The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Fairfield, CT - Frank's??? Help with NAME

NYCTransplant

• Total Posts: 7
Fairfield, CT - Frank's??? Help with NAME Fri, 11/21/03 7:12 PM (permalink)
It was on the Boston Post Road in Fairfield.

Hot Dogs were deep-fried, then finished on the grill (to get most of the oil off). The result was a crunchy, snappy outer skin and a steaming hot interior. Onion, relish, mustard, sauerkraut and choppped bacon topped it off.

It may still be there. Does anyone know?

John Fox

• Total Posts: 2313
    RE: Fairfield, CT - Frank's??? Help with NAME Fri, 11/21/03 8:12 PM (permalink)
    It's Rawley's and it's still there.

Michael Stern

RE: Fairfield, CT - Frank's??? Help with NAME Fri, 11/21/03 8:20 PM (permalink)
      Click[url='http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Overview.aspx?RefID=367']here[/url].

NYCTransplant

• Total Posts: 7
        RE: Fairfield, CT - Frank's??? Help with NAME Tue, 12/30/03 8:23 PM (permalink)
        It WAS Rawley's! It IS Rawley's! I've got to get to Fairfield. I haven't had a Rawley's in 20+ years! My first resolution for the New Year!

Thanks, John Fox!

signman

• Total Posts: 1743
          RE: Fairfield, CT - Frank's??? Help with NAME Tue, 12/30/03 11:36 PM (permalink)
          While you're in the neighborhood, you should check out Super Duper Weenie. Not deep fried, but top dog.

John Fox

• Total Posts: 2313
            RE: Fairfield, CT - Frank's??? Help with NAME Wed, 12/31/03 7:58 PM (permalink)
            Yes, definitely check out Super Duper Weenie. I've been there a few times. Once, I took a trip to Conn. just to sample hot dogs. Super Duper Weenie, Swanky Franks, and Rawley's all right off I-95 within a few miles of each other. Rawley's was good, with a slight tangy taste. Super Duper Weenie was better, in my opinion. I like the Miller's dog that they use. Both pork/beef in the German style. Swanky's uses a spicy all beef Hummel's frank and deep fries it. All three very good, but I liked Swanky's and SDW a little better than Rawley's. But then again, I only had mustard on my dogs so I could really taste the flavor of the dog itself. When I went back to SDW, I got the New Englander with mustard, relish, and bacon (no onions). Excellent and worth going out of your way for. Next time at Rawley's I'll try one with mustard, relish, and the crumbled bacon bits they throw on top.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
              • No New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
              • Locked w/ New Messages
              • Locked w/o New Messages
              • Read Message
              • Post New Thread
              • Reply to message
              • Post New Poll
              • Submit Vote
              • Post reward post
              • Delete my own posts
              • Delete my own threads
              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com