Endive boats

Author
meowzart
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 773
2003/11/03 20:42:16 (permalink)

Endive boats

So I am having some co-workers over for brunch. One of the things I would like to serve are filled Belgian endive leaves...aka endive boats. I am thinking about filling them with gorgonzola and pecans and maybe drizzled with a simple shallot vinaigrette. But does anybody else have any ideas? How about goat cheese and roasted red pepper or pimientos?

Meowzart

4 Replies Related Threads

Mayhaw Man
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 589
    RE: Endive boats 2003/11/03 22:41:32 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by meowzart

So I am having some co-workers over for brunch. One of the things I would like to serve are filled Belgian endive leaves...aka endive boats. I am thinking about filling them with gorgonzola and pecans and maybe drizzled with a simple shallot vinaigrette. But does anybody else have any ideas? How about goat cheese and roasted red pepper or pimientos?

Meowzart

Actually, I do, but they are along the same lines as your thinking, just with a little twist probably frowned on my the Heart Association

Use heavy cream (whipping) in a one to one ratio with the gorgonzola. Whip the cream until @ soft peaks and add the gorgonzola. Whip until smooth and stiff (whooohooo" />....uggghh sorry, I got carried away) fold in pecans at the last minute.

You won't believe it until you try it. Great as a filler for veg or as a dip with garlicky bread sticks. I make this for various pot lucks and hollow out a huge bread round and fill it with the gorgonzola/cream mixture. Then jam a bunch of breadsticks in it and Voila! Easy and fun to look at dip that tastes good.

You can also add all sorts of stuff to it nuts, capers, pimentos, bell pepper, etc.
    EliseT
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2880
    RE: Endive boats 2003/11/04 02:49:53 (permalink)
    I fill them with shrimp salad or corn salad...yum!
    dendan
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 479
    RE: Endive boats 2003/11/04 12:20:44 (permalink)
    A mix of crab meat (1 small can), cream cheese about 8 oz and sour cream 6 oz. Wonderful on your boats.
    lleechef
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6722
    RE: Endive boats 2003/11/04 13:15:08 (permalink)
    Add a thin slice of pear on top of the above mentioned cream/gorgonzola/pecan filling, the pear compliments the cheese very nicely. Another good one is whipped (whooohooo here we go again ) cream cheese with smoked salmon, chopped walnuts, lemon, grated onion and chopped chives.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1