lot of cheese and a lot of mayonnaise and they are giving me a hard time. I wonder if you can stop by and just  …” he said when he called 911 from Greatful Deli in East Hartford on Wednesday afternoon.
The video is here
http://www.nbcconnecticut...h-Order-159090975.html

This guy made National News Shows. Saw it on ABC World News - Diane Sawyer reported it!
post edited by Foodbme - 2012/06/18 02:16:11
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1