CDkitchen has a copycat recipe. Not sure how close it comes as I have never had the real thing.
And here it is:
El Torito Chicken Enchiladas
CDKitchen http://www.cdkitchen.com Serves/Makes
: 8 | Difficulty Level
: 3 | Ready In
: 30-60 minutes
3/4 pound Shredded Cooked Chicken
1 medium Onion -- Chopped
28 ounces El Torito Fire Roasted Green Chili Sauce
1 1/2 cup Sour Cream -- Optional
12 Whole Corn Tortillas -- 6 "
1 1/2 cup Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
1 1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese -- Optional
Vegetable Oil For Softening Tortillas
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In bowl combine chicken and onion.
3. In another bowl, combine enchilada sauce and sour cream, if desired.
4. Add about 3/4 cup of sauce to the chicken mixture.
5. To soften corn tortillas, place a small amount of oil in skillet. Heat oil until hot.
6. Carefully dip each corn tortilla in oil;5 seconds per side to soften. Drain on paper towel.
7. Spread a small amount of Enchilada sauce over bottom of baking dish.
8. Evenly divide chicken mixture down center of each tortilla.
9. Roll tortillas up and place seam-side down onto baking dish.
10. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over tortillas.
11. Sprinkle with cheese, if desired. Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until hot.
Recipe Location: http://www.cdkitchen.com/..._Enchiladas31441.shtml
Recipe ID: 12346 Don't forget to stop back at CDKitchen and write a review or upload a picture of this recipe!
This recipe is from CDKitchen http://www.cdkitchen.com
© 1995-2010 CDKitchen, Inc.