Famous Dave's

Author
RIDEANDSLIDEFOOD
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 191
2007/09/20 12:52:04 (permalink)

Famous Dave's

Hey All

Here at work we get lunch sometimes at Famous Dave's, usually the bbg or brisket sandwich. But today i had the Dave's Favorite burger, 1/2 lb, bacon, jack cheese and bbq sauce, i added let/tomato.Must say it was one of the best burgers i have ever had, great char-broiled taste, juicey and the bacon and jack cheese all made for a stuffed lunch.

As of today FD'S Has always been good,not the best ribs around but they nailed this burger!!

Jim

13 Replies Related Threads

nicolem
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 153
    RE: Famous Dave's 2007/09/20 14:52:42 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by RIDEANDSLIDEFOOD

Hey All

Here at work we get lunch sometimes at Famous Dave's, usually the bbg or brisket sandwich. But today i had the Dave's Favorite burger, 1/2 lb, bacon, jack cheese and bbq sauce, i added let/tomato.Must say it was one of the best burgers i have ever had, great char-broiled taste, juicey and the bacon and jack cheese all made for a stuffed lunch.

As of today FD'S Has always been good,not the best ribs around but they nailed this burger!!

Jim

I really enjoy their pulled pork sandwich with a side of potato salad. I love the hot pickle slices they give you too. Everytime that we go, I get the pulled pork and my husband gets the burger that you mentioned. We have never been disappointed.
    wallhd
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 430
    RE: Famous Dave's 2007/09/20 15:20:24 (permalink)
    For the rest of us out there, maybe a little insight as to exactly where Famous Daves' is located.

Thanks

Wally
    Pancho
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 915
    RE: Famous Dave's 2007/09/20 15:31:05 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by wallhd

For the rest of us out there, maybe a little insight as to exactly where Famous Daves' is located.

Thanks

Wally
    Famous Dave started in Minnesota...he is a native American. They have locations in every state except, OR, ID, WY, NM, LA, MS, AL, VT, and ME. I keep trying the ribs in hope that this is the time I will like them...hasn't happened yet. Over 20 bucks for a full slab dinner with baby backs and they are sub-par. The burger is huge...but we have better "bar burgers" all over town here in Madison. We need a Texas brisket place here as well.
    QFan
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 642
    RE: Famous Dave's 2007/09/20 19:41:46 (permalink)
    Thanks, rideandslide, for the tip on the burger "find" at Famous Dave's. They just opened up here in Ft Myers recently. I had tried their que sampler and thought the overall quality was so-so. However, it's always good to know where to find an above average burger.

QFan
    Bonita Springs, FL
    ann peeples
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 8328
    RE: Famous Dave's 2007/09/20 20:56:56 (permalink)
    I find Famous Daves average at best...we have Speed Queen here in Milwaukee, and THAT is good BBQ.
    MellowRoast
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2009
    RE: Famous Dave's 2007/09/20 21:00:22 (permalink)
    I've tried Famous Dave's in Chattanooga four or five times and haven't had a good meal there yet. Thanks for the tip on the burger. Maybe I should give that a shot.
    Jim Ross
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 314
    RE: Famous Dave's 2007/09/20 21:17:01 (permalink)
    I occasionally go there with co-workers, wouldn't pick it on my own. One of the problems is they use Hormel pork. I can always taste the salty off taste of that doctored pork.
    JRPfeff
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2613
    RE: Famous Dave's 2007/09/20 22:54:37 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Pancho
    ...but we have better "bar burgers" all over town here in Madison. We need a Texas brisket place here as well.

Pancho - Have you tried the brisket at the Eldorado Grill? This is Tex Tubb's place, so the brisket should be doggone good.

They have Texas smoked brisket on the menu for $14.99. I talked to a bartender last time I was there and he said they have a real pit and the chef was really into barbecue.

http://www.foodfightinc.com/eldorado.htm

Jim
    RIDEANDSLIDEFOOD
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 191
    RE: Famous Dave's 2007/09/21 10:40:06 (permalink)
    Qfan

If you try the burger, let us know what you think!

Jim
    rbpalmer
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 469
    RE: Famous Dave's 2007/09/21 11:13:06 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by wallhd

Thanks

Wally

Here's a link to their website, where you can use their "search" function to see if there's a place near you. http://www.famousdaves.com/
    LuckyLabrador
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 583
    RE: Famous Dave's 2007/09/21 12:10:55 (permalink)
    I've eaten at a Famous Dave's, I can't remember what city...I don't want to remember what city !
    Pancho
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 915
    RE: Famous Dave's 2007/09/21 13:14:26 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by JRPfeff

quote:
    Originally posted by Pancho
    ...but we have better "bar burgers" all over town here in Madison. We need a Texas brisket place here as well.

Pancho - Have you tried the brisket at the Eldorado Grill? This is Tex Tubb's place, so the brisket should be doggone good.

They have Texas smoked brisket on the menu for $14.99. I talked to a bartender last time I was there and he said they have a real pit and the chef was really into barbecue.

http://www.foodfightinc.com/eldorado.htm

Jim
    No, I haven't but I will! I love that place. He also opened another "Taco Palace" over on University where Fire Fly used to be. Thanks, Jim!
    janifer
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 71
    RE: Famous Dave's 2007/09/21 20:04:06 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by MellowRoast

I've tried Famous Dave's in Chattanooga four or five times and haven't had a good meal there yet. Thanks for the tip on the burger. Maybe I should give that a shot.

My experience at Famous Dave's in Tallahassee have been the same. It's an occasional lunch stop with the bunch from work; some just love it so it's in the rotation. Last time there someone had their hot burger - jalapeno bacon, jalapeno cheese, jalapeno slices, and hot sauce; they loved it. Maybe I'll try Ride'n Slide's Dave's Favorite the next time out.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1