El Charro in Knoxville

Author
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 13565
2004/01/29 06:45:09 (permalink)

El Charro in Knoxville

El Charro on Bearden Hill in Knoxville has just moved into its new restaurant which is directly across the street from its old site which it has been in for at least 20 years. It has received the award for Knoxville's best Mexican restaurant for many years in a row. It is very authenic and the food is always tasty. The chips which they serve with every meal are always hot and crispy and the salsa is very tasty and a little bit on the hot side. Their tamales are great and the chimi's are even better.

They have two other locations. One is in the Farragut area and the other on is on Campus.

Just thought I would give you and update for those who might have an interest.

http://www.easttennesseedining.com/elcharro.html

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN

6 Replies Related Threads

Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    RE: El Charro in Knoxville 2004/02/27 17:49:52 (permalink)
    For those of you in the Knoxville area that are interested, I had lunch at the El Charro 's new location at the top of Bearden Hill. They just moved ther from across the street and they did a neat job with their new site with improved parking and a much improved restaurant as far as appearance goes.

The food is the same, thank goodness. It is wonderful. I had the Chimi with beef, a friend had the tamales and another had the hueverno with eggs.

As usual, the chips were fresh and hot and the salsa is super with a mild hot flavor.

This is a great stop. It has been rated as the top Mexican place in Knoxville for several years.

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN
    Sundancer7
    Fire Safety Admin
    RE: El Charro in Knoxville 2004/03/05 19:21:11 (permalink)
    Had lunch today again at El Charro's and today I had the beef Chimi, double rice, no beans, salad with guaco, tomato and sour cream. The chips were hot and the salsa was great.

The Sundancer guarantees that if you do lunch or dinner in Knoxville, you will find this wonderful find on top of Bearden Hill one of the best mexican restaurants you have ever visited.

Paul E. smith
    Knoxville, TN
    carlton pierre
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2500
    RE: El Charro in Knoxville 2004/10/03 19:34:12 (permalink)
    An interesting little side trip. There's a little hole-in-the-wall place called "Taco de Mexico" just off the interstate. It's very authentic, the people barely understand english. excellent burritos and other foods.

carl reitz
    carlton pierre
    RE: El Charro in Knoxville 2004/11/17 13:55:54 (permalink)
    I had lunch today at Taco de Mexico, at the Baxter Ave exit off I-275 today. A beef burrito and beef taco. Burrito is the biggest burrity you have ever seen and incredibly delicious. Lots of beef and rice with a nice touch of spice and cilantro. Taco kind of the same way, both excellent. very inexpensive, less than $5 for both. A true roadfood mexican establishment.
    Sundancer, burritos only here, no chimi's. Hope you'll try it.

carl reitz
    rabid_child
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 6
    RE: El Charro in Knoxville 2004/11/22 16:55:57 (permalink)
    Boy oh boy, do I miss El Charro (what, and there's room to park now too?)! Since moving to Connecticut, I've been pining for decent Mexican. The stuff here is absolutely horrid.

Has anyone tried Señor Taco on N. Broadway?

It may look a bit campy (especially the sign - a mustachioed, sombrero-wearing taco), but the tacos really are fantastic. Fresh soft corn tortillas with your choice of filling (and they have a nifty little selection; carnitas, lingua, chorizo, adovada, carne asada) and a little caso blaco. Nothing fancy. They've also got a salsa bar, so you can choose your own to go with the complimenty chips.

carlton pierre
    RE: El Charro in Knoxville 2004/11/22 17:26:43 (permalink)
    Yeah, I like Senor Taco. And you're right, the salsa bar is neat and unique in Knoxville. My wife was less enthusiastic so I'll have to go alone. There are a couple of Mexican places on Broadway near Senor Taco.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1