Father's Day Menus

Author
agnesrob
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1790
2011/06/19 09:55:26 (permalink)

Father's Day Menus

Happy Father's Day to all you Dads out there! What's everyone having for dinner? We started by taking my husband out to a local diner for breakfast. For dinner I have a 5lb lobster which I will cook and deshell to make lobster rolls(CT style). I'll be serving it with cups of homemade clam chowder.

2 Replies Related Threads

Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10289
    Re:Father's Day Menus 2011/06/20 02:50:47 (permalink)
    I Smoked a 10# Beef Briskit on my gas grill. My Bride made her World Famous Potato Salad and I got a jar of her even more World Famous BBQ Sauce out of the freezer. A tossed Salad rounded off the meal. Dessert was a Key Lime Pie.
    My son & granddaughter came over, swam some, ate even more and went home with leftovers.
    6star
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4388
    Re:Father's Day Menus 2011/06/20 11:16:02 (permalink)
    My son and his wife had her father and myself down at their home yesterday for Father's Day.  We had what they called Steamboat Sandwiches (individual foil packages of ground beef, sliced brats, large dice potatoes, thick sliced mushrooms for the mushroom lovers, coarsly chopped onions and green peppers, salt and pepper and a large chunk of butter cooked on the grill) which was served on home baked bread.  My daughter-in-law's father brought a cold seedless watermelon which was cubed, and I brought bags of sweet potato chips and vegetable sticks from the Dollar Store which were mentioned in that thread here on Roadfood, as well as ingredients for smores which included the giant tennis-ball-size Campfire marshmallows (for the "wow" factor) which I found at Wally World.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1