Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Eggs never get boring

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 39 of 39
MilwFoodlovers

• Total Posts: 3091
RE: Eggs never get boring Thu, 08/4/05 8:37 PM (permalink)
Whenever your Dr. says your cholesterol is getting dangerously low, I recommend this for breakfast. Fry some bacon, two slices will do, remove them, add salt and pepper to the pan and fry for about ten seconds, add a couple of tablespoons of flour and cook until golden, add your eggs and cook until desired doneness; I like once over lightly with a slice of American jalapeño cheese. Its quite a treat that I'll have a few times a year.

V960

• Total Posts: 2429
    RE: Eggs never get boring Sat, 08/6/05 9:46 AM (permalink)
    Slightly OT but this year's pullets are starting to lay. Double yolkers abound.

Always felt sorry for the hens...consider this...they give birth every day. No wonder they go bock, bock, bock when they hop off the nest after laying.

SoulOnFire

• Total Posts: 22
      RE: Eggs never get boring Mon, 08/8/05 3:18 PM (permalink)
      I just made some eggs today and even though it was simple,it was still awesome. Took four eggs,cooked em,chopped em while cooking,added some black pepper and onion powder,added four slices of cheese,added a liberal dashing of tabasco sauce on top of the cheese,mixed everything together,BAM! excellent lunch!

Pat T Hat

• Total Posts: 968
        RE: Eggs never get boring Tue, 05/23/06 11:34 PM (permalink)
        quote:
        Originally posted by Adjudicator

quote:
        Originally posted by chezkatie

quote:
        Originally posted by Adjudicator

Is there an "easy" way to make Scottish Eggs" ???

I am not sure what you mean by easy but here is my recipe. It IS much easier to bake rather than to fry them.

OVEN-STYLE SCOTCH EGGS

2 12 oz. packages breakfast sausage (I always use Jimmy Dean low-fat)
        bread crumbs
        12 hard-boiled eggs, peeled.....medium sized ones are easiest to work with
        2 eggs, beaten

Divide sausage into 12 portions. Sprinkle bread crumbs
        on dinner plate. Pat out each portion meat into a patty. Wrap
        completely around a hard-boiled egg, pressing edges together to
        seal. Roll into breadcrumbs and pat the crumbs onto the sausage meat.
        Roll into the beaten egg and place on well greased baking pan.
        Repeat with rest of eggs. Bake at 375 for about 40 minutes (until nicely browned).
        Eat them hot, cold or at room temp.

BINGO!!

How cool! Thank you! The only place I've ever had these was The Crows Nest in Cincinnati. I lived there for a time studying bourbons. Made them for myself a few times. I like your method so much better. I have seen them on menus here and there and at a few big fairs so they get around. Does anyone proclaim "The Worlds First(best) Scottish Egg"

AndreaB

• Total Posts: 1303
          RE: Eggs never get boring Thu, 05/25/06 7:16 AM (permalink)
          quote:
          Originally posted by dreamzpainter

over did "wildturkey" once...can't even look at a bottle now......

Amen Dreamzpainter --- I over did it with the whiskey once in teenaged years and no more whiskey for me!
          Re eggs, I could eat them every day in omelette form or scrambled with peppers and cheese and crumbled sausage and topped with salsa or Tabasco sauce.

Andrea

SassyGritsAL

• Total Posts: 1089
            RE: Eggs never get boring Fri, 05/26/06 11:33 AM (permalink)
            I have an egg sandwhich on plain bread w/may about twice a week. I use to take cold fried egg sandwhiches to lunch when I was a kid, and still love this to this day. If I am in a hurry in the am I run by Krystal and they will fix me an egg sandwhich on plain bread with a double side order of crisp bacon for about $2.50. Sometimes I just get a order of grits for 57 cents. Can't beat that.

Blower

• Total Posts: 69
              RE: Eggs never get boring Wed, 05/31/06 12:58 AM (permalink)
              Without a doubt I could eat eggs daily, no problem. Poached, fried(over medium), scrabmled, egg sandwiches, egg salad, breakfast burritos, smothered in sausage gravy (next to the biscuts), omlets, deviled, hard boiled with salt, benidict, I like them just about any way they can be cooked as long as they arent overcooked.

Bacon would have to rank up there too, there's really not much that wouldnt be better with bacon on/in it...

V960

• Total Posts: 2429
                RE: Eggs never get boring Thu, 06/8/06 9:42 AM (permalink)
                My seventeen year daughter made cupcakes last night for the last day of school. Used our eggs w/ the scary yellow yolks (from free ranging)...white cupcakes came out yellow from the yolks.

Whoppsie...as she would say.

Lonnie

• Total Posts: 1
                  RE: Eggs never get boring Sat, 06/10/06 12:33 AM (permalink)
                  Don't worry about the cholesterol! If you're not eating sugar and a lot of white flour, then good, natural fats (not messed with, not rancid) is great for you, as are eggs and lots of them. Read "The Schwarzbein Principle" to learn why. Dr. Schwarzbein's healing diet starts with eggs every single day, in as many different ways you feel like eating them.

I see no mention of Spain's "Tortilla de Patatas" otherwise known as a "Tortilla Española." They eat this every day, at any hour, all over Spain. You can get a slice of it with your wine at seven in the evening or have it inside a hard-crust bread for breakfast with your "cafe con leche." It's made simply with potatoes and onions that have been fried in oil (ideally olive) and drained, beaten eggs, and salt to taste. You can add bits of chorizo and/or sweet peppers if you like. The whole mess cooks for awhile in the frypan (use enough oil to prevent sticking), and then you do this flip with a plate and slide the uncooked top, now the bottom, into the pan to cook the other side. Eaten at any temperature, taken on picnics, whatever... it's a perfect food.

- Lonnie

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                    Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 39 of 39

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                    • No New Messages
                    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                    • Locked w/ New Messages
                    • Locked w/o New Messages
                    • Read Message
                    • Post New Thread
                    • Reply to message
                    • Post New Poll
                    • Submit Vote
                    • Post reward post
                    • Delete my own posts
                    • Delete my own threads
                    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com