Falls View Restaurant - Jackson/Forsyth GA - closed

Author
Heartbreaksoup
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 465
2012/06/17 15:15:10 (permalink)

Falls View Restaurant - Jackson/Forsyth GA - closed

A great place that I first read about here at roadfood.com, Falls View Restaurant in middle Georgia has shuttered.  I can't find any news story about it, but Urbanspoon lists it closed and the phone number's disconnected.  Famous for its catfish, I was more pleased with the red snapper, and am sorry to hear it's gone.

4 Replies Related Threads

Southern Fried
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 70
    Re:Falls View Restaurant - Jackson/Forsyth GA - closed 2012/06/17 16:20:15 (permalink)
    I am not sure if this is correct. I drove by the Falls View Restaurant a couple of weeks ago during the early afternoon. Since it is only open in the evening, there was no one there. But there was no indication that it had closed. Also, I see on Facebook that they were open yesterday with a Father's Day special.
    buffetbuster
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10418
    Re:Falls View Restaurant - Jackson/Forsyth GA - closed 2012/06/18 07:49:43 (permalink)
    I hope it turns out that it is still open.  Having read the review many times, I have been hoping to get down to Georgia to pay it a visit and haven't been able to, yet.  It sounds like a really good place.

The Roadfood review.  Their Facebook page.  Their website.

Looks like they are not scheduled to open again until 4:00PM on Wednesday.  I will try calling then.
    Heartbreaksoup
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 465
    Re:Falls View Restaurant - Jackson/Forsyth GA - closed 2012/06/22 16:30:41 (permalink)
    Okay, this was a false alarm, but it wasn't helped by the restaurant having the wrong number on its website - and, by extension, on Urbanspoon and here on its page at Roadfood.com .  The correct telephone number is (478) 992-9657.

Whew.  Now everybody go try their red snapper, for it is amazing.
    buffetbuster
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10418
    Re:Falls View Restaurant - Jackson/Forsyth GA - closed 2012/06/26 07:52:02 (permalink)
    Heartbreaksoup
    but it wasn't helped by the restaurant having the wrong number on its website - and, by extension, on Urbanspoon and here on its page at Roadfood.com . 
    If a restaurant changes their phone number, I can understand how this site and others have the wrong number.  But, there is no excuse to have the wrong number on your own website!  It makes you wonder how many other people thought the restaurant was closed.  Oh well, the good news is that they are still open.

Thanks Heartbreaksoup for the info!

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1