[url='http://www.fatburger.com/']Fatburger[/url]

Harborside Financial Center Plaza 4A
286 Washington Street
Jersey City, NJ 07302

14 Replies Related Threads

Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18627
    RE: Fatburger opens in NY Metro Area 2004/08/19 14:37:07 (permalink)
    A press release? Posted here? Why?
    Tony Bad
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 5116
    RE: Fatburger opens in NY Metro Area 2004/08/19 23:16:58 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

A press release? Posted here? Why?

Never been to Fatburger...what is the story? Any good?
    Tony Bad
    Fire Safety Admin
    RE: Fatburger opens in NY Metro Area 2004/08/20 00:04:56 (permalink)
    quote:

Perhaps to inform people in the NYC Metro area that a great West Coast burger chain has opened in their area? Isn't sharing info about great Roadfood what this place is all about?

AhhHaa...I note the word great...I may have to investigate further!

Always looking for good burgers!!
    Tony Bad
    Fire Safety Admin
    RE: Fatburger opens in NY Metro Area 2004/08/20 00:20:37 (permalink)
    quote:

Like everything else in life...all you need to know can be found on the Beastie Boys album, "License to Ill":

Don't they mention White Castle in 4 or 5 songs on that album...I used to know exactly, but my kids don't care for the Beastie Boys.
    Jack_Hoo
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 9
    RE: Fatburger opens in NY Metro Area 2004/08/20 11:07:07 (permalink)
    Fatburger has a decent burger for a chain. At least the ones I had when I lived in LA....
    hilldweller
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 168
    RE: Fatburger opens in NY Metro Area 2004/08/20 11:56:57 (permalink)
    When I was in LA in the mid 90's, I was impressed and surprised by the various mini hamburger chains that still existed and seemed to be thriving in spite of the McD/BK/Wendy's corporate behemoths that had longs since killed off all the competing chains in the NYC area (besides White Castle.)

The one that I liked the most, because of the name, was Fatburger.

It's been too long for me to remember what the quality of the product was when I visited there long ago, but I always remembered the name Fatburger fondly (and humorously) as a memory of my time in LA.

When I read that they were expanding and franchising in the NY Metro area I figured that they must be doing something right, something unique if they're going to compete with the bland dreary corporate giants.
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    RE: Fatburger opens in NY Metro Area 2004/08/20 12:22:25 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Ballpark Roadtripper

quote:

Posted here? Why?

Perhaps to inform people in the NYC Metro area that a great West Coast burger chain has opened in their area? Isn't sharing info about great Roadfood what this place is all about?

I see nothing wrong with informing people that a new burger place is opening. My objection is to the posting of a press release from the company that does nothing but praise itself.
    EdSails
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4074
    RE: Fatburger opens in NY Metro Area 2004/08/20 13:14:55 (permalink)
    Fatburger has been around here for many years. Burgers, fries, dogs and basically that's it. Their fries are great and the burgers can come with a fried egg on them if you're into that kind of thing. I'm surprised that they are going back east-----like In-n-Out, I thought they would stay a regional thing here. They have much the same philosophy, no frozen stuff and made to order. A lot of the Fatburgers here also serve as the "late night place". Enjoy!
    jm3amdg
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 26
    RE: Fatburger opens in NY Metro Area 2004/08/20 16:27:26 (permalink)
    You folks are in for a real treat. Unlike In-n-Out, which is a family run business, Fatburger recently changed ownership (it was principally owned by Magic Johnson), and has decided to franchise across the country. Although I have not lived in SoCal since 2001, every time I visit family, I make the pilgrimage not only to the Original Pantry, Tommy's, Phillipe's, and Cassell's, but also to Fatburger. My standard order: Double King Burger, charbroiled, with grilled onions, add bacon and cheese. Heavy mayo, extra lettuce, a bit of relish. Two orders of fat fries and the jumbo Coke.
    I have been advised that the Detroit area is in line for a Fatburger, and that they are even considering Fort Wayne for a franchise. I'd back talk your momma if they opened one here in Southwest Michigan........
    johnnymolson
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 90
    RE: Fatburger opens in NY Metro Area 2004/08/22 03:09:06 (permalink)
    I find Fatburger is the best of the chain burger places. I have eaten there on every trip I've made to Vegas.
    MoBob
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 83
    RE: Fatburger opens in NY Metro Area 2004/08/22 08:06:29 (permalink)
    quote:

quote:

quote:

Posted here? Why?

I see nothing wrong with informing people that a new burger place is opening. My objection is to the posting of a press release from the company that does nothing but praise itself.

My guess would be that nearly all vendor websites are going to "praise themselves"
    I would not expect to see " Our Burger Sucks!!! Please Don't Buy It"

Like I said, just guessing....
    renfrew
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 696
    RE: Fatburger opens in NY Metro Area 2004/08/23 13:29:45 (permalink)
    Has anyone tried their turkey burger? Is it dry and tasteless like so many, or do they get that right too?
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    RE: Fatburger opens in NY Metro Area 2004/08/23 13:56:46 (permalink)
    quote:

quote:

You really object to this? Wow, you are easily offended.

Does that mean you don't mind this place being used by companies for commercial purposes without paying for the advertising space?
    hilldweller
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 168
    RE: Fatburger opens in NY Metro Area 2004/08/23 23:20:24 (permalink)
    quote:

quote:

Does that mean you don't mind this place being used by companies for commercial purposes without paying for the advertising space?

Why on earth would you think I meant that? Hilldweller was simply informing the rest of us about the opening of a restaurant. Isn't that what we do here?

Do you think this was an insidious placement of free advertising by the Fatburger corporation?

Sorry if I caused any offense or conflicts by my original posting. I did originally post the PR release from Fatburger, but then removed it when I saw the first response; and replaced it simply with the address and web link.

I have absolutely no connection to Fatburger, I was personally interested and tickled to find that they were expanding to the east coast for the reasons I mentioned in my subsequent post; thus I found the Press release interesting and I thought others might, but I didn't want to offend anyone or break the norms of the forum so I removed it.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1