Ex-con steakhouse

Author
Pepper Breath
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 52
2004/01/05 00:00:56 (permalink)

Ex-con steakhouse

I guess this would be more appropriate in an "Where Did I Eat?" forum, but back 24 years ago I was on a Roadtrip with some Friends down the left coast from Coos Bay, OR to Los Angeles. I remember a hamburger place in Coos Bay that served some really phenomonal burgers. These thing's were huge and had enough stuff (good stuff) between the buns to sustain you for a couple days.
But the place that I would really like to go back to, if it's still there, was in Los Angeles. It was a steakhouse, and I think that was the only thing on the board. The way we heard it was that the guy who ran the place was an ex-con, and he only hired ex-cons as they came out from doing their time, to work as waiters, etc. I remember going there and having to wait in a line with 20 or 30 people ahead of us. It wasn't anything fancy, kind of dineresque, and clean. Our wait in line wasn't all that long because as you sat down you told the waiter how you wanted your steak and within just a few minutes it was in front of you with a baked potato. As tables would finish they were out the door. No dillydallying.
I think it was someplace not far from the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion but I wasn't driving so I could be wrong on that, but I do know it was one of the best steaks I've ever had
Anybody have a bead on where we ate?

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1