Ellen's Nashville report (with PICS !) part 1

Author
ellen4641
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3531
2007/05/01 23:59:38 (permalink)

Ellen's Nashville report (with PICS !) part 1

Hi fellow Roadfood buddies,
We sure had an incredible time, did'nt we ?!?
And for those of you who could'nt make it, you can also experience it
(vicariously) through my pics...

Our Gray Line chartered bus is about to take off.
Al the Mayor is in dead center with white T-shirt

That's me; discovered at last !

I met some wonderful people , including my new special friend Steve K, (aka travelin' man) in dead center (proudly wearing his Shiner beer T-shirt bought during the Austin Roadfood Tour.

My first meal of the day was this succulent fried chicken from the Loveless Cafe. Yes, it was even on their breakfast menu, under the "a la carte" section. The hash brown casserole is in the back right.
And of course, their famous and delicious biscuits.
It was too nice to sit inside, so I had a quick meal outside at the picnic table before our bus took off.

Our first bus stop was Pucketts Grocery, out in the countryside.
We were too early for their burgers (shucks), so I just had a biscuit and some fried cornbread that tasted like it was sitting around too long. I was very grateful when Michael Stern offered me a taste of his chocolate chess pie. It was good, but very rich, so one taste really hit the spot!
In this pic, there is Jay on the far left (yellow shirt). He flew all the way from Los Angeles for our Nashville tour.
There's Jane, of course, in black shirt to the right of Jay.

In the far right, in green polo shirt is Bruce , also from my home state of NJ. I found out he writes a lot of the Roadfood "reviews" for our great website.

There's Jane and Michael Stern in line at Pucketts. Bruce from NYC is in blue polo shirt in back of them. I enjoyed schmoozing with him, as well.

There I am with Jane and Michael. They were both so warm and unpretentious. I like the way Jane gave me a nice little hug when we all said our final goodbyes.
(goodbye for now, anyway)

Lovely Jane, once again.

Stayed tuned for Part 2 coming up tomorrow, Wednesday...

Happy Roadfood!
Ellen

17 Replies Related Threads

mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15278
    RE: Ellen's Nashville report (with PICS !) part 1 2007/05/02 00:28:11 (permalink)
    Nice job Ellen. Keep those photos coming. Here's one of You at the brunch with Stevekoe

Twinwillow
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5075
    RE: Ellen's Nashville report (with PICS !) part 1 2007/05/02 00:55:35 (permalink)
    Ellen, what great pictures! I'm sorry now I didn't do this trip. I had the great pleasure of meeting Al, and his wife and some of the other roadfoodies at the Austin BBQ tour.
    I'll try not to miss this one next time. Your pictures are always great.
    doggydaddy
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1847
    RE: Ellen's Nashville report (with PICS !) part 1 2007/05/02 06:22:17 (permalink)

ellen,

Nice to see you posting again and recently. As always, you manage to take great photos, and hey, you look good in them too... Looks like you and the others had fun.

I would like to petition that one of the next tours be a Connecticut/ Boston Post Rd. drive that is actually a circle that heads up RT 8 to Hwy 84 west to RT 7 south. It is a nice sized loop with great hot dogs, pizza, belly clams and the opportunity to decide which type of lobster roll is better, hot or cold......

mark
    ChiTownDiner
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2942
    RE: Ellen's Nashville report (with PICS !) part 1 2007/05/02 07:42:14 (permalink)
    Ellen - Great pix! We had 2 orders of the hash brown casserole at the Loveless and it received alot of compliments and was definately in our top 3 foods. Thanks for sharing!
    wanderingjew
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7836
    RE: Ellen's Nashville report (with PICS !) part 1 2007/05/02 08:06:45 (permalink)
    Ellen,

Great Report and Pics,

wish I had been there with you guys, but between Austin back in February, NYC this weekend and then my big baseball trip on the west coast in a few weeks, finances and time didn't allow it.
    buffetbuster
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10285
    RE: Ellen's Nashville report (with PICS !) part 1 2007/05/02 09:11:41 (permalink)
    Ellen-

Excellent report! That is great that you had such a good time. I almost feel like I was there. Oh wait, I was. (I'm the guy in yellow in the first photo). I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you. I remember seeing you, but didn't know who you were. If you go next year, I will definitely say hello.
    ellen4641
    Filet Mignon
    RE: Ellen's Nashville report (with PICS !) part 1 2007/05/02 09:31:11 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by doggydaddy

ellen,

Nice to see you posting again and recently. As always, you manage to take great photos, and hey, you look good in them too... Looks like you and the others had fun.

I would like to petition that one of the next tours be a Connecticut/ Boston Post Rd. drive that is actually a circle that heads up RT 8 to Hwy 84 west to RT 7 south. It is a nice sized loop with great hot dogs, pizza, belly clams and the opportunity to decide which type of lobster roll is better, hot or cold......

mark

Thanks for the kind words, Mark! Hope all is well with you up there in Waterbury.

I'm game for a Connecticut Roadfood Tour !!
    ellen4641
    Filet Mignon
    RE: Ellen's Nashville report (with PICS !) part 1 2007/05/02 09:33:52 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by buffetbuster

Ellen-

Excellent report! That is great that you had such a good time. I almost feel like I was there. Oh wait, I was. (I'm the guy in yellow in the first photo). I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you. I remember seeing you, but didn't know who you were. If you go next year, I will definitely say hello.

I always enjoy reading your posts, Wandering Jew...
    and guess what !?! It looks like we'll be meeting even sooner than you thought. As I plan to go on some kind of NYC pizza tour (non Roadfood event) on Sunday , and word has it YOU will be there !!
    wanderingjew
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7836
    RE: Ellen's Nashville report (with PICS !) part 1 2007/05/02 09:47:14 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by ellen4641

quote:
    Originally posted by buffetbuster

Ellen-

I always enjoy reading your posts, Wandering Jew...
    and guess what !?! It looks like we'll be meeting even sooner than you thought. As I plan to go on some kind of NYC pizza tour (non Roadfood event) on Sunday , and word has it YOU will be there !!

Cool!

I didn't know you were attending... I wonder who else will be there that I'm not aware of
    tarragon
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 354
    RE: Ellen's Nashville report (with PICS !) part 1 2007/05/02 10:53:34 (permalink)
    Thanks for the report & the pics, Ellen4641!! Sound like everyone had a great time and had some wonderful foods, that's always good. Thanks again for sharing with us.
    Davydd
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6373
    RE: Ellen's Nashville report (with PICS !) part 1 2007/05/02 13:36:03 (permalink)
    I missed all this for the sake of a tenderloin in the middle of Iowa. We are heading out in a week and a half for about a 5,000 mile tour. It wasn't in the cards this year. Maybe next year.
    UncleVic
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6025
    RE: Ellen's Nashville report (with PICS !) part 1 2007/05/02 14:22:27 (permalink)
    Thanks Ellen... For those that couldn't make it, it's nice to see what we missed..
    Rick F.
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1736
    RE: Ellen's Nashville report (with PICS !) part 1 2007/05/02 14:37:20 (permalink)
    Outstanding, darlin'! I'll get my pics organized and posted ASAP, but with yours as good as they are, there really isn't much point.

Rick F.--who made all y'all late!
    ChiTownDiner
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2942
    RE: Ellen's Nashville report (with PICS !) part 1 2007/05/02 16:25:40 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Rick F.

Outstanding, darlin'! I'll get my pics organized and posted ASAP, but with yours as good as they are, there really isn't much point.

Rick F.--who made all y'all late!

Rick - you weren't late, we were just early...and maybe, hungry!
    mr chips
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4727
    RE: Ellen's Nashville report (with PICS !) part 1 2007/05/02 16:48:16 (permalink)
    Great photos, Ellen. It was a blast meeting you.
    lostnthemail
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 427
    RE: Ellen's Nashville report (with PICS !) part 1 2007/05/02 19:43:37 (permalink)
    Sorry Cheryl & I missed the morning tour. We should have done both!.

I dropped your pics in the mail Monday. Also, the Mayor will have my CD & hopefully will get my afternoon photos posted. He's such a good mayor - He's got my vote!!!

Thanks for sharing your day with us!!

mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15278
    RE: Ellen's Nashville report (with PICS !) part 1 2007/05/02 19:57:58 (permalink)
    I am pleased to be able to help. I will edit the photos from the cd onto one of your posts so be ready to put captions with the photos. If you need help with that I will walk you thru a couple on the phone..after that it is easy to do.
    AL
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1