Eisenberg's Sandwich---NYC

Author
stanpnepa
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 577
2003/11/07 07:45:38 (permalink)

Eisenberg's Sandwich---NYC

Thanks Michael for the honest write-up. I had been to Eisenberg's a little over a year ago and was equally disappointed. The matsoh ball soup was just OK---nothing special. The tuna sandwich was loaded with too much mayo and was still flat tasting. So that's two bad days.

Still though, the atmosphere is an old world delight. The staff, very willing ("you want the Times, hun?")...and even with all of our coats touching...my counter-mates quite friendly. Best of all was finding the bathroom ("through the back...down the elevator, turn left...turn right, there it is)".

I don't regret the $8 cab ride, but I should've taken the subway up to Barney Greengrass. Hopefully, Eisenberg's will bounce back.

2 Replies Related Threads

marberthenad
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 509
    RE: Eisenberg's Sandwich---NYC 2003/11/08 17:38:40 (permalink)
    that's too bad about eisenberg's -- never tried it while i lived in new york. barney's is always reliable -- smoked whitefish and eggs ... mmmmm whitefish.
    Spudnut
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 655
    RE: Eisenberg's Sandwich---NYC 2003/11/13 15:25:46 (permalink)
    To me, Eisenberg's has always been a classic case of the Emperor having no clothes. I've gone periodically over nearly 20 years, and have never understood the raves for its tuna sandwich. It's perfectly fine, but I never found it better than any diner on any corner. Anyone else I know who has gone there has always felt the same thing.

Hmmm...maybe "Emperor has no clothes" would make a good new thread....
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1