FANS of PEGGY LAWTON COOKIES ??

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
harriet1954
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1154
RE: FANS of PEGGY LAWTON COOKIES ?? 2005/01/20 12:17:12 (permalink)
I was born and raised in Philly and never heard of them! Odd! Well, I'm joining BJ's soon (never looked for them when I was a Sam's member) and will now be on the lookout.
Bobcow
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
RE: FANS of PEGGY LAWTON COOKIES ?? 2005/02/05 12:32:38 (permalink)

I am an addict for over 20 years. There have been times when the craving overpowered the need for calmness in order to open the package and has resulted in broken cookies on the floor. If only the company would incorporate a plastic rip cord around the circumference to facilitate opening, there would be less cookies eaten off the floor.
Dave A
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 5
RE: FANS of PEGGY LAWTON COOKIES ?? 2005/02/17 14:42:58 (permalink)
Hi again. Good to see fans of Peggy Lawton still posting.

I am now munching on a package of the Choco-Chips ones. Most excellent but I still think my favorite are the Oatmeal. To answer someone's question of what they carry:

Oatmeal Cookies
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Butter Crunch Cookies
Date Delight (not sure if this a cookie or what)
Fudge Brownies

Great stuff. Now I wish I had bought another package.

Good munchings to you,

Dave
Wistah
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 213
RE: FANS of PEGGY LAWTON COOKIES ?? 2005/02/18 14:08:40 (permalink)
Dave A;

To that list add:

Shortbread Sugar Cookies

Chocolate Chunk Cookies (different from the choco chip)

I also think that I have seen Molasses Cookies......will keep on investigating....
cookielady
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 4
RE: FANS of PEGGY LAWTON COOKIES ?? 2005/02/21 13:46:27 (permalink)

Peggy Lawton Lovers!! I am one too! I want to share with you!!
I have a 12 pack case of Choco chip cookies for sale on ebay....from the Peggy Lawton Kitchens in Walpole MA. I hope to put more varieties on sale soon. Keep checking ebay!! Post what kinds of cookies/brownies you would like and I'll see what I can do!!
mritec21
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 3
RE: FANS of PEGGY LAWTON COOKIES ?? 2005/02/21 14:13:06 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by shaynas_mom

I was born and raised in Philly and never heard of them! Odd! Well, I'm joining BJ's soon (never looked for them when I was a Sam's member) and will now be on the lookout.

I was introduced to them in H.S., and am now fortunate enough to work in Center City Philly where most food vendors have them :)
cookielady
Junior Burger
RE: FANS of PEGGY LAWTON COOKIES ?? 2005/02/21 15:14:10 (permalink)
I'm glad for you! My supermarket stopped selling them after the owner died last fall. Now I have to look around and hunt for them, but boy are they worth it! I pretend to buy them for my kids but my husband and I eat many of them. They are sooooooooo good! I came across this website when I was searching for where I could buy the cookies and couldn't believe others love them as much as I do.

Keep munchin'!!!
cookielady
Junior Burger
RE: FANS of PEGGY LAWTON COOKIES ?? 2005/02/26 21:18:59 (permalink)
Hi Cookieman,
This is cookie lady! I have one 12 pack of Peggy Lawton cookies for sale on ebay. I will be adding more soon so check back! Luckily I live close enough to find them, although some markets are no longer carrying them. The prices have gone up as well but they are definitely worth it. I was told they don't want to work with the little guy! I hope they never go out of business.

quote:
Originally posted by cookieman

This is so funny - I'm also a Peggy Lawton cookie addict. When I was going to UMass-Boston, I used to have a Peggy Lawton cookie pack after lunch every day. But near San Francisco I can't get them, so every time I fly east to visit my family south of Boston, I stock up with several dozen of the oatmeal cookie packs. I even tried contacting the company to see if they would ship me a case to California, with no success. If there is any place that would ship a carton out here I'd order a box!
elexa68
Junior Burger
RE: FANS of PEGGY LAWTON COOKIES ?? 2005/03/10 15:22:53 (permalink)
Just in case anyone is wondering...the Fudge Brownies have 250 calories, 11 grams of fat and 1 gram of fiber in them, which equals 6 points if you are doing weight watchers. YIKES!!! Too bad I ate the brownie first and then inquired about the nutritional info
MartinT
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 30
RE: FANS of PEGGY LAWTON COOKIES ?? 2005/04/03 22:31:04 (permalink)
I love the choc-chip. You can buy 12 3 packs of the choco-chip in Costco for around $4 and change. Bakery quality,consistent and delicious. Also try the Butter Crunch 3 packs. Always a bargain at 75 cents or less a pack.
pharamn
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 2
RE: FANS of PEGGY LAWTON COOKIES ?? 2005/05/07 16:15:42 (permalink)
Hi,
I've been eating Peggy Lawton Chocolate Chip Cookies since high school back in 1968. I'd always eat a package in either "study-hall" or just before my "track meets". They were $0.15 a package then. I think they changed the recipe since then.....they are still delicious but taste different than they did back in the 60's. I was wondering if anyone knows if they changed the recipe. When I was in the Army stationed at Ft. Benning, I wrote the company and they sent me a case for free. I buy them now at BJ's.
cookielady
Junior Burger
RE: FANS of PEGGY LAWTON COOKIES ?? 2005/05/08 21:27:16 (permalink)
I have been eating them since I was a kid....30 something years ago! I haven't noticed a change in the taste, only the size of the cookie. They are about $1.00 for a package of 3 - still a great deal in my eyes! I really love the choco chip. My kids love the oatmeal.
JennyB1124
Junior Burger
RE: FANS of PEGGY LAWTON COOKIES ?? 2005/05/17 21:00:14 (permalink)
hi everyone!!! This is SO exciting that there is actually a forum on Peggy Lawton!!! My dad is the Production Manager at Peggy Lawton Kitchens in Walpole, MA. He has been for over 30 years. My Uncle and Grandfather as well as myself and various other members of my family have also worked there over the years. So it is so incredibly wonderful to hear there are people out there enjoying what this small local business has to offer!

Having said that, I would be more than happy to take any orders from anyone for various products. It would be my pleasure to keep the tradition going!
pharamn
Junior Burger
RE: FANS of PEGGY LAWTON COOKIES ?? 2005/05/30 14:50:34 (permalink)
Hi,
I live in Townsend, Massachusetts and was wondering if they give tours of the "Peggy Lawton Kitchens" in Walpole.
rosest
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 7
RE: FANS of PEGGY LAWTON COOKIES ?? 2005/07/17 21:39:22 (permalink)
I finally found them near me - at the BJ's next to Oxford Valley Mall in Langhorne, PA. I had previously looked in the BJ's in Hamilton, NJ, but they did not have them, so I was very pleasantly surprised to find them today. They were $3.99 for 12.

Now I don't have to stop on the Merritt Parkway driving back from Boston.

Stan
Zookeeper
Junior Burger
RE: FANS of PEGGY LAWTON COOKIES ?? 2005/07/25 10:46:05 (permalink)
Hi everyone, I grew up in Braintree Mass. and I LOVED the choco chip cookies ! I now live in Atlanta and I cannot buy them here.
I went home for a family reunion a few weeks ago and I stocked up.

Somehow I found this website and someone out there gave a 1-800 # for the Peggy Lawton Kitchens in Walpole, MA.
Well, I called and 3 days later I had 2 12 packs of Chocolate Chip cookies at my door !!!!

The # is: 1-800-843-7325.

Two 12 packs with shipping is only $18.00. I am so thrilled that they offer home delivery. Thank-you Ellen at P.L. Kitchens, You are awesome !!!!!
Diner-Lover
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 246
RE: FANS of PEGGY LAWTON COOKIES ?? 2005/07/27 01:14:53 (permalink)
I didn't know the name of them when I used to occassionally get the chocolate chip cookies at suburban Phila. college in the early '70's. I just knew I liked them. When I transferred to Syracuse U., I don't remember if I could find them there.

Fast-forward to two years ago during a vacation on Cape Cod and I found a package of the 3 chocolate chip cookies at the "Brewster Store". I sure did enjoy stepping back in time as I savored those cookies with a cup of coffee and pondered how fast thirty years had flown by.
vveary
Junior Burger
RE: FANS of PEGGY LAWTON COOKIES ?? 2005/08/06 00:17:55 (permalink)
OK,

This is great! I have also looked for a place on the web to find out more about Peggy Lawton products, and here it is.

I grew up on Cape Cod in the 60s and my dad ran the beach stands in Falmouth. He was always well stocked with Peggy Lawton cookies, oatmeal and chocolate chip, brownies and a not too often seen date macaroon square. I still see the date squares every once in awhile and when I do I pick up 4 or 5. For those of you who have not tried these, let me tell you they are as good as the cookies (If you like date squares)

I would like to see a full list of the products they make. I know there are some products that show up infrequently. I will try and get a complete list of their products and post them here. Or perhaps someone from the company will read this and post a complete list.

I, like many of you am frustrated that I cannot find the product as easy as I have in the past. It does seem at least in my area there are fewer and fewer vendors. Too bad because it is truly a great product that more people need to try…

V-did
rubytangelo01
Junior Burger
RE: FANS of PEGGY LAWTON COOKIES ?? 2005/08/29 09:47:03 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by rosest

I grew up in Newton, Mass (many, many years ago). I loved the Peggy Lawton Chocolate Chip cookies, but when I moved to NJ about 30 years ago I could not find them anywhere here. A few years ago I discovered that the closest place to here to get them is the Mobil station on the Merritt Parkway in Greenwich, CT. Now, whenever we go to New England, I stock up on the way home just before entering NY. One time, we bought 20 packages, cleaning them out. My friends know to stop and get them when they are in the area.

I don't know if I like them because they are good, or just nostalgia, but I do.

Does anyone know if they are available by mail through any website? I haven't located any such sites.

Thanks,
Stan

I just found them last night at the RED RIVER BBQ (on Georges Road) in South Brunswick, NJ. I enjoyed them in highschool in New York. They tasted just like I remembered. hhhhmmmmm. I hope this helps with your quest Stan. Good Luck.
Missykins
Junior Burger
RE: FANS of PEGGY LAWTON COOKIES ?? 2005/09/14 16:42:10 (permalink)
I was browsing for Peggy Lawton cookies because I just downed my 4th package - they sell them in the vending machine at work in Charlestown, MA. I took for granted that these were available everywhere but after reading the posts, I'm glad I haven't moved out of New England!

So, I was looking for nutrition info (because of the 4 pkg problem) and was soooo thrilled to see that they're only 200 cal a package. That's nothin'!

I don't know how they get the recipe just right of sweet with just a touch of noticeable saltiness (could that be?).

I loved the fudge brownies when I was little, they sold them at school, but haven't had one in years, I'll have to get a couple and see if they still do it for me.
Diner-Lover
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 246
RE: FANS of PEGGY LAWTON COOKIES ?? 2005/09/15 17:36:07 (permalink)
I just came back from 8 days on Cape Cod and I looked for Peggy Lawton cookies at the Brewster Store where I'd bought them in the past but none were to be found. I searched in the 3 large supermarkets in Orleans where we stayed, but no dice.

I figured I might have better luck at some of the small markets at gas stations or the "Superettes" (sp?)-- little stores we passed on routes 6 and 6A. It began to be a joke as I'd ask my husband to pull in to a market that looked promising only to return to the car empty-handed. And it began to appear that this vacation would forever be labeled "The Great Peggy Lawton Cookies Search". I almost gave up until I asked him to pull into a little market in Brewster. I had looked all through the store and was about to leave when I spied a coffee urn with goodies stacked nearby.

And there they were. Stacks of Peggy Lawton's cellophaned goodness! I bought two packages each: chocolate chip, oatmeal, and buttercrunch, and hoisted the bag HIGH in triumph as I walked to the car, with Mr. D-L shaking his head and rolling his eyes as he laughed. I finished the last package of oatmeal cookies today, dunked in milk and savored until our next trek to the Cape.
themartincrew
Junior Burger
RE: FANS of PEGGY LAWTON COOKIES ?? 2005/10/16 22:48:40 (permalink)
I grew up in Billerica, MA. These cookies were my daily lunch ritual!! Thank goodness for this forum, because I've ordered them twice since finding the 800 number here! They deliver super-fast, too.
lizzielizzie
Junior Burger
RE: FANS of PEGGY LAWTON COOKIES ?? 2006/01/07 20:40:14 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by vince38

I was back in the Boston area visiting family and friends last weekend, and could not find Peggy Lawton products at the usual places. I'm curious if anyone knows where they're being sold these days.

Thanks

The Market Basket at the intersection of Princeton Blvd and Route 3A in Lowell has the Peggy Lawton cookies and brownies on sale: 3 packages for 99 cents!
Wolfy
Junior Burger
RE: FANS of PEGGY LAWTON COOKIES ?? 2006/10/25 16:55:49 (permalink)
Hey,
I am the grandson of Peggy and Lawton Wolf, who started Peggy Lawton Kitchens. I'm glad to hear that you guys are fans of our cookies. I just wanted to thank you for your support and business of P & K Kitchens. If you have any questions about the company, just write a comment, and I'll try to reply asap.
Wistah
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 213
RE: FANS of PEGGY LAWTON COOKIES ?? 2006/10/31 21:37:53 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Wolfy

Hey,
I am the grandson of Peggy and Lawton Wolf, who started Peggy Lawton Kitchens. I'm glad to hear that you guys are fans of our cookies. I just wanted to thank you for your support and business of P & K Kitchens. If you have any questions about the company, just write a comment, and I'll try to reply asap.

Can you post a complete listing of their products? Thanks
AngelaNJ
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 17
RE: FANS of PEGGY LAWTON COOKIES ?? 2006/11/14 21:51:31 (permalink)
Rosest--when you mentioned Hamilton, I looked at your profile and I see you live in Lawrenceville. I think I may have some good news for you! A few months ago, I was taking a training class for work at the Mercer County Community College Center for Development. Since we only had 30 min for lunch, we ran over to the student cafeteria. Guess what they had at the register?? Yup--Peggy Lawton cookies. Believe you me, I bought plenty (though my co-workers thought it was pretty odd). Let me know if you get to go!

Angela
kellygirlmd
Junior Burger
RE: FANS of PEGGY LAWTON COOKIES ?? 2006/12/23 10:22:40 (permalink)
I saw that you origianlly were asked about a complete listing of products available I'd also like to add what is the best way to order these products.

Thanks in Advance & Happy Holidays
quote:
Originally posted by Wolfy

Hey,
fae
Junior Burger
RE: FANS of PEGGY LAWTON COOKIES ?? 2006/12/23 12:27:09 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by bc627

Peggy Lawton Choco Chip Cookie nutrition info

http://www.hoodhomedelivery.com/pageFiles/ProdDetailTemp.php?id=180&IsSearch=1

If you don't mind me adding, it looks like you can also order from this location. (:
JennyB1124
Junior Burger
RE: FANS of PEGGY LAWTON COOKIES ?? 2007/01/08 15:22:12 (permalink)
Hello again everyone!

The complete product list is pretty concrete:

Chocolate Chip Cookies
Oatmeal Cookies
Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Buttercrunch Cookies
Sugar Shortbread Cookies
Fudge Brownies

(Peanut Butter Cookies and Lemon Cookies and Date Squares are no longer produced)
JMish
Junior Burger
RE: FANS of PEGGY LAWTON COOKIES ?? 2007/01/25 17:35:48 (permalink)
Ah!! Choco-Chip cookies - and Oatmeal, yummy and Buttercrunch....But wait, they no longer make the Peanut Butter!!! Say it ain't so...I am also a former Newton resident....And now live in Delaware..I don't get back very often but when I do, I drag my friend around and we try to find the cookies!! If you saw "Over the Hedge" remember Hammy and his comment "I love the cookie"...well...that's how I am about these...I have a BJ's near me in New Castle, and I haven't seen them there..but, I will see about asking at the desk for them. Since BJ's is based in the Boston area, who knows?? Maybe by asking we can get them....So, BJ members plan of attack across the country, go to your BJ's and ask, no demand that they get Peggy Lawton cookies!!I got some at Thanksgiving and just ate the last package today!!!" /> So, I'm going to be on a withdrawal if I can't find any!!
And rosest - I wonder if you are the Stan I knew from Newton South?!?!?!
Later!!!
Mish
Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1