FOOD TRUCK LINK THREAD

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
Dr of BBQ
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3716
2011/09/27 12:06:48 (permalink)

FOOD TRUCK LINK THREAD

Ok, Jody, and Lorna wanted a section just for food trucks so I'm starting a thread just for links about FOOD TRUCKS.
This is not a thread for DIY how to's but a thread on the latest current links about food trucks, including, news about cities that do allow food trucks, what's being served on FTs and general information on the food truck industry.

Please don't post here if your wanting to know if you should start a food truck or how to start a food truck.

But please do post here links that pertain to the food truck industry. Give a brief explanation about the link and the link.

From Lorna, Latest news, Industry news, code compliance, marketing & Promotions etc, go here
http://www.mobilefoodnews.com/  
Thank you.
post edited by Dr of BBQ - 2011/09/27 12:52:45

49 Replies Related Threads

Barry Digman
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 120
    Re:FOOD TRUCK LINK THREAD 2011/09/27 14:30:28 (permalink)
    It's a site devoted exclusively to mobile food. It's done in a magazine format.

http://mobile-cuisine.com/
    Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10332
    Re:FOOD TRUCK LINK THREAD 2011/09/28 03:40:47 (permalink)
    There are many food truck blogs out there.
    They tend to deal with local area food trucks.
    Here's some of them:
    http://www.ilovefoodtrucks.com
    http://www.findlafoodtrucks.com/blog/
    http://newyorkstreetfood.com/
    http://blogs.gwhatchet.com/btb/2010/09/25/where-were-eating-d-c-food-trucks/
    http://www.findlafoodtrucks.com/
    http://www.eattoblog.com/the-great-food-truck-odyssey/
    http://miamifoodtrucks.com/
    http://www.santaanita.com/specialevent/2011/santa-anita-food-truck-festival
    There's plenty more.
    This industry is real and will only continue to grow.
    The economics of opening a food establishment will drive the business.
    The variety of foods make it interesting for the consumer.
    Customers are drawn to the uniqueness of it all.
    Who ever thought that Twitter would play such an important role in the development of the Food Truck industry.
    Tweet and they will come!!
    BTW, Tweeting also drives business to B & M places too.
    Are you tweeting your daily specials?
    Are you working at building your tweeter followers?
    Food Trucks are the most exciting thing to hit the food industry since Fast Foods.
    It's that big!
    So if you're in a B & M facility you better figure out a strategy to combat the competition because there will be one rolling into your turf soon!
    post edited by Foodbme - 2011/09/28 04:36:29
    Dr of BBQ
    Filet Mignon
    Re:FOOD TRUCK LINK THREAD 2011/09/28 08:21:02 (permalink)

Beyond the Food Truck: Six Ideas for Mobile Food Businesses

Even when you don't have a lot of money or time, you still want a tasty meal, and mobile food businesses are uniquely positioned to provide it. Whether serving crepes from a splashily painted food truck,

http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/220401
    JodyP
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 322
    Re:FOOD TRUCK LINK THREAD 2011/09/28 08:43:51 (permalink)
    This site covers our scene here in Atlanta. They sponsor about half of the Food Truck Events and where very instrumental in developing the street food culture in Atlanta.
    www.atlantastreetfood.com/
    There is another non-profit group that holds about 3 Food Truck Events each week.
    I hope to start with this group next Monday.

I checked out some of the other sites. My computer is a little slow and it took awhile for all the advertisements to load.

THE WILD DOG
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1465
    Re:FOOD TRUCK LINK THREAD 2011/09/28 09:05:36 (permalink)
    I'd like to see links for where to purchase things like cabinets and shelves for inside food trucks...
    Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    Re:FOOD TRUCK LINK THREAD 2011/09/28 15:21:39 (permalink)
    THE WILD DOG
    I'd like to see links for where to purchase things like cabinets and shelves for inside food trucks...

That's why God Created Google! Use that.
    THE WILD DOG
    • Total Posts : 1465
    Re:FOOD TRUCK LINK THREAD 2011/09/28 21:47:16 (permalink)
    Foodbme

THE WILD DOG

That's why God Created Google! Use that.

HAR HAR  yeah don't you think i'd have already done that instead of just posting the question. Just in case you didn't know.. yes i've searched high and low on the web and even google images.. :-)
    how to cook lamb
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 2
    Flagged as Spam (2)
    Re:FOOD TRUCK LINK THREAD 2011/09/28 22:39:46 (permalink)
    Food Truck or not as long as it is clean and "healthy" I can still eat it with much gusto. 

Find Out What Is The Best Way To Cook Lamb Recipes, Lamb Shanks Recipes, How To Cook Lamb The Most Delicious Way… in 

how to cook lamb
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 2
    Flagged as Spam (2)
    Re:FOOD TRUCK LINK THREAD 2011/09/28 22:39:47 (permalink)
    Food Truck or not as long as it is clean and "healthy" I can still eat it with much gusto. 

Find Out What Is The Best Way To Cook Lamb Recipes, Lamb Shanks Recipes, How To Cook Lamb The Most Delicious Way…   

Southernsmoke
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 53
    Re:FOOD TRUCK LINK THREAD 2011/09/29 14:04:40 (permalink)
    I have a food "trailer", am I allowed in?
    Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    Re:FOOD TRUCK LINK THREAD 2011/09/29 14:18:22 (permalink)
    Southernsmoke

Sure! Why not. The only difference is what moves it. The concepts are the same. Same Basics apply.
    post edited by Foodbme - 2011/09/29 14:19:40
    Southernsmoke
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 53
    Re:FOOD TRUCK LINK THREAD 2011/09/29 14:59:23 (permalink)
    Foodbme

Southernsmoke

Sure! Why not. The only difference is what moves it. The concepts are the same. Same Basics apply.

Thanks..

JodyP
    Cheeseburger
    Re:FOOD TRUCK LINK THREAD 2011/10/01 08:22:08 (permalink)
    Southernsmoke, trailers are OK, including ours there are at least 5 others who operate out of food carts (that’s what we like to call them) with the other food trucks in Atlanta. We did one of our first events last night at the Howell Mill Food Truck Park in Atlanta. There were 5 trucks of various sizes and shape plus our cart. We are definitely going to have to think about better graphics. Next week we have been invited to set up outside a bar / concert hall. It has a small area for the food trucks and fortunately we fit in due to our size.

The Wild Dog, a lot of the cabinets and counters, shelves, etc in food trucks are fabricated on site by the builder. I am not sure of the area you live in, but you might be able to find a local fabricator who can make them for you. I am talking with one about redoing my counter space and adding shelving that will hold items will in transit. Right now I am using stainless steel prep tables and have flat shelves. When I move I have to remove everything and place it in boxes. Big PIA…
    Dr of BBQ
    Filet Mignon
    Re:FOOD TRUCK LINK THREAD 2011/10/01 08:49:32 (permalink)
    Jody,
    1st I understand at an event like this your busy but try and take some pictures next time.
    Jack
    BackAlleyBurger
    • Total Posts : 1077
    Re:FOOD TRUCK LINK THREAD 2011/10/01 11:07:10 (permalink)
    yes pics !!
    Dr of BBQ
    Filet Mignon
    Re:FOOD TRUCK LINK THREAD 2011/10/03 09:18:39 (permalink)
    Images displayed are examples of All A Cart products, designed and fabricated for All A Cart customers.

http://allacart.com/prodstepvans.shtml
    Dr of BBQ
    Filet Mignon
    Re:FOOD TRUCK LINK THREAD 2011/10/03 09:43:09 (permalink)

Stepvan Replacement Parts

CONGRATULATIONS, stepvan owner/technician!!! You have just found a fantastic source of stepvan parts for your walk-in van. Whether you have a Grumman Olson, Supreme Body, Utilimaster® or Union City Body® stepvan or others, Mill Supply carries one of the most extensive inventories of stepvan parts in America. Mill Supply has been providing stepvan parts to fleets and independent distributors since 1944. Our constant research assures you of the widest selection of stepvan parts and the most accurate applicable information. Count on our experienced sales and technical staff to get you the right part every time.
    The 350 new products we added to this catalog (many chassis components) brings the total number of products to over 4,350. For your convenience, we offer toll-free order and fax lines and the ability to receive orders via e-mail and now via this on-line catalog. An order blank is available for those wishing to mail or FAX their order with payment information. Feel free to use our secure on-line purchasing technology provided right here for your convenience. Orders received by 3 p.m. EST are shipped the same day! We have included a "Products Index" so you can instantly locate specific sections and, a New Product Listing.

1-800-888-5072 This Month's Specials
    This Month's Fleet Flyer Stepvan Replacement Parts Brand Names: Kason® Hardware Carbon-based Metallic Brakes Todco® Roll-up Doors Whiting® Roll-up Doors Truck Lite® Velvac® Mirrors Parts Pages: Audio Systems
    http://www.stepvanparts.c..orkhorse_chassis_p1.htm
    Dr of BBQ
    Filet Mignon
    Re:FOOD TRUCK LINK THREAD 2011/10/03 10:06:09 (permalink)
    What’s up with the name Grilled Cheese Patrol?
    It’s pretty simple, really. Our mission is to serve grilled cheese sandwiches that are so tasty, they should be illegal. Lucky for you, they’re not.

http://roaminghunger.com/grilled-cheese-patrol
    Dr of BBQ
    Filet Mignon
    Re:FOOD TRUCK LINK THREAD 2011/10/03 10:31:46 (permalink)

Nouvelle food trucks make fast food with slow values A New York minute is understood to be the interval of time between a Manhattan traffic light turning green and the guy in the car behind you honking his horn. 

http://www.grist.org/arti...-food-with-slow-values
    post edited by Dr of BBQ - 2012/09/09 15:30:16
    KurtSara
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 183
    Re:FOOD TRUCK LINK THREAD 2011/10/03 18:39:40 (permalink)
    If this is the place to post this, this is our new BBQ trailer, we have been vending for 2 years now and just picked up our new trailer about a month ago

It is a 8X16 with 8X10 being enclosed and a 6 foot porch for the smoker

Dr of BBQ
    Filet Mignon
    Re:FOOD TRUCK LINK THREAD 2011/10/03 20:39:32 (permalink)
    Very cool what type smoker are you using?
    KurtSara
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 183
    Re:FOOD TRUCK LINK THREAD 2011/10/04 05:16:35 (permalink)
    Dr of BBQ

Very cool what type smoker are you using?

We are using a Ole Hickory CTO, we started out with a Lang 84 the first time but being it is not NSF we knew we would have to buy a different smoker so we went with a FEC100, then needed something a little bit bigger and bought the CTO
    JodyP
    Cheeseburger
    Re:FOOD TRUCK LINK THREAD 2011/10/04 09:11:19 (permalink)
    I usually post photos on our Face Book Page: Atlanta Tropical Breeze / Sandwich X Press.

We did a small Food Truck Event last Friday in Atlanta. We had a great time, didn’t make a lot but gave us some exposure. The event is held on an old vacant lot. There is enough room for about 7 food trucks.  They have about 8 picnic tables set up and a lot of the locals also bring out folding chairs. We where supposed to do another one last night at a bar in Atlanta. We got prepped and showed up but the event had been cancelled and no one told us. I guess there are some similarities between food truck events and festivals.

The key to being successful in the food truck business in Atlanta is to have a sponsoring restaurant and find your own locations. You really need about 2 to 4 great locations to set up during the week and fill in the gaps with the local food truck park promoters. After last nights debacle we are beginning to think there may be more food truck parks then food trucks or that some of the trucks know more about an event then we do. Outside of the bar scene or the neighborhood food truck parks most of the trucks make their living serving the lunch crowd.  This is the direction we want to go. Prep in the morning, serve lunch, cleanup and head to the house. We will still be able to do select festivals and some catering. If all else fails we can do what we did a few years back and promote our own festivals or food truck parks (We actually promoted a few markets) to create a venue for ourselves. It definitely creates more work for us but may be feasible.

The bottom line is if you are permitted, 100% legal, (Insurance, business license. Etc) and have locations or a route then you are in controlled of your destiny. Those of us who have being doing the festival circuits and working with promoters know that Murphy’s Law does exist.  
    Dr of BBQ
    Filet Mignon
    Re:FOOD TRUCK LINK THREAD 2011/10/13 16:27:15 (permalink)
    Foodservice families' heirs launch food truck company October 12, 2011 | By Ron Ruggless

Jon Wagner, chief executive of Two Trucks LLC, and Dain B. Pool, company president, at The Butcher's Son truck  

Read more: http://www.nrn.com/article/foodservice-families-heirs-launch-food-truck-company?page=0,1&ad=growth-concepts&utm_source=MagnetMail&utm_medium=email&utm_term=jack%40drofbbq.com&utm_content=NRN-News-NRNam-10-13-11&utm_campaign=Darden%20buys%20two%20seafood%20brands%20for%20%2459M#ixzz1ahBJcxyi

post edited by Dr of BBQ - 2012/09/09 15:31:15
    Dr of BBQ
    Filet Mignon
    Re:FOOD TRUCK LINK THREAD 2011/10/15 18:42:44 (permalink)
    How to open a successful food truck http://www.msnbc.msn.com/...od-truck/#.TpoL83KmOl4
    Dr of BBQ
    Filet Mignon
    Re:FOOD TRUCK LINK THREAD 2011/10/16 11:32:57 (permalink)

Food Truck Blogs (14)

Blogs about food trucks. Includes local sites and review sites as well.

DFW Food Truck Foodie - An adventurer and foodie taking you along on the Dallas Fort Worth food truck scene.

Houston Food Trucks - Listing of Houston's Top 100 Food Trucks

Mobile Cuisine Magazine - The complete online resource destination for the food truck industry

Food Trailers Austin (TX) - Austin's guide to food trailers, food carts and mobile eateries!

Food Trucks DC - Washington, DC - One Man. One City. One Year. Hundreds of food trucks. The journey begins...

Food Carts Portland - A definitive guide to the plethora of food carts and trucks in the Portland, OR area.

I Love Food Trucks - Online guide and reivews about LA's food trucks.

Food Truck Times - Food Truck Blogger Arianna tells it like it is when it comes to reviewing LA's food truck scene.

Food Truck Fiesta - Real time Washington, DC food truck tracker plus news and commentary.

The Food Trucker - All things food truck, with a focus on Southern California.

MobiMunch - Directory and information about a wide variety of food trucks and concepts from around the U.S.

Chicago Food Trucks - A site to help gather support for an ordinance that will allow mobile food trucks to operate within the city limits of Chicago.

Roaming Hunger - Find and track your favorite street food vendors and food trucks with Roaming Hunger, the hub for all things street food. Use the interactive city map to find out where your next meal is parked or browse through our list of tasty vendors.

Find LA Food Trucks Blog - Blogging and reviewing the Los Angeles food truck scene.
    post edited by Dr of BBQ - 2011/10/16 11:37:30
    Dr of BBQ
    Filet Mignon
    Re:FOOD TRUCK LINK THREAD 2011/10/16 11:50:51 (permalink)
    Congratulations to Fry Captain was FoodTruckTalk.com’s Food Truck Of-The-Week!

However The Fry Captain is not currently operational.

The Fry Captain became a super hero among their many Washington, DC followers by serving a simple menu, but with incredible perfection.

The menu at it’s most basic level is simple, French Fries and Milk Shakes.  What the Fry Captain has been able to do is take their simple concept to a very high level through the use of creative ingredients and preperations.

Let’s start with the fries.  They offer reguar fries, sweet potato fries, and the ultimate duck fat fries.  If you have never tasted a french fry cooked in duck fat than your life is far from complete as the duck fat adds an incredible consistency and taste to the french fry.

French fry traditionalists prefer their fries unseasoned and plain.  No objections from us, but the Fry Captain let’s you decide by providing an extensive selection of dips and seasonings.  From watching movies we know those crazy Europeans like to dip their fries into mayonnaise, and the Fry Captain complies with spirachi/sesame mayo, curry mayo, Jamaican jerk mayo, horseradish mayo, and mango chutney mayo.

Other dipping sauces include truffle ketchup, chili ketchup. sweet and sour mustard, ranch dressing, nutella, marshmellow and a variety of regional sauces such as spanish romesco sauce, korean bbq sauce, carolina bbq sauce and many more.

Seasonings that are available include sea salt, garlic salt, onion salt, paprika salt, hot pepper,cajun, and old bay.

You can visit the Fry Captain many times without getting bored by his offerings.  Mix and match the seasonings and sauces to your heart’s content.

What better to offset great fries than a great freshly made milkshake.  The traditional flavors are available as well as neat unusual flavors like Honey Lavender, avocado, sea salt/olive oil, and cinnamon.

We love the Fry Captain for taking two great food items and elevating them to a new and spectacular level.
    The Fry Captain – Washington, DC
    http://www.frycaptaindc.com

Twitter: frycaptain

Dr of BBQ
    Filet Mignon
    Re:FOOD TRUCK LINK THREAD 2011/10/16 11:55:33 (permalink)
    MexZican Gourmet one of Miami’s favorite food trucks.

The South Florida food truck scene is on a roll.  Hardly a day goes by that a new truck doesn’t hit the streets.

Mexican born celebrity chef Ze Carlos Jimenez’s MexZican Gourmet is quickly becoming one of Miami’s favorite food trucks. 

The MexZican Gourmet serves “simply authentic” Mexican food creations.  Chef Ze Carlos has a unique ability to combine a vast assortment of ingredients and spices to create healthy and great tasting dishes that remain true to his Mexican heritage.

The MexZican Gourmet’s menu starts with a variety of tacos. 

The variety begins with “Just Beef” (carne asada), “Simply Authentic” (Al Pastor), “Original Pork” (Michoacan style carnitas) and “Puebla Chicken” (chicken in a Puebla style sauce). 

However, the favorite is the “Legacy”, a brisket meat taco with Chorizo sausage, and Chicharron (fried pork rinds).
    Other menu items bursting with flavor include the chicken or carne asada Quezadillas, gourmet chicken Toztadas and the Mexzican Sub Torta which is filled with your choice of protein along with refried beans, Oaxaca cheese, lettuce, tomato, onions, avocado and rajas.

The MexZican Gourmet takes tacos and traditional Mexican dishes to another level with bold and flavorful food. 

There is no doubt that the MexZican Gourmet is a welcome addition to the Miami-Ft. Lauderdale gourmet food truck scene!
    The MexZican Gourmet – Miami & Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    http://www.themexzicangourmet.com

BackAlleyBurger
    • Total Posts : 1077
    Re:FOOD TRUCK LINK THREAD 2011/10/16 13:42:06 (permalink)
    i cant believe Dan over at vendr.tv hasnt made the list yet
    video blogs from around the country of different vendors and what they offer

www.vendr.tv
    post edited by BackAlleyBurger - 2011/10/16 13:43:48
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1