Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Favoite Brew Lager,Ale,Stout or Porter?

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 30 of 42
santacruz

• Total Posts: 372
Favoite Brew Lager,Ale,Stout or Porter? Fri, 03/7/08 2:59 PM (permalink)
I love all four types of Brew's depending who is brewing it, but I have to admit India Pale Ale is the closet to my heart and throat. I like the sweet bitterness and a real clean finish as it satisfys Body,Mind and Soul.

I used to like Guiness stout but since they brew it in Canada now and not Dublin it just doesn't taste the same (the Water?)

Also when I do bar-b-Que I seem to like different brews depending on the weather and what I am cooking.

brentk

• Total Posts: 251
    RE: Favoite Brew Lager,Ale,Stout or Porter? Fri, 03/7/08 3:26 PM (permalink)
    All four types of brews???

According to the BJCP (Beer Judge Certification Program), there are 23 principal styles and each of those styles has multiple sub-styles.

Just within the stout category, for example, you have Dry Stout, Sweet Stout, Oatmeal Stout, Foreign Style Stout, American Stout and Russian Imperial Stout.

I am a big IPA fan, too, by the way. I prefer the American IPA style to the English, but I really like Double IPAs.

alesrus

• Total Posts: 292
      RE: Favoite Brew Lager,Ale,Stout or Porter? Fri, 03/7/08 3:35 PM (permalink)
      You could go the other way and break it down into two groups Ales and Lagers. I used to be a big fan of both A.I.P.A. and B.I.P.A. But now stout (in all it varieties ) is my favorite With Brooklyn Extra Chocolate Stout on the top of my list.

Beer&Snausages

• Total Posts: 418
        RE: Favoite Brew Lager,Ale,Stout or Porter? Fri, 03/7/08 4:01 PM (permalink)
        Depends on the time of year, right now Porters & Stouts.

in the Spring, Summer I'll turn to IPA's, Wheats & Lambics

SuperDave70

• Total Posts: 31
          RE: Favoite Brew Lager,Ale,Stout or Porter? Fri, 03/7/08 4:05 PM (permalink)
          It's hard to beat a good Belgian Abbey Trippel or Quadrupel. St Bernardus Abt 12 is probably my favorite beer of all time. Or for something lighter, I also love a good German Hefeweizen. Weihenstephaner Hefe Weissbier is a great one. Yummy!

tiki

• Total Posts: 4135
            RE: Favoite Brew Lager,Ale,Stout or Porter? Sun, 03/9/08 10:30 AM (permalink)
            Sierra Nevada--Pale Ale, Porter, Celebration Ale and --my fave BIGFOOT ALE!

MilwFoodlovers

• Total Posts: 3090
              RE: Favoite Brew Lager,Ale,Stout or Porter? Sun, 03/9/08 11:05 AM (permalink)
              All of the abovewith the wheats probably being last of all those mentioned.

When I'm stuck somewhere and all that's available are American or Mexican McBeers, I request and will teach the bartender how to make a michelada. There are many variations but I keep it simple in that I'll say, "Toss some ice cubes in a mug, two parts beer to one part tomato juice, clamato if you have it, squeeze some lime in, a good shaking of hot sauce, Mexican if you have any, some salt and pepper and the lime wedge. It can make me forget I'm not able to get my hoppy IPA.

1bbqboy

• Total Posts: 4542
                RE: Favoite Brew Lager,Ale,Stout or Porter? Sun, 03/9/08 12:55 PM (permalink)
                quote:
                Originally posted by brentk

According to the BJCP (Beer Judge Certification Program), there are 23 principal styles and each of those styles has multiple sub-styles.

Just within the stout category, for example, you have Dry Stout, Sweet Stout, Oatmeal Stout, Foreign Style Stout, American Stout and Russian Imperial Stout.

I am a big IPA fan, too, by the way. I prefer the American IPA style to the English, but I really like Double IPAs.

hey brent, did you see this:
                http://blog.oregonlive.com/thebeerhere/2008/03/brewers_association_adds_11_ca.html
                Brewers Association Adds 11 Categories to 2008 Style Guidelines
                Posted by John Foyston, The Oregonian March 06, 2008 08:51AM
                Categories: The Beer Bizz

This just in from the Brewers Association in Colorado

Announcing the Brewers Association 2008 Beer Style Guidelines

Boulder, CO - Thursday, February 28, 2008 -The Brewers Association recently released their 2008 Beer Style Guidelines. Eleven categories were added to the guidelines this year, reflecting the industry's direct focus on helping develop craft beer. Of the 11 new categories being introduced into the guidelines, five new additions were added just for barrel-aged beers.

"These guidelines help to illustrate the growth of craft brewers in the United States and also offer insight and a foundation for helping appreciate the hundreds of beer types brewed for the beer lover," said Brewers Association President, Charlie Papazian.

Since 1979 the Brewers Association has provided beer style descriptions as a reference for brewers and beer competition organizers. Much of the early work was based on the assistance and contributions of beer journalist Michael Jackson. The task of creating a realistic set of guidelines is always complex. The beer style guidelines developed by the Brewers Association use sources from the commercial brewing industry, beer analyses, and consultations with beer industry experts and knowledgeable beer enthusiasts as resources for information.

2008 Added Categories:

Fresh Hop Ale
                Ales which are hopped exclusively with fresh and un-dried ("wet") hops.

American-Belgo Styles Ales
                These beers portray the unique characters imparted by yeasts typically used in fruity and big Belgian-style ales.

Leipzig-Style Göse
                The original versions of this style of beer were spontaneously fermented German ales, similarly to Belgian-style gueuze/lambic beers.

Belgian-Style Blonde Ale
                Belgian-style blonde ales are characterized by low yet evident hop bitterness, flavor and sometimes aroma.

Australasian-Style Pale Ale
                This style is a mild, pale, light-bodied ale with a color varying from light to amber. Hop bitterness and flavor range from very low to low.

Out of Category- Traditionally Brewed Beers
                There are many excellent and popular beers that are brewed with traditional ingredients and processes, yet their character may vary from styles currently defined or included in these guidelines.

Barrel Aged Beer categories:

Wood- and Barrel- Aged Beer
                Any lager, ale, or hybrid beer, either a traditional style or a unique experimental beer that has been aged for a period of time in a wooden barrel or in contact with wood.

Wood- and Barrel- Aged Pale to Amber Beer
                Any classic style or unique experimental beer that has been aged for a period of time in a wooden barrel or in contact with wood.

Wood- and Barrel- Aged Dark Beer
                Any classic style or unique experimental style of dark beer beer can be wood or barrel-aged for a period of time in a wooden barrel or in contact with wood.

Wood- and Barrel- Aged Strong Beer
                Any strong classic style or unique, experimental style of beer can bee wood or barrel-aged for a period of time in a wooden barrel or in contact with wood.

Wood- and Barrel- Aged Sour Beer
                A wood- or barrel- aged beer is any lager, ale, or hybrid beer, either a traditional style or a unique experimental beer that has been aged for a period of time in a wooden barrel or in contact with wood and has developed a bacterial induced natural acidity.

cont.....

Ted Steak

• Total Posts: 60
                  RE: Favoite Brew Lager,Ale,Stout or Porter? Sun, 03/9/08 1:06 PM (permalink)
                  Imperial Stout and Barleywines do it for me!

Mosca

• Total Posts: 2933
                    RE: Favoite Brew Lager,Ale,Stout or Porter? Sun, 03/9/08 1:29 PM (permalink)
                    Man, it really depends on the occasion. I love my heavy American ales, but would I want one on a hot day right when I've finished waxing the car? No, give me that Dogfishhead 60 or 90 minute IPA! My preferences lean toward the stronger and darker, but it really is situational.

tiki

• Total Posts: 4135
                      RE: Favoite Brew Lager,Ale,Stout or Porter? Mon, 03/10/08 10:25 AM (permalink)
                      quote:
                      Originally posted by Mosca

Man, it really depends on the occasion. I love my heavy American ales, but would I want one on a hot day right when I've finished waxing the car? No, give me that Dogfishhead 60 or 90 minute IPA! My preferences lean toward the stronger and darker, but it really is situational.

You may be right---i am not big fan of lighter beers--but when i lived in Jamaica and the tropics got steamy---like in mango season!!--nothing went down like a Red Stripe cooled in a bucket of ice!!! If the weather was so hot i stuck with thier Dragon Stout--good stuff---and when made into a Dragons Milk---(mixed with sweetened condenced milk and served over ice--it too was great in heat waves!

enginecapt

• Total Posts: 3486
                        RE: Favoite Brew Lager,Ale,Stout or Porter? Mon, 03/10/08 11:49 AM (permalink)
                        Lagers and wheat beers. My beer of choice is pictured. I could drink that stuff 'round the clock.

tamandmik

• Total Posts: 949
                          RE: Favoite Brew Lager,Ale,Stout or Porter? Mon, 03/10/08 12:49 PM (permalink)
                          Rochefort 8 might be the single best beer I've tasted. It's a trappist ale, however, and very hard to acquire. For more common fare, I'd say Easy Street Wheat from Colorado is amongst the best of the best. For an IPA, I'd say Red Hook is my favorite.

1bbqboy

• Total Posts: 4542
                            RE: Favoite Brew Lager,Ale,Stout or Porter? Mon, 03/10/08 1:05 PM (permalink)
                            I am realizing from this thread that as an avid beer drinker, I am in Nirvana. I tend to drink REALLY local brews, the most distant being only 300
                            miles away, and all non-corporate owned. Eat(or drink) your hearts out, RF'ers
                            My current favorite:

brentk

• Total Posts: 251
                              RE: Favoite Brew Lager,Ale,Stout or Porter? Mon, 03/10/08 1:14 PM (permalink)
                              quote:
                              Originally posted by bill voss

quote:
                              Originally posted by brentk

hey brent, did you see this:
                              http://blog.oregonlive.com/thebeerhere/2008/03/brewers_association_adds_11_ca.html
                              Brewers Association Adds 11 Categories to 2008 Style Guidelines
                              Posted by John Foyston, The Oregonian March 06, 2008 08:51AM
                              Categories: The Beer Bizz

This just in from the Brewers Association in Colorado

Announcing the Brewers Association 2008 Beer Style Guidelines

Boulder, CO - Thursday, February 28, 2008 -The Brewers Association recently released their 2008 Beer Style Guidelines. Eleven categories were added to the guidelines this year, reflecting the industry's direct focus on helping develop craft beer. Of the 11 new categories being introduced into the guidelines, five new additions were added just for barrel-aged beers.

"These guidelines help to illustrate the growth of craft brewers in the United States and also offer insight and a foundation for helping appreciate the hundreds of beer types brewed for the beer lover," said Brewers Association President, Charlie Papazian.

Since 1979 the Brewers Association has provided beer style descriptions as a reference for brewers and beer competition organizers. Much of the early work was based on the assistance and contributions of beer journalist Michael Jackson. The task of creating a realistic set of guidelines is always complex. The beer style guidelines developed by the Brewers Association use sources from the commercial brewing industry, beer analyses, and consultations with beer industry experts and knowledgeable beer enthusiasts as resources for information.

2008 Added Categories:

Fresh Hop Ale
                              Ales which are hopped exclusively with fresh and un-dried ("wet") hops.

American-Belgo Styles Ales
                              These beers portray the unique characters imparted by yeasts typically used in fruity and big Belgian-style ales.

Leipzig-Style Göse
                              The original versions of this style of beer were spontaneously fermented German ales, similarly to Belgian-style gueuze/lambic beers.

Belgian-Style Blonde Ale
                              Belgian-style blonde ales are characterized by low yet evident hop bitterness, flavor and sometimes aroma.

Australasian-Style Pale Ale
                              This style is a mild, pale, light-bodied ale with a color varying from light to amber. Hop bitterness and flavor range from very low to low.

Out of Category- Traditionally Brewed Beers
                              There are many excellent and popular beers that are brewed with traditional ingredients and processes, yet their character may vary from styles currently defined or included in these guidelines.

Barrel Aged Beer categories:

Wood- and Barrel- Aged Beer
                              Any lager, ale, or hybrid beer, either a traditional style or a unique experimental beer that has been aged for a period of time in a wooden barrel or in contact with wood.

Wood- and Barrel- Aged Pale to Amber Beer
                              Any classic style or unique experimental beer that has been aged for a period of time in a wooden barrel or in contact with wood.

Wood- and Barrel- Aged Dark Beer
                              Any classic style or unique experimental style of dark beer beer can be wood or barrel-aged for a period of time in a wooden barrel or in contact with wood.

Wood- and Barrel- Aged Strong Beer
                              Any strong classic style or unique, experimental style of beer can bee wood or barrel-aged for a period of time in a wooden barrel or in contact with wood.

Wood- and Barrel- Aged Sour Beer
                              A wood- or barrel- aged beer is any lager, ale, or hybrid beer, either a traditional style or a unique experimental beer that has been aged for a period of time in a wooden barrel or in contact with wood and has developed a bacterial induced natural acidity.

cont.....

Thanks for the heads up on this. I was wondering when the BJCP was going to catch up to the creativity we are now seeing in the American craft beer industry.

Scorereader

• Total Posts: 5546
                                RE: Favoite Brew Lager,Ale,Stout or Porter? Mon, 03/10/08 1:54 PM (permalink)
                                I enjoy Pale Ales the most. I love how they can be refreshing and have deep complexity all at the same time. So, nice hoppy IPAs work for me. However, I like many other typers as well, and I never stick to just the Pale Ale. When going to brew pubs, I almost always get the sampler. The many tastes of beer is what make it fun. I don't drink one typr of scotch, so I'm certainly not going to stick to one type of beer either.

santacruz

• Total Posts: 372
                                  RE: Favoite Brew Lager,Ale,Stout or Porter? Mon, 03/10/08 3:25 PM (permalink)
                                  Hey Tiki,

I REALLY LIKE THAT Sierra Nevada BIG FOOT ALE OH MAN IT IS ONE OF THE BEST (BarleyWine). My favorite nowdays is Anderson Valley Hoppin Ottin IPA it is just so satisfying. On a Hot day a nice ice cold Lagunitas DOG IPA hits the spot.

Delaware DogFishHead is an excellent brew also.

mr. sausage

• Total Posts: 75
                                    RE: Favoite Brew Lager,Ale,Stout or Porter? Tue, 04/8/08 12:21 AM (permalink)
                                    Drinking a 9 percent alcohol ale (the Dogfish 90 IPA) after exerting oneself on a summers' day sounds like the recipe for a nap. You sir, have a stronger constitution than I. No, give me a Weihenstephaner hefe after a sweaty ordeal like waxing the pinto. I treat the 90 minute like a white burgundy; nice stemware and no distractions. It's dynamite with a pork loin done with roasted apricots.
                                    If all of that sounds a bit fussy, let's be frank-if I'm overheated from cutting the grass on a Texas afternoon, I'll kill a can or two of PBR. Cheap, well made and it beats the hell out of budmillercoors. Just don't tell my beer geek friends
                                    quote:
                                    Originally posted by Mosca

Ort. Carlton.

• Total Posts: 3589
                                      RE: Favoite Brew Lager,Ale,Stout or Porter? Tue, 04/8/08 12:40 AM (permalink)
                                      Dearfolk,
                                      My two favorite brews are both made with ale yeast... and both come from Copper Creek Brewing Co. in Athens, our local brewpub. They are, in no order:
                                      India Brown Ale -- an idiotically-hoppy step-clone of Newcastle Brown Ale; an India Pale Ale that stayed out in the sun far too long. There must be 125 International Bitterness Units in there; by comparison, Budweiser has something like 11.
                                      Espresso Stout -- made with real coffee beans and not some sort of extract, this baby will keep you awake half the night if you polish off more than two or three of 'em. Zingo!!
                                      These are the brain-children of brewer Matt Buley, who is utterly incapable of producing a beer that is less than a 3 on a 1-to-5 scale. I wish he would replicate his Czech Pilsner that he made only one batch of, but it takes too long to lager it, he tells me, and too many people are thirsty when school is in session. "Maybe midsummer, when enough folks are out-of-town," he sighed, eyeing the space where he wishes he could figure out how to jockey in a fifth tank....
                                      Unthirstily-At-Present, Ort. Carlton in Ever-Thirsty Athens, Georgia.

Ort. Carlton.

• Total Posts: 3589
                                        RE: Favoite Brew Lager,Ale,Stout or Porter? Tue, 04/8/08 1:08 AM (permalink)
                                        Dearfolk,
                                        This is a secondary reply-of-sorts.
                                        This last weekend, it was my privilege to attend (as working press, no less) the 13th. Annual Classic City Brew-Fest. Here are a few of the new-to-me things I savored in my jaunt through the place.
                                        1) Jever Original Friesland Pilsener. This is the hoppiest Pils I've ever tasted, which it turns out is a predelection of local style for those in Friesland, a region split among far western Germany, far northern Netherlands, and far southern Denmark. This is one delicious beer, and it is not so hoppy as to be one whet out of balance. (Oops -- I sampled this once before when Matt Buley brought a bottle back from Germany. It just came available here, so I included it... it's new-to-me-in-Athens.)
                                        2) Duck-Rabbit Milk Stout. This version is quite a bit drier than Left Hand's similar product. My understanding is that the brewer here actually traipsed to Malta to learn how to brew this by visiting Farsons Brewery in Valetta, Malta; until fairly recently, Farsons brewed the only remaining true Milk Stout on the face of the earth. It contains a measure of lactic solids. Duck-Rabbit, a wonderfully eccentric brewery in Farmville, N. C. that specializes in darker brews, is to be commended.
                                        3) North Coast Le Merle Saison. From Fort Bragg, California. The Saison style was about extinct in its native Belgium: "It's an old geezer's drink!" one visitor from there told me some years ago. Imagine the glee of the remaining Saison brewers upon finding that Americans will drink all they can export to us! There are now six or seven Saisons from Belgium available in Athens, plus this one and at least one ther American version. This is a wonderful turn of the cards; the stuff is light enough for summertime drinking and yet immensely refreshing. The word translates to "season," by the way.
                                        4) Uinta Anglers Pale Ale. Brewed in Salt Lake City, the hoppiness in this product may result from the 3.2% stricture Utah places (or at least once placed) on its locally-produced malt beverages. No, that has to have changed... but in the past, Utah brewers made their products hoppier instead of stronger. This is a delightful example of how tasty a brew can be without packing an unnecessary wallop. (Oddly enough, Uinta's XIV Fourteenth Anniversary Barley Wine seemed to be almost bereft of hops!)
                                        5) Abita Jockomo I. P. A. I never expected this to be so good: hoppy beers don't generally suit all-year-warm climates. I wish I could wander to The Big Easy to have a pint of this on draught at Cooter Brown's or some other worthy spot. Or, as Huey (Piano) Smith said on his 1957 ACE recording, "Don't You Know Yockomo." I do now! -- Whoa Nellie!
                                        6) Hook Norton Gold Traditional English Ale. This is the best new-to-me British Ale I've had in a long while. It's made by a fiercely independent and traditional stone brewery not far from Shakespeare's home turf. My imagination wandered to village pubs where locals were quaffing pints of this on draught from the original wood; I wished to be there to share this elixir with them.
                                        7) Atlanta Brewing Co.'s #'s Ale. (Numbers, that is.) This is an Extra Special Bitter with a quality I wasn't expecting. Wow. I could drink it all day. Atlanta Brewing's flagship product is Red Brick Ale, which is excellent in its own right. Now Atlanta Brewing joins other local brewer SweetWater in brewing dependably excellent brews; Athens' Terrapin's products are likewise all well worth a try... but since I'm talking new-to-me brews, this one gets the publicity and the accolade.
                                        Okay, there you have the high points of the afternoon. There were a few things I missed that ran out before I made it down, but that's life, and I'd rather deal with what I DID savor than to worry about whatever it was that I missed. -- Prosit!
                                        Still Unthirstily, Trying-To-Lose-Weight Ort. Carlton in Way-Too-Phat Athens, Georgia.

boyardee65

• Total Posts: 1457
                                          RE: Favoite Brew Lager,Ale,Stout or Porter? Tue, 04/8/08 2:25 AM (permalink)
                                          I was going to say that Ort. Carlton should answer his thread as as far as I know, he is THE authority of this particular subject matter! He beat me bt an hour.
                                          Anyway, I like some of the lambic ales lately since the weather is getting warm in Az. Pyramid Apricot is one of my favorites right now as it is easily drinkable and not too sweet. Mix it with the Pear ale and it is sublime with a hint of sweetness. I also am fond of hard ciders when it gets warm as it is a great departure from the ordinary. Sam Adams Lager is always welcome in my house as well as any beer from New Belgium Brewery. Gotta love the 1554!!! Chocolaty and surprisingly light as dark beers go.

David O.

boyardee65

• Total Posts: 1457
                                            RE: Favoite Brew Lager,Ale,Stout or Porter? Tue, 04/8/08 2:27 AM (permalink)
                                            quote:
                                            Originally posted by boyardee65

I was going to say that Ort. Carlton should answer his thread As far as I know, He is THE authority of this particular subject matter! He beat me by about an hour.
                                            Anyway, I like some of the lambic ales lately since the weather is getting warm in Az. Pyramid Apricot is one of my favorites right now as it is easily drinkable and not too sweet. Mix it with the Pear ale and it is sublime with a hint of sweetness. I also am fond of hard ciders when it gets warm as it is a great departure from the ordinary. Sam Adams Lager is always welcome in my house as well as any beer from New Belgium Brewery. Gotta love the 1554!!! Chocolaty and surprisingly light as dark beers go.

David O.

BBq King

• Total Posts: 123
                                              RE: Favoite Brew Lager,Ale,Stout or Porter? Tue, 04/8/08 5:41 AM (permalink)
                                              I'll second the vote for New Belgian 1554 in particular and New Belgian Brewery in general.

Russ Jackson

• Total Posts: 2257
                                                RE: Favoite Brew Lager,Ale,Stout or Porter? Tue, 04/8/08 10:09 AM (permalink)
                                                Tecate (With Mexican Food or Pizza)
                                                Lebatts Blue
                                                Molson Golden
                                                Becks

I will never turn down a cold Bud or Miller Geniune Draft

...Russ

Davydd

• Total Posts: 6222
                                                  RE: Favoite Brew Lager,Ale,Stout or Porter? Tue, 04/8/08 10:28 AM (permalink)
                                                  I tend toward ales. My favorite is Boddington's Pub Ale as there is nothing smoother. It is kind of like a Guinness only a light ale. I first had it in Wales and have been a convert ever since.

Guinness depends on the freshness. Having had Guinness across the British Isles at least a dozen times I can tell you that The Local Irish pub in downtown Minneapolis serves just as good a Guinness. Other than that freshness when someone thinks they are not getting an equal I think it is mostly in the mind or the Guinness is not fresh.

For my every day drink it is usually Summit Extra Pale Ale. I will also drink anything brewed by Bell's Brewery in Comstock, MI as I think they are the best. Occasionally I will have a Pilsener by Summit or Schell's. I rarely drink Porters or wheat beers. I never drink fruit beers and I never buy MillerBudCoors types of beers or the American lagers.

We have a local microbrewery in Minneapolis in a company called Surly. They brew Bender and Furious and are making inroads in bars around town. Their brews are the closest I have had that taste like home brew and small brew pubs. They are excellent brews.

tmiles

• Total Posts: 1909
                                                    RE: Favoite Brew Lager,Ale,Stout or Porter? Tue, 04/8/08 12:17 PM (permalink)
                                                    The "homebrew" that I made with the daughter, her husband and a friend a little over a week ago.......
                                                    We made it at Deja Brew in Shrewsbury, MA. www.deja-brew.com . It is sort of like going to a friends kitchen to cook and then leaving the friend to do the cleanup .
                                                    We made a pale ale. We bottle it on Sunday. It is the "best", because we have not tried it yet.........Like a garden before planting, or tomorrow's ball game, we always plan for the "best ever"

tmiles

• Total Posts: 1909
                                                      RE: Favoite Brew Lager,Ale,Stout or Porter? Tue, 04/8/08 12:25 PM (permalink)
                                                      I'd really like to try the Sam Adams $125 a bottle special beer. I saw it in the paper today. The reviewer had planned to laugh at it, like the $25 "Bling" water. He did laugh at those who would pay for the Bling Water, but he loved the Sam Adams, even at the ridiculous price.

MilwFoodlovers

• Total Posts: 3090
                                                        • Location: Milwaukee, WI
                                                        RE: Favoite Brew Lager,Ale,Stout or Porter? Tue, 04/8/08 1:00 PM (permalink)
                                                        quote:
                                                        Originally posted by tmiles

I'd really like to try the Sam Adams $125 a bottle special beer. I saw it in the paper today. The reviewer had planned to laugh at it, like the $25 "Bling" water. He did laugh at those who would pay for the Bling Water, but he loved the Sam Adams, even at the ridiculous price.
                                                        I came across the 2007 Utopia going for $499 on Google check out. http://www.beeripedia.com/index.php/Samuel_Adams_Utopias

I hope I never think that spending that kind of money is an intelligent thing to do; sort of like paying big $$$$ for a Barry Bonds baseball.

pekarekj

• Total Posts: 14
                                                          • Location: Boulder, CO
                                                          RE: Favoite Brew Lager,Ale,Stout or Porter? Tue, 04/8/08 1:27 PM (permalink)
                                                          3 words: Alaskan Smoked Porter

Davydd

• Total Posts: 6222
                                                            • Location: Tonka Bay, MN
                                                            RE: Favoite Brew Lager,Ale,Stout or Porter? Tue, 04/8/08 3:43 PM (permalink)
                                                            You are not going out to mow the lawn on a hot summer day and come in and swig down a Samuel Adams Utopia at $125 per bottle. It is 25.6% alcohol by volume and they recommend you you drink it at room temperature in a 2 oz. snifter like sherry or cognac.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 30 of 42

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com