Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Eggs never get boring

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 30 of 39
HughYeman

• Total Posts: 84
Eggs never get boring Wed, 05/18/05 11:26 AM (permalink)
I generally don't get bored with any particular food, and I consider that to be one my greatest blessings. Most every day since I was a young boy I've eaten two over-easy eggs for breakfast, which means I've consumed somewhere on the order of twenty thousand eggs during my lifetime. Yet I love eggs no less than I did when I was five years old. Each time I take that first bite of egg with buttered toast or bagel in the morning my reaction is something along the lines of "Wow, eggs ROCK!"

How many of you have foods you think you could eat every day throughout eternity without getting bored?

-Hugh

Lone Star

• Total Posts: 1730
    RE: Eggs never get boring Wed, 05/18/05 11:53 AM (permalink)
    I could eat crispy tacos every day of my life and never get tired of them.

Back to eggs. I have too many! The mother of my sons best friend keeps chickens and is always giving me eggs. I currently have three dozen in my fridge and am at a loss with what to do with all of them. We don't cook breakfast during the week and can only have omelettes for supper so many times before rebellion strikes.

I have made deviled eggs, egg salad and all kinds of salads with eggs. Any ideas anyone?

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17801
      RE: Eggs never get boring Wed, 05/18/05 12:25 PM (permalink)
      And when was the last time you made pasta alla carbonara?

Andoo

• Total Posts: 85
        RE: Eggs never get boring Wed, 05/18/05 12:41 PM (permalink)
        s. Although I don't eat them as much as you, I love them. I love them any way you can make them, fried, poached, scrambled, basted, baked, made into omlettes, quiches, well you get the idea. My seventeen year old son likes them even more than I do. I think he could eat them at least twice a day. They are indeed natures most perfect food.

aleswench

• Total Posts: 686
          RE: Eggs never get boring Wed, 05/18/05 12:50 PM (permalink)
          Lone Star: How about something in the dessert category? Something with custard uses alot of eggs: Creme Brulee? Coconut Custard Pie? Or how about a quiche - you could freeze it for a quick dinner or slice it up for easy lunches?

As for what I could eat everyday - mmmmm - I don't think there is anything. Usually when I get on eating jags of one certain thing I over do it and eat whatever it may be for too many days in a row, then I don't want to look at it again for months - sometimes even longer. Take candy corn for example - ate so much of it one year at Halloween that I cannot even smell the stuff now.

dreamzpainter

• Total Posts: 1609
            RE: Eggs never get boring Wed, 05/18/05 3:40 PM (permalink)
            over did "wildturkey" once...can't even look at a bottle now......

Rusty246

• Total Posts: 2413
              RE: Eggs never get boring Wed, 05/18/05 4:34 PM (permalink)
              quote:
              Originally posted by Lone Star

I could eat crispy tacos every day of my life and never get tired of them.

Back to eggs. I have too many! The mother of my sons best friend keeps chickens and is always giving me eggs. I currently have three dozen in my fridge and am at a loss with what to do with all of them. We don't cook breakfast during the week and can only have omelettes for supper so many times before rebellion strikes.

I have made deviled eggs, egg salad and all kinds of salads with eggs. Any ideas anyone?

Pickle some! Heck pickle me some..

GordonW

• Total Posts: 924
                RE: Eggs never get boring Wed, 05/18/05 4:57 PM (permalink)
                A food I don't get tired of? Does beer count as food?

RubyRose

• Total Posts: 2187
                  RE: Eggs never get boring Wed, 05/18/05 10:09 PM (permalink)
                  I'm like that with thinly sliced potatoes fried in bacon grease. Every time I eat them, I have to savor every single piece. They go great with:

Baked eggs - Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Put about a tablespoon of cooked sausage or ground up leftover ham in a custard cup. Break an egg over it and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add 1 teaspoon of milk. Bake for 15 minutes. Serve with a piece of toast. You can make them without meat, just butter the custard cup before adding the egg. You can sprinkle grated cheese on top or add a bit of herbs.

6star

• Total Posts: 4388
                    RE: Eggs never get boring Wed, 05/18/05 11:01 PM (permalink)
                    Lone Star: If you like Chinese, make Egg Drop Soup or Egg Foo Yung, or Fried Rice (most recipes take at least 2 eggs). To use egg whites, bake meringue-topped pies and meringue shells for fruit and make divinity candy. "Hide" a row of hard boiled eggs down the center of a meatloaf for a nice surprise. An old-time recipe is creamed eggs on toast (cut up hard boiled eggs in a cream sauce). Or, if all else fails, go to this website: http://www.aeb.org/recipes/index.html

sizz_leteen

• Total Posts: 118
                      RE: Eggs never get boring Thu, 05/19/05 9:18 PM (permalink)
                      I could definitely eat "my" baked salmon every day for the rest of my life and never get bored. My all-time favourite food. *^^*

tkitna

• Total Posts: 620
                        RE: Eggs never get boring Sat, 05/21/05 12:47 AM (permalink)
                        I could a hamburger every single day without a problem.

As for eggs, I despise them. I've never liked them from the time I was born. Just recently, I was able to eat potato salad and such without picking them out. I think its mental as I love a lot of foods that are made with eggs, but just cant stand the taste of them alone.

Adjudicator

• Total Posts: 5055
                          RE: Eggs never get boring Sat, 05/21/05 8:52 AM (permalink)
                          Is there an "easy" way to make Scottish Eggs" ???

Tristan Indiana

• Total Posts: 328
                            RE: Eggs never get boring Sat, 05/21/05 9:15 AM (permalink)
                            quote:
                            Originally posted by dreamzpainter

over did "wildturkey" once...can't even look at a bottle now......

The sickest I've ever been was one night in college when I mixed Wild Turkey and cheap Fox Deluxe beer. I may be a Boilermaker but I sure can't drink them.

chezkatie

• Total Posts: 1329
                              RE: Eggs never get boring Sat, 05/21/05 9:27 AM (permalink)
                              quote:
                              Originally posted by Adjudicator

I am not sure what you mean by easy but here is my recipe. It IS much easier to bake rather than to fry them.

OVEN-STYLE SCOTCH EGGS

2 12 oz. packages breakfast sausage (I always use Jimmy Dean low-fat)
                              bread crumbs
                              12 hard-boiled eggs, peeled.....medium sized ones are easiest to work with
                              2 eggs, beaten

Divide sausage into 12 portions. Sprinkle bread crumbs
                              on dinner plate. Pat out each portion meat into a patty. Wrap
                              completely around a hard-boiled egg, pressing edges together to
                              seal. Roll into breadcrumbs and pat the crumbs onto the sausage meat.
                              Roll into the beaten egg and place on well greased baking pan.
                              Repeat with rest of eggs. Bake at 375 for about 40 minutes (until nicely browned).
                              Eat them hot, cold or at room temp.

Adjudicator

RE: Eggs never get boring Sat, 05/21/05 9:57 AM (permalink)
                                quote:
                                Originally posted by chezkatie

quote:
                                Originally posted by Adjudicator

I am not sure what you mean by easy but here is my recipe. It IS much easier to bake rather than to fry them.

OVEN-STYLE SCOTCH EGGS

2 12 oz. packages breakfast sausage (I always use Jimmy Dean low-fat)
                                bread crumbs
                                12 hard-boiled eggs, peeled.....medium sized ones are easiest to work with
                                2 eggs, beaten

Divide sausage into 12 portions. Sprinkle bread crumbs
                                on dinner plate. Pat out each portion meat into a patty. Wrap
                                completely around a hard-boiled egg, pressing edges together to
                                seal. Roll into breadcrumbs and pat the crumbs onto the sausage meat.
                                Roll into the beaten egg and place on well greased baking pan.
                                Repeat with rest of eggs. Bake at 375 for about 40 minutes (until nicely browned).
                                Eat them hot, cold or at room temp.

BINGO!!

Hogbody

• Total Posts: 29
                                  RE: Eggs never get boring Tue, 07/5/05 7:40 PM (permalink)
                                  I am with Gordon...it has to be "Beer"

mr chips

• Total Posts: 4715
                                    RE: Eggs never get boring Wed, 07/6/05 3:32 AM (permalink)
                                    Cheese. It is always good.

jerseygirl127

• Total Posts: 454
                                      RE: Eggs never get boring Wed, 07/6/05 10:51 AM (permalink)
                                      this is very similar to a conversation that we have around the dinner table sometimes..
                                      "if you were stranded on an island and could only have one or two foods with you - what would it/they be?"

mine is always the same-- pizza and beer-- i could eat pizza 3 times a day 24/7... love it...

good topic...:)

V960

• Total Posts: 2429
                                        RE: Eggs never get boring Wed, 07/20/05 6:22 PM (permalink)
                                        Eggs, the perfect food. We keep chickens and usually have quiche once per week and deviled eggs in the frig all the time. Pickled eggs we make on the weekends and sell to the local bars. Much higher profit margin than selling raw eggs.

2005Equinox

• Total Posts: 219
                                          RE: Eggs never get boring Fri, 07/29/05 2:08 AM (permalink)
                                          I love sunny size up eggs. Or omelets. Eggs have to be over easy. I dont like them too done.

GordonW

• Total Posts: 924
                                            RE: Eggs never get boring Fri, 07/29/05 3:02 AM (permalink)
                                            Eggs never get boring?? Why are there so frickin' many recipes for how to to cook them?? ....Not always my favorite....

AndreaB

• Total Posts: 1303
                                              RE: Eggs never get boring Fri, 07/29/05 7:20 AM (permalink)
                                              I love fried eggs on buttery toast, and I also love omlettes
                                              filled with cheese, onions, and jalapenos and covered in salsa.
                                              Food I could eat every day? Pad Thai with extra peanuts, bean sprouts, and green onions and made very hot.

Andrea

RubyRose

• Total Posts: 2187
                                                RE: Eggs never get boring Fri, 07/29/05 10:13 AM (permalink)
                                                If I have leftover mashed potatoes, sometimes I make a nest of them in buttered muffin tins or custard cups, then break an egg into the nest, sprinkle with salt, pepper and a little bit of butter and bake at 375 for about 10 minutes. Chopped up or ground ham mixed in with the potatoes is even better.

Jennifer_4

• Total Posts: 1508
                                                  RE: Eggs never get boring Fri, 07/29/05 10:52 AM (permalink)
                                                  Lone Star: Don't forget stratas..layer bread with veggies/meats/cheeses and pour over a mixture of eggs and milk.

The thing I could eat forever and not get tired of it? Pizza

And another egg dish I made this morning.. homemade breakfast sandwiches... fried eggs with ham and cheese on toasted buns.

V960

• Total Posts: 2429
                                                    • Location: Kannapolis area, NC
                                                    RE: Eggs never get boring Thu, 08/4/05 1:04 PM (permalink)
                                                    Poached on cornbeef hash.

chezkatie

• Total Posts: 1329
                                                      • Location: Baltimore and Florida,
                                                      RE: Eggs never get boring Thu, 08/4/05 1:35 PM (permalink)
                                                      quote:
                                                      Originally posted by V960

Poached on cornbeef hash.

Poached; on HOMEMADE corned beef hash

dreamzpainter

• Total Posts: 1609
                                                        • Location: jacksonville, FL
                                                        RE: Eggs never get boring Thu, 08/4/05 7:42 PM (permalink)
                                                        I used to say eggs are the one thing noone can mess up, even the airforce chowhall cooks couldn't mess up an omolet at 3am but then the wife tried to shortcut the egg salad procedure by putting everything in the blender (I like my eggsalad chopped fine) eggs, mayo and onion all went in the container, a couple taps on the blend button and....................... a liquid egg sauce? juice? gravy?something or other, that a dozen (hand chopped) eggs later was STILL to liquid to make a sandwich... there's a reason the kids would meet me at the door screaming, "mom made dinner, can we go to McDonalds"

Adjudicator

• Location: Tallahassee, FL
                                                          RE: Eggs never get boring Thu, 08/4/05 7:49 PM (permalink)
                                                          quote:
                                                          Originally posted by dreamzpainter

I used to say eggs are the one thing noone can mess up, even the airforce chowhall cooks couldn't mess up an omolet at 3am but then the wife tried to shortcut the egg salad procedure by putting everything in the blender (I like my eggsalad chopped fine) eggs, mayo and onion all went in the container, a couple taps on the blend button and....................... a liquid egg sauce? juice? gravy?something or other, that a dozen (hand chopped) eggs later was STILL to liquid to make a sandwich... there's a reason the kids would meet me at the door screaming, "mom made dinner, can we go to McDonalds"

MMMMMMMMM. Egg juice...

tacchino

• Total Posts: 560
                                                            • Joined: 11/13/2004
                                                            • Location: New York City, NY
                                                            RE: Eggs never get boring Thu, 08/4/05 7:58 PM (permalink)
                                                            I'm with AndreaB; I could eat Pad Thai until I explode...but the category of food that I could eat and never get sick of is chicken livers, cooked anyway, anyhow....I'll devour pates, fried with onions and bacon, etc. I have to absolutely stay away from the stuff at special occasions when it is presented as an hors d'oeuvre, because I will literally polish over a pint of it without blinking!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 30 of 39

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com