Evanston recommendation -Dave's Italian Kitchen

Author
danimal15
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1092
2004/04/27 12:15:41 (permalink)

Evanston recommendation -Dave's Italian Kitchen

If you find yourself in Evanston, Ill., the first town on Lake Michigan north of Chicago, you can't go wrong by visiting Dave's Italian Kitchen at 1635 Chicago Ave. I was there over the weekend for the first time in a while, and emerged very satisfied. The thin crust pizza might be a real find for transplanted East Coast people looking for the kind of pizza they grew up with. The crust is crunchy, and it's cut in triangles, not squares. The pasta dishes are cheap, and they give you so much it's a challenge to clear the plate. For $9.95, I got a hefty dish of pasta and calamari with spicy, garlicky red sauce that I couldn't finish. Very liberal with the calamari, by the way. Even the bread that comes before the meal is special - very light and tasty, and wonderful when dipped in some olive oil. The atmosphere is great - it's in a huge basement with wood-beamed ceilings. If you have kids, this is a fantastic place to go - it's so noisy no one will care if they act their age.

1 Reply Related Threads

Zarathustra
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 7
    RE: Evanston recommendation -Dave's Italian Kitchen 2004/04/29 01:38:50 (permalink)
    Evanston also has two excellent gourmet level restaurants, Va Pensiero and Trio. Both are in the vicinity of Dave's.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1