Eddie's Super Club- Great Falls Montana!!!!

Author
senor boogie woogie
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 239
2008/09/24 08:22:50 (permalink)

Eddie's Super Club- Great Falls Montana!!!!

Howdy!

http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Writeup.aspx?ReviewID=3315&RefID=3380
This is my favorite review on Roadfood.com

Has anyone ever ate at Eddie's Supper Club in Great Falls, Montana? I have looked at that page many times in the last few years salivating over that T-Bone steak. What a beautiful piece of meat.

Only $28 dollars too.

Tell me how snotty Ruth Chris' or those "upscale" joints have over this place?

Senor

7 Replies Related Threads

tavolo
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re:Eddie's Super Club- Great Falls Montana!!!! 2009/05/18 17:27:25 (permalink)

i lived in great falls and have been to this supper club many times. the food is great. believe it or not, they bring in some mighty fine lobster as well. expensive but still draws a pretty regular crowd. it's been a while so i don't know whether it has changed but it was a smoking restaurant so even the no smoking section has a lot of carry over. yes, the t-bone is so very very good. they have this steak marinade called campfire sauce or something like that which is used  to marinate the steaks. it gives the steak a wonderful taste. never been to ruth's chris. went to lawry's in chicago once and thought it was ok. johnny's cafe steakhouse in omaha is another mighty fine steakhouse. it's an old time place which has withstood the barage of new restaurants. it is good, old fashioned steak.
    buffetbuster
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10390
    Re:Eddie's Super Club- Great Falls Montana!!!! 2009/05/19 14:05:28 (permalink)
    Not eating at Eddie's is one of my big Roadfood regrets.  In the summer of 2007, I spent a week driving around Montana.  I was staying in Helena with dinner reservations for Eddie's that night.  But, it would have been close to 200 miles roundtrip and I cancelled because of being fatigued.  Boy, I wish I could have that to do over.  Looking forward to getting there someday!
    Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 13521
    Re:Eddie's Super Club- Great Falls Montana!!!! 2009/05/19 16:54:47 (permalink)
    I spent the night in Billings and I seriously considered the drive on up to the Cafe.  Like BuffetBuster, after a cocktail, I ate local which I regretted.

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN
    mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15303
    Re:Eddie's Super Club- Great Falls Montana!!!! 2009/05/20 18:00:22 (permalink)
    I have not had the opportunity to share the good meat at EDDIES, but hope to some day.

The second part of your question/comment is one I agree with wholeheartedly!!  I will NEVER step into a Morton's Steak House again. One time being treated like the poor country Rube they obviously thought I was, is all I will ever stand for. The servers and the Host were arrogant and rude and ignored us as much as possible, while fawning over neighboring parties in the over-crowded dining room. I have no experience at Any Ruth/Chris's outlet, but if they are run in the same 'manner' as Morton's I am not interested in trying them at all.

Doe's Eat Place on the other hand seems to serve outstanding meat with genuine friendly and competent service. I Highly recommend them..in Mississippi and Kentucky...and the comments I read about the Little Rock Ark store ranks with the other "Good" ones !
    phlmaestro
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 386
    Re:Eddie's Super Club- Great Falls Montana!!!! 2009/05/20 18:56:20 (permalink)
    mayor al
      The second part of your question/comment is one I agree with wholeheartedly!!  I will NEVER step into a Morton's Steak House again. One time being treated like the poor country Rube they obviously thought I was, is all I will ever stand for. The servers and the Host were arrogant and rude and ignored us as much as possible, while fawning over neighboring parties in the over-crowded dining room. I have no experience at Any Ruth/Chris's outlet, but if they are run in the same 'manner' as Morton's I am not interested in trying them at all.

My wife and I ate at Morton's here in Philly once and only because someone gave us a giftcard. I would give the giftcard away if I get another one. Not only was I not terribly impressed by the food, but that presentation the servers do at the beginning, where they basically wheel out all of the food on the menu, raw, and give a whole shpeel on what everything is was one of the stranger experiences I've had at a restaurant. It's one thing to show the various cuts of meat to diners beforehand, but do I really need to be shown a raw head of broccoli to know whether I want to order some?

My wife and I joked about our experience there for weeks after the meal; and not in complimentary terms.

post edited by phlmaestro - 2009/05/20 18:58:32
    PolsonGrizz
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 6
    Re:Eddie's Super Club- Great Falls Montana!!!! 2009/07/07 15:31:40 (permalink)
    Eddies is a landmark in GF. All restaurants  in MT have been non-smoking for a few years now.

As far as Ruths Chris, we ate at the one in Las Vegas and it was a complete waste of money, time and my taste buds.

Best lately has been Rosemary's in Las Vegas. A Prime steak that will make you cry. On Sundays all wine is %50 off so you can order bottles that you normally wouldn't.

http://www.rosemarysrestaurant.com/
    viking1470
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 5
    Re:Eddie's Super Club- Great Falls Montana!!!! 2009/07/31 13:48:27 (permalink)
    yep was there bout three years ago -- food was good, steaks were good and really good sized -- wife enjoyed the place -- kinda "cowboy" atmosphere if u know what I mean -- enjoy it yourself.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1