Eph McNally's Corned Beef-Corktown

Author
divisiongoddi
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 3
2005/09/16 21:18:14 (permalink)

Eph McNally's Corned Beef-Corktown

This quirky little restaurant in Corktown offers the best Corned Beef Sandwich I've ever had.By itself it's about a 5-6 oz. portion. Its hand roasted and melts in your mouth with each bite: never fatty or salty, just pure heaven, tasting warm out of the oven. Your table gets a jar of pickle spears and tongs to nibble while you wait for your food. Try it on their rye bread (made at some local mystery bakery. Fantastic!) Meals are lunch only, but worth holding off on breakfast to dive into one of these sandwiches.
Service is quick once you get your table, so grab a magazine off the rack or check out the decor with is a mix of lunch boxes, detroit murals, old milton bradley games scattered on the walls with a dusting of antiques. There's only about 20 two-tops in the place and the servers will remove you from a table if someone was waiting before you..Not a seat yourself kinda place. All of the sandwiches are fantastic here, breads superb with homemade soups daily.
About 2 blocks south of michigan and trumbull (old tiger stadium) turn left (east). go one block and turn south again and park before the street T's off or on the side street.
I grew up with a lot of genuine kosher deli's in the area and surround and theirs is the best I've had in years.
new this year a website: www.ephmcnallys.com : preview the menu, order your food to go, get a map, choose your sammich for your go, etc.

enjoy!

6 Replies Related Threads

chezkatie
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1329
    RE: Eph McNally's Corned Beef-Corktown 2005/09/16 22:13:00 (permalink)
    Sounds wonderful but I cannot take any post seriously where something as great as you described is labeled a "Sammich"........What in the world is a sammich?
    wheregreggeats.com
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4604
    RE: Eph McNally's Corned Beef-Corktown 2005/09/16 22:40:18 (permalink)
    I can.

Next time I'm there, I'll have to decide between a coney at Lafayette or a sammich.

divisiongoddi
    Junior Burger
    RE: Eph McNally's Corned Beef-Corktown 2005/09/17 09:50:33 (permalink)
    what ya say when your mouth is full of the aforementioned corned beef or uneducated such as I...
    quote:
    Originally posted by chezkatie

Sounds wonderful but I cannot take any post seriously where something as great as you described is labeled a "Sammich"........What in the world is a sammich?
    Willly
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 396
    RE: Eph McNally's Corned Beef-Corktown 2005/09/17 10:18:09 (permalink)
    I'm a little confused as to the meaning of "hand roasted" corned beef...
    divisiongoddi
    Junior Burger
    RE: Eph McNally's Corned Beef-Corktown 2005/09/17 10:29:49 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Willly

I'm a little confused as to the meaning of "hand roasted" corned beef...

They cook this themselves. No little packages with rubbery pinky stuff that purports to be corn beef. Hand seasoned, hand corned, hand baked, carried to the kitchen wafting warm scent of their spices mingling with the air...hand sliced and hand made to your order. A prideful plate of something wonderful aimed at your taste buds. Real food here.
    chezkatie
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1329
    RE: Eph McNally's Corned Beef-Corktown 2005/09/17 10:39:48 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by divisiongoddi

what ya say when your mouth is full of the aforementioned corned beef or uneducated such as I...
    quote:
    Originally posted by chezkatie

LOL..........You got me good! Truly, it does sound like a wonderful sandwich.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1