Enjoying dinner with Mayor Al at Latham's

Author
Bobs
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 244
2009/09/25 10:35:49 (permalink)

Enjoying dinner with Mayor Al at Latham's

My wife and I had the pleasure of enjoying dinner with Al and Janet at Latham's in Jackson TN. last night. They were passing through the area as part of a weekend trip. We had a great time talking over an assortment of ribs, chicken,bologna, brisket and  pulled pork. The food was great and we had a lot of fun exchanging stories. Paul Latham and his right hand man Tim, gave us a tour and showed us how they cook over real food the way his family has done so for mamy,many years. They are one of the last to use this authentic method. No metal cookers at this establihment. Looking forward to seeing Al's trip report when he gets home. You have to dine with Al if you ever get the chance. He is fun and has a ton of stories to share.

4 Replies Related Threads

buffetbuster
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10517
    Re:Enjoying dinner with Mayor Al at Latham's 2009/09/25 13:34:07 (permalink)
    Bobs-
    Thanks for the report.  It sounds like you all had a wonderful time together.  Al called me yesterday, just to tell me how good the catfish and especially the pies were at Catfish Hotel in Shiloh, TN.  Can't wait to see the photos!
    mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15335
    Re:Enjoying dinner with Mayor Al at Latham's 2009/09/27 02:20:50 (permalink)
    The report is under construction right now !! I must apologize to our new (and yet-to-meet) RF friend (JEN) in Paducah, KY. We were looking forward to checking out the festival there, but a combination of sudden thunderstorms and very large crowds of people caused us to change our plans and head east out of town Friday. I don't do well walking on slippery pavement and in warm humid air !!  We are sorry that we missed the event, as we could see several blocks in the rain, the crowds were quite large.  Maybe next year !!
    Watch for our trip report. We really had a nice ride this weekend!
    post edited by mayor al - 2009/09/27 02:22:52
    JensShelbyGT
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 17
    Re:Enjoying dinner with Mayor Al at Latham's 2009/09/27 22:41:44 (permalink)
    No need to apologize Mayor. The rain kept a lot of people away for the first couple of days, but after the rain moved out the people rolled in. That humidity was killer!

My hubby's brother's team, Highway Ribbery, took first place with their chicken this year. They won the backyard chicken catagory and they were stoked. lol

I was keeping an eye out for you two. Hope you can make it next year. Take care.
    The Travelin Man
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3766
    Re:Enjoying dinner with Mayor Al at Latham's 2009/09/28 17:33:07 (permalink)
    buffetbuster

Bobs-
    Thanks for the report.  It sounds like you all had a wonderful time together.  Al called me yesterday, just to tell me how good the catfish and especially the pies were at Catfish Hotel in Shiloh, TN.  Can't wait to see the photos!

Al was definitely working the phones.  He called me as I was on my way to a work event, but snuck in the recommendations for the Catfish House.  I don't know when I will be out that way again, but I am already looking forward to it!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1