Fair market value for commissary renting?

Author
mikeygic
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 4
2014/07/21 23:03:52 (permalink)

Fair market value for commissary renting?

A veterans center within 1 mile of my house agreed to let me use their kitchen as a commissary for my hot dog cart venture, but we are both ignorant of what a fair market value is for it. Could anyone who rents a commissary post what they pay and what town and state you live in? I'm in Leominster Massachusetts the median household income here is about 50K. Thanks!

3 Replies Related Threads

mattsdeli
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 10
    Re: Fair market value for commissary renting? 2014/07/22 16:57:44 (permalink)
    not sure if this would be of much help as im in los angeles, but i pay $25 an hour for commissary use. but being as your situation is negotiable, find a number that you would both be comfortable working with and go from there. use your business savvy and work a deal that is beneficial for both of you.

best of luck!!
    Matt
    chefbuba
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2015
    Re: Fair market value for commissary renting? 2014/07/22 20:12:28 (permalink)
    How often will you use it? What will yo do there? Do you store all your food and cart there? Do you have full time access with your own key? or is this just to get you papered?

mikeygic
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 4
    Re: Fair market value for commissary renting? 2014/07/23 09:08:37 (permalink)
    Its a veterans center. Probably 1 hour in the AM (to cut onions and grab stock) 1 hour at night to clean up and dispose of trash in their dumpster. I'll store frozen hot dogs in their freezer at least - not sure yet about everything else. The cart would come home with me (unless the HD demands I keep it at the commissary). I won't ask for a key. My goal is to leave as small a footprint as possible. Thanks for any information you can offer :) 
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1