Hot!Eggs Benedict

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
Pancho
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 915
Re:Eggs Benedict 2014/02/07 19:59:55 (permalink)
MetroplexJim

Scorereader

MetroplexJim

If you find yourself in Dallas craving Eggs Benedict, try Benedict's.  Check the variety of Benedict-style dishes they do: 
http://benedicts-restaurant.com/benedicts_dallas/benedicts_breakfast_menu.html

We have been having Sunday breakfast there at least 20 times a year since 2005.  It never disappoints. 

My particular favorite is their Eggs Cordon Bleu.  And, they do a better pancake than the Original Pancake House.

Their other location is in Colorado.  Lucky them!

Nice!

I've usually seen the smoken salmon benedict called "Egg Norgwegian" or "Norwegian Benedict." and that was, for a long time, my favorit EB version, and I often made it at home - which pleased my wife, greatly, since she absolutely loves smoked salmon

But then, as you know Jim, the mid-atlantic is famous for it's local delicasy, and that delicasy combined with the benedict model is, by far, my favorite EB version, called "Eggs Chesapeake" or "Chesapeake Benedict" (or similar variation) which utilizes MD style crab cakes in lieu of the canadian bacon. Some places, who make a good crab cake to start, just knock it out of the park. It's so freaking delicious - it doesn't matter if the rest of the benedicts look or sound appetizing, I am getting the Chesapeake!  

Sadly, Texas is NOT for crabs.

Since moving here in 2005 I have ordered crabcakes twice; only one was truly decent @ the Oceanaire.  The other, served as a crabcake benedict at this place was spectacularily vile.  (The tiny specks of crab had a fishy taste and smell that somehow overwhelmed the grease and breading).

So, on every visit to our place in McLean, a pilgrimage to G&M is always on our list.  For a Chesapeake Benedict, restaurants in the Clyde's Group do a decent job. 
For sure about the Clyde's Group...they were after my time in McLean, but now I hear that they run my all time favorite place The Tombs (36th and Prospect)....I've been going there since they opened (not lately of course) in the early 60's.....35 cents for a cold schooner. Many wonderful stories...

Davydd
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6411
Re:Eggs Benedict 2014/02/08 09:42:36 (permalink)
Last fall we spent some time camping in and near Pagosa Springs, Durango, Silverton, Ouray and Telluride. We rode the narrow gauge railroad to Silverton and back to Durango and drove the Million Dollar Highway as well.
Turtle66
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 139
Re:Eggs Benedict 2014/02/11 19:10:33 (permalink)
I make a killer Crab Cake Egg's Benedict! 

MetroplexJim
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4274
Re:Eggs Benedict 2014/02/12 09:51:55 (permalink)
Pancho 

For sure about the Clyde's Group...they were after my time in McLean, but now I hear that they run my all time favorite place The Tombs (36th and Prospect)....I've been going there since they opened (not lately of course) in the early 60's.....35 cents for a cold schooner. Many wonderful stories...

The Clyde's Group has been a spectacular success in Metro D.C.  

Kudos and huge respect for John Laytham and the late Stu Davidson for growing one of the many "meet markets / fern bars" of the late '60's - '70's into a true restaurant empire which now includes many of the finer dining venues in Metro WDC.

post edited by MetroplexJim - 2014/02/12 09:52:56
hanvi
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 10
Re:Eggs Benedict 2014/02/14 17:44:46 (permalink)
I agree with Miss Shirleys in Baltimore having some of the best benedict I've ever tasted!
Davydd
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6411
Re:Eggs Benedict 2014/02/18 23:06:07 (permalink)
I mentioned The Pie Place in Grand Marais, MN earlier and that they had two choices. We were just up there this week for some winter activity and got 10 inches of snow in the bargain while holed up at the Harbor Inn. This time I had the Crab Cake Eggs Benedict, but only a half order. It was very good and again was served with cheesy hash browns.

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1