Epilogue- 2010 Glee Club Charleston Meet n Greet aka "And then there were 2" finale

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
wanderingjew
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 7679
Re:Epilogue to 2010 Glee Club Charleston Meet n Greet aka "And then there were 2" 2010/05/15 21:01:46 (permalink)
Tuesday February 16 Continued

We made it back to Melbourne in time to meet Travelin Man's friends and coworkers for dinner at
Bonefish Willy's

a seafood restaurant with a nice waterview

and nautical motif

I started out with the gumbo

and we shared a crabcake appetizer with a remoulade sauce

Talk about deja vu, this reminded me of the same crabcake I shared with my (ex) girlfriend 6 weeks later at Tavern By The Sea here in Wicford RI.  Let's just say this ain't Maryland....

For my main course, I ordered the Cobia Special - obviously a local fish since I never heard of it before....

The fish was prepared with a pesto based sauce. The fish itself was excellent, it reminded me of swordfish, however I should have realized I'm not  a fan of pesto. In my fantasty world, this fish would have been perfect had it been prepared jerk style with a papaya based salsa- but that's in my perfect world

For dessert  I had the Key Lime Pie

It was good, but different from Saltwater Cowboy's version which I preferred over this one

However someone, I can't remember who, had an even better apple pie

After dinner we ended up going to a multi tap beer bar before calling it a night..

Wednesday February 17

The last day of the trip. I got up early, packed my belongings and went back to No Frills Coffee House and then we had one last stop before I was to head back to the airport.

Old Spanish Sugar Mill Grill and Griddlehouse
about 90 minutes away in De Leon Springs.

DeLeon Springs is a state park containing a huge natural sulphur spring which maintains a temperature in the 70's all year round

This was where local Floridians would go for vacation before the Mouse made his entrance unto the world

There was at least a 30 or 45 minute wait when we entered the Restaurant

So we walked around the park and checked the place out

The unique thing about this place is that  you are seated at a table with a built in griddle and you request your toppings and are given raw batter

There are two pitchers  of pancake  batter provided- multi grain and white flour

Syrup, Molasses and Honey were also brought to the table

Here are my pancakes on the griddle- and that's peanut butter and bananas on the pancakes

And the finished product

Multi Grain

and

white flour.

I preferred the white flour pancakes. They weren't the best pancakes I ever had, but I certainly wouldn't kick them out of bed either!

After breakfast we walked around a bit- and checked out the park museum and took a short walk on one of the nature paths
where we encountered a 500 year old tree...

Aftewards it was just over an hour to the Orlando Airport after a non stop flight....I was home...

post edited by wanderingjew - 2010/05/15 21:06:12
Ahi Mpls.
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 922
Re:Epilogue to 2010 Glee Club Charleston Meet n Greet aka "And then there were 2" 2010/05/15 23:28:04 (permalink)
  I have to ask, is all that sulphur STINKY?!  
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1